Paia, HI 96779 Map · Phone number

About Miss B Calligraphy

Miss B Calligraphy is a stationery boutique created by Barbara Vanderpool on the island of Maui. With a formal background in illustration and design, Barbara has a great appreciation for hand-drawn, whimsical art and the lost craft of letter writing. She specializes in custom-made wedding stationery, invitations, escort cards, chalkboards and wooden signs. Barbara takes great care in working with each bride to create a design that is elegant, personal and beautiful. At Miss B Calligraphy we believe it is the many charming details that make a wedding a truly one-of-a-kind celebration!

Nikkisquare
tablename600
Picture4

7 Reviews for Miss B Calligraphy

NATALIE · Married on 07/10/2014

Barbara was amazing to work with! She was so easy and helpful with all of our thoughts. She did such an incredible job on our signage for the wedding! We had her made a welcome sign for the church and reception, seating chart, menu, name tags, table centre tags and dessert bar sign.
    I was blown away by her work - it was beautiful and was such an fantastic touch to our wedding! Our guests loved all the signs! If I had pictures available yet, I would post them - as they are fantastic!
    I highly recommend Barbara - she is amazing at what she does and was such a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Stephanie · Married on 01/17/2014

The theme of our wedding was vintage hawaiian meets contemporary/sophisticated. My wedding planner, located on the Big Island, has worked with Barbara before and suggested we use her for our seating chart. Barbara is very well known, and for good reason, for creating beautiful vintage surfboards, which she sources herself, paints and preserves and ships anywhere. She created 2 surfboards for our wedding with hand calligraphy that had our seating chart and then a separate board with song lyrics from one of our favorite songs.

Working with Barbara was an absolute pleasure and she is very professional, has a wide range of abilities and creativity and I wish we used her for more than just surfboards! She worked with us to give us different design options of the board before she made them and they were shipped to the Big Island from Maui without any problems. I LOVED them when I saw them and were a huge hit. everyone at our wedding was talking about them! We even like the lyrics board so much, we bought it from her and shipped it our house, where it sits in our living room. She is extremely talented and will take the stress out of designing your wedding! Thank you Barbara!!!

Sent on 02/20/2014

Shannon · Married on 04/17/2013

The theme for my recent wedding in Maui was vintage Hawaiian post card. After searching around for a creative way to do our guest seating arrangement in line with the theme, I came across the work of Barbara Vanderpool of Miss B Calligraphy http://missbcalligraphy.com/contact/

Barbara created the most amazing seating arrangement hand painted onto a surfboard! Not only did it fit perfectly with our wedding theme, my husband (and all of the other guests) absolutely loved it! It was such a wonderful final touch. Barbara is great to work with and a very good communicator – we did all of our communication over email. Also, she was very responsive to our needs. I had a few last minute guest cancellations – which led to changes in the seating arrangements. Barbara just rolled with the punches and carried out her work superbly for our big day. Highly recommend her work if you are after something unique for your special day.

Sent on 06/15/2013