Burlington, VT 05408 Map · Phone number

About Michael Tallman Photography

After years of living in the American west and shooting weddings from Alaska to Jamaica, Michael Tallman returns to Vermont and his northeastern roots in 2014. Focusing on the fleeting opportunities for timeless images at a wedding and working in service of love and family inspires the romantic documentary style of Michael Tallman’s images. With an emphasis on preparation and collaboration with each couple before the big day, Michael works tirelessly to ensure your wedding photographs will be treasured for generations.

Follow Michael Tallman Photography on

1 User photo

Michael Tallman Photography 1
  • Marielle

Marielle Rousseau · Married on 09/22/2018

Greater photos than we could have even hoped for!

Hiring Michael as our wedding photographer was truly one of the best choices we made in planning our wedding. We cannot praise his beautiful photography enough. Michael doesn’t just take pictures; he captures moments. His photos perfectly embody the atmosphere of our wedding, and are just as full of magic and life as the day itself. Michael is a pleasure to work with. From the beginning, he was communicative, helpful, and full of ideas. He took care to acquaint himself with us as a couple, and to know what was important to us. The day of our wedding, he was such a wonderful, grounding presence. He’s calm, friendly, and focused, with a great game plan to make sure we got all the shots we wanted, and a wonderful eye for impromptu moments. If you’re getting married, you absolutely should go with Michael.

Sent on 11/20/2018

Molly · Married on 08/18/2018

Thoughtful, passionate, and skilled photographer

Michael was an incredible and thoughtful asset during every step of our wedding. My spouse and I are both a little camera-shy, so having a photographer who could help us feel at ease was paramount. From our initial skype consult with Michael, he had an calm and focused energy that made it clear that he has so much experience and passion for his job. We had a blast during our engagement photo shoot, during which Michael followed us out into the woods in the middle of a snowstorm, and he quickly delivered to us pictures that captured our personality in a way we'd never imagined possible.

I was not the most organized bride, and as our wedding day approached, Michael was incredibly accommodating. He helped us nail down parts of the schedule, worked with our venue, and made sure that he knew what we wanted--even when we weren't sure what that was.

On the big day, Michael was a calming presence in a whirlwind. He encouraged us to spend quiet time appreciating moments together, and captured those moment forever. We had thought that being photographed would be one of the more difficult parts of the wedding day, but the few minutes we spent savoring each other's company with Michael's help are some of my favorite memories of the day. Not to mention--he came around when an amatuer photographer was holding me hostage during the cocktail hour and snapped a picture so I could keep mingling! All day, he was nearby, but not intrusive. Especially during the ceremony, Michael is conscientious of what we wanted to have photographed, our experience of the moment, and our guests. He manages to capture the magic of the moment without taking anything away from it. If anything, he adds to it.

I could not give a more wholehearted recommendation for Michael Tallman. The photographs he took are alive with the energy and spirit or our colorful and unique wedding. I feel incredibly lucky to have had Michael be a part of our wedding, and will cherish the images he created for the rest of my life.

Sent on 01/18/2019
    Michael Tallman Photography 2

Katie · Married on 06/02/2018

If you are lucky enough to have a wedding on a date that Michael is available, hire him. In seeking out our wedding photographer, we looked at many galleries. Michael was in a class of his own. We were in love with his amazing work from the first time we saw it. There was a bit of hesitation on our part as he was quite a bit more money than what we had budgeted. He was firm on his pricing. I couldn't get his work out of my head so we decided we had to have him as our photographer. He's not just a photographer after all, he's an artist.

Our wedding was just a few days ago and though we've only seen a few photo's so far, we knew at the wedding that he was 110% worth his price. Michael works hard. There were many times I didn't notice him at all, but when I did see him, you could tell he was concentrating and thinking about his shots and the lighting and the scene he was about to capture.

We had a beautiful, clear night for our wedding. The stars were out. I said to my husband at one point, late, 'wow... it's so amazing out. I wonder if we could ask Michael to get a photo of us under the stars'. I didn't want to ask at that point as he had put in a long day already and really should have been heading out. Next thing I knew, he came up to me and said "I was just checking it out and I think it would be a great night to try and get a starlight photo if you two are up for it." Our party was wrapping up and the final guests were heading out and there we were down in the field taking more amazing shots with Michael. Talk about giving it your all!
    He is worth every penny and more. Don't think twice about hiring him for your special event.

Sent on 06/06/2018

Award

Michael Tallman Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Slideshow, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 5,250.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Trash The Dress

• Two of Us Wedding Photography
    Two of Us Wedding Photography Wedding Photographers

Michael is not only stunningly talented photographer, but also such a kind person. His work is inspiring and always fresh. He's super helpful to other professionals, especially other photographers, and everyone I know who has worked with him gushes about their great experience.

• Alta Moda Bridal Boutique
    Alta Moda Bridal Boutique Wedding Dresses

Having seen the beautiful photos from Michael Tallman with several of our clients, we have fallen for his natural and refreshing photography. Alta Moda brides have been treated very well and were thrilled with the quality of service and detailed work from Michael.