Music of the Times

Midlothian, VA View map

$900 Most Popular Price

Music of the Times, by J. Hock is not your average DJ Service. We offer not only music, but also great Master of Ceremony services and entertainment for all of our events. This allows YOU to WORRY LESS about your event and more about having a great time. We coordinate with your caterer, photographer, and any other service you have so that your event will flow smoothly.

We are based out of Midlothian and Ruthers Glen VA. We will travel to your event from DC to NC and everywhere in between.

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$750.00

What is included in the starting price?

Consultation
Sound/PA System

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$900

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Consultation
Travel Expenses

What is the starting price for uplighting?

$150.00

What music genres do you specialize in?

Country
Electronic
Hip Hop
Jazz
Oldies
Pop
R&B/Soul
Rock

What services do you offer?

Karaoke
MC

What additional equipment do you offer?

Uplighting

Ehren M. Married on 10/16/2021

Giant Dance Party

Jim was amazing! When I was undecided about what versions of songs I wanted for different parts of my ceremony he sent me several different options to choose from. When I had my consultation with him, I told him that our goal was to have all 180 guests dancing the whole time and he made it happen! Many guests came to me and told me it was one of the most fun weddings they had been to because Jim was able to keep everyone dancing and having a good time! Highly recommend Music of the Times for your wedding!
  • Ashley
    Ashley S. Married on 11/07/2020

Amazing DJ

We hired Jeremy from Music of the Times to DJ our wedding, and he did an amazing job! He was super professional, keeping in contact with us often leading up to the wedding. We had a consultation with him before the wedding to talk about a must play/do not play list, and it was followed exactly. Otherwise, we let Jeremy determine what songs should be played, and we had a blast! Everyone at the wedding loved his work and gave us many compliments on our DJ selection. As an added bonus, he worked to mix and produce a song with my wife's sister and her grandfather who were originally going to sing at the wedding but could not due to COVID. We will certainly recommend him to our friends and would love to use him again for other events in the future!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 10/13/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Jim was so great to work with! We had a few ideas of what we wanted, but it felt great after talking with him from our initial meeting to let him just take control and do what he does best! Our guests had a great time and we felt like there was such a fun variety of music played that everyone enjoyed! Not only that but he even managed a dual set up for our wedding in a forest area and the reception set up!

Music of the Times's reply:

Thank you both for allowing me to be part of your special day. You were an amazing couple to work with and wish you all the best.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Hoot Media Hoot Media Wedding Photographers

They keep the party going throughout the night seamlessly!

D's Party Designs and Graphics Services D's Party Designs and Graphics Services Wedding Planners

Definitely my preferred DJ. Jim is an outstanding professional that not only knows how to please the client, but does it with such style. He is able to read the pulse of the crowd and adapt the music as needed.

Midlothian, 23112
Location of (Music of the Times)

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding