Montclair, NJ 07042 Map · Phone number

About Miriam's Well Ministry

Greetings, One and All!

The minister holds many roles for a wedding ceremony - architect, spiritual adviser, peacemaker, emcee, performer ... and many others. If you want someone to just read standard vows and process your marriage license, I can certainly do that! But if you want something more - attention to detail, personal advice, a real professional who can make you and your guests both laugh and cry - drop me a line.

My name is Claire Schwartz (BA, Spiritual Counselor & Interfaith Minister) and I am the founder of Miriam's Well Ministry in Montclair, NJ. I have been doing weddings since 2010, and other types of ceremonies for more than a decade.

My speciality is Handcrafted Soulful Ceremonies, making moments and memories for you and yours to cherish.
Handfastings and House Blessings, LGBT and eclectic, commitment ceremonies and civil unions - many ideas and all are welcome! Every faith and path is honored.

Here are some of the things I offer:

• I work with you on every detail of the ceremony, providing you with my extensive list of ceremonial elements for you to choose from
  • I think of details that you may not consider, then help you problem-solve a solution
  • I will write a deeply personal and unique story for your ceremony (this is the Soulful Handcrafting part)
  • I am very organized & always on time, stemming from my 25 years in the business world
  • I am as compassionately committed to making your day special as you and your family are
  • I have crisis management experience, keeping a cool head and steady hand if things go sideways, not to mention performance experience from my acting days to roll with whatever happens
  • And much more.....

I perform fully orchestrated, step-by-step rehearsals, coordinating the venue, the musicians and any ceremonial aspects that need to be practiced. After all, if you are spending all this money, and you are only doing this once, you want to make sure everything is in place and runs smoothly.

I have several pricing packages, depending on how detailed your ceremony is, how long we have to create it and what additions you want added on. Every couple gets a personalized quote that works for them.

So give me a call, or drop me a line - I can be reached at 917-202-0475 and miriamswellministry@gmail.com.

Oh, and if you think I look too young to be a Minister, I am in my 40s - I just hide it well.....

I look forward to being part of your special day!
Wishing you Love and Light.

Follow Miriam's Well Ministry on

posed
img038

6 Reviews for Miriam's Well Ministry

Johanna · Married on 07/21/2014

I contacted Claire for an event very short notice but made me feel very comfortable and special on my wedding day. My family loved her as well. I would recommend her a million times over!

Sent on 07/28/2014
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 04/26/2014

From the first time we met her, my husband and I knew she was the perfect officiant for us. We cancelled our appointments with other ministers we had that week and booked her right away! She put together a stellar ceremony of our dreams and customized it PERFECTLY in terms of content, timing, and performance. If you are looking for an articulate minister who is willing to go the extra mile and accomodate your preferences, book Rev. Claire M. Schwartz!

Claire was ready and offered to orchestrate the whole ceremony, including directing the procession and the music. She honored our plans to let the venue direct the processional aspect, and we were blown away by how respectfully and professionally she worked with the maitre D at our venue (Valley Regency in Clifton, NJ). She came to the rehearsal and ran through the key parts and prepared us for any bumps. The part we loved best about the ceremony was how she weaved together a heartfelt story about how my husband and I met and fell in love. We requested her to perform a 10 minute ceremony and she delivered! Our guests laughed and cried during our ceremony, and afterwards, many came up to us and our parents and remarked how wonderful our officiant was! She was a hit!

In planning and performing the ceremony, we saw how her prior experiences in performance arts were truly invaluable. We initially planned to have the ceremony outside in the gardens, but as luck would have it, it began raining 1.5 hours before the ceremony and she calmly worked with our venue and musicians to rehearse and perform the ceremony indoors. No stranger to improvisation, there was another part during the actual ceremony when a 2 year old girl fell off her seat and started to cry loudly and uncontrollably. Rev. Schwartz responded to the situation perfectly with grace and a bit of of humor, and the ceremony continued without skipping a beat.

In summary, we give Rev. Claire M. Schwartz our HIGHEST recommendation!

Sent on 04/30/2014

Miriam's Well Ministry's reply:

You two are truly priceless human beings, it was just a pleasure to work with you. Wishing you many years of happiness and if you ever need anything, call on me. Many Blessings!

We absolutely love the service provided you have mad our wedding day easy and I would definitely recommend u to anyone very nice a genuine thanks

Sent on 03/17/2014

Miriam's Well Ministry's reply:

It was an honor and privilege! So very pleased I could be of service to your family. Wishing you many years of happiness!

Miriam's Well Ministry FAQ

• What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Single Religion
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Buddhist, Episcopalian, Jewish, No Denomination, Presbyterian

• Montclair, 07042 See on map