PO Box 294, Homewood, CA 96141 Map · Phone number
· Visit website

About Mountain High Weddings

Hi, I'm Rev. Christa Deane of Mountain High Weddings! I’ve lived on Tahoe’s beautiful West Shore since 1988 and have been blessed to be a licensed wedding officiant here since 1998. I know marriage is worth celebrating and I also know that the pre-celebration can be stressful — in that space is where I’ve found my calling. With my many years of experience, I ensure that the pre-celebration and ceremony is calm and stress-free, and I collaborate with you to create a ceremony reflective of your love and relationship.

My experience officiating a variety of weddings in diverse locations uniquely qualifies me to work with you to customize each ceremony — which, of course, can include your cherished pet(s)! I offer an array of ceremony options: Traditional, Non-Denominational, Hand-Fasting Ritual, Knot Ceremony, Unity Candle, Sand Ceremony, Toasts, Renewal of Vows, and more. I believe in inclusivity to all wedding types, including rehearsals, vow renewals, civil unions, non-religious, single religion, and interfaith ceremonies. California marriage licenses are also issued and included in my wedding packages — one less thing for you to worry about!

Whether you envision an intimate dinner party in the middle of a meadow, see yourselves getting married on skis at the top of a mountain, or picture being wed under a full moon on the lake, I will help you create a unique ceremony to declare your love and promises to your chosen partner -- in one of the most beautiful places in the world!

Follow Mountain High Weddings on

Mountain High Weddings 5
  • Jenefer

Jenefer Gallagher · Married on 12/10/2019

Couldn't have asked for Better

Christa was so easy to work with and made our day so special. Her attention to deal was second to none. She made me feel so comfortable as the bride I knew I didn't have to worry about anything.

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Annemarie

Annemarie Hubbers · Married on 09/21/2019

Christa made our elopement fun and relaxed!

We were so happy with Christa as our wedding officiant! We decided last minute to elope in Lake Tahoe and Christa was super flexible fitting us in on our desired date and answering our questions by email and phone. We loved that she made suggestions on the location for the ceremony and where to take pictures. It all turned out so beautiful! She also made sure to involve our only guest, Brian's son, during the ceremony and photo shoot. We were actually running late for our own wedding were feeling pretty nervous, but Christa made us feel comfortable and in a matter of minutes we were all relaxed and enjoying the experience. The pictures Christa took turned out beautiful, we get a lot of compliments on them. You can tell that we were having a lot of fun during it all. It was also great that Christa is a notary and got our paperwork filled out correctly. We didn't think that was a big deal, until we heard from friends who got married 6 months earlier where this went wrong and they still don't have their marriage certificate. So with Christa as your officiant and notary you will have nothing to worry about!

Mountain High Weddings 6
    Mountain High Weddings 7
    Mountain High Weddings 8
    Sent on 01/09/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Mountain High Weddings FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 300
  • Which of the following are included in the price?
    Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 225
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 50
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Orthodox Christian
    Pagan
    Presbyterian
    Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
    30-60 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    CA
    WI
  • What languages do you speak?
    English