P. O Box 1874, Silver Spring, MD 20904 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 13

About MG Beauty

The owner, "MG" has been a licensed make up artist since 1995. She is a graduate of Morgan State University. She started her professional career with Christian Dior Parfums. MG soon branched out as a freelance makeup artist working for M.A.C. Cosmetics, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, Christian Dior, and Lancome. Mindy is a co-author of the wedding planning book "Wedding Planning Perfection, Tips and Secrets from Top Wedding Professionals".

With a strong desire to continue her studies, MG went on to obtain her Cosmetology license. Since that time, MG has worked with Fox News, BET, Rap Pages Magazine, Kindred to Family Soul, Style Q Hair Magazine, Essence Magazine, Sophisticates Hair Styling Guide and Hanes/Playtex.

In recent years, MG has worked as an on air beauty specialist in Baltimore and Houston. She also contributes to blogs and magazines as a beauty expert.

BessG
MG Beauty, LLC Client K. Hill Wedding 5/08 - Hair & Makeup

• Videos 1

10 Reviews for MG Beauty

sarrina · Married on 07/02/2011

MG Beauty provided my makeup for my wedding. She was professional and personable. I loved having the consultation so there were no surprises on the big day. I had a very small wedding party (me and my maid of honor) and our make up was flawless. The best thing was even afer the hugs and kisses from the receiving line, my make up was still fresh!! And my husband loved how natural I looked. Thanks MG Beauty!!

Sent on 07/11/2011

Danielle & Clayton · Married on 05/21/2011

Mindy is so awesome! She definitely exceeded both my bridal party and my expectations! Originally I did not consider having my makeup professionally done for the wedding, but soo glad I did. There is no way I would have had the patience or nerves to do my own, nor nearly as good as she did! She was super patient with all of us during our trial and carefully worked with each person to make sure they all were happy with their makeup. She did my mom and bridal party's makeup (in addition to mine) for my wedding and they all turned out looking amazing! She arrived super early and was waiting for us at our wedding venue. My bridesmaids wore apple red dresses with black shoes and accesories, so she found a cool shade of red that popped for every girl. All the reds were tailored to each individual bridesmaid's complexion. Our photos look wonderful because of it! She is also such a sweet person. Everyone loved her! Would definitely use her again and highly recommend her. Thanks Mindy!

Sent on 06/05/2011
  • weliz

Wendy · Married on 10/03/2009

I hate wearing makeup, my usual skin care routine is soap and moisturizer, and my idea of "doing my hair" involves pulling it back in a pony tail. I'm also very pale with freckles and some wrinkles, plus my hair is baby-fine and hard to work with. So I knew I needed to find someone special who could make me look great without making me feel like I had fallen into a vat at the Lancombe factory or had been attacked by an Aqua Net addict. I'm so glad I booked Mindy of MG Beauty, she not only met the challenge, she exceeded my expectations! From the moment she arrived (on time!) at my house for the trial I was impressed by her professional demeanor. All of her supplies were clean and neat, she set up a very tidy workspace, and when she was done she cleaned up the space and thoroughly cleaned her brushes before putting them away. Instead of big bottles of stuff that get gunky with use, she used new products and sample sizes of the top-of-the line cosmetics like Bobbi Brown. This was a big deal for me, as it always kind of grossed me out to think of having stuff put on my face that might have other people's germs in it. Since I had told her I was particularly concerned about finding a style that would work with my fine hair without using a lot of product, she enlisted the help of her associate, Kishia, to focus on my hair while she did the makeup. I loved the look Mindy designed for me right from the get-go, and fortunately both she and Kishia were very patient as we tried many different looks with my hair until we hit on "the one." On the wedding day they arrived at our hotel ahead of schedule, and not only did they do a great job with both my sister and myself, they were also good company. While I never felt like I was wearing a lot of makeup, it withstood my crying throughout the entire ceremony! I was so busy and enjoying myself so much at the reception that I never once thought to go check my makeup or hair and touch it up, but it still looked good at the end of the day. The bottom line is, I felt SO beautiful on my wedding day, and never felt self-conscious that I was all dolled up. I got so many compliments that day, and continue to get compliments about how I look in the photos, ranging from "beautiful" to "stunning." I've never been called stunning before! I'm sure that makeup artists must get tired of hearing the phrase "I want to look like me, only better," but MG Beauty truly made it happen for me!

Sent on 10/30/2009

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

MG Beauty FAQ

• What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 80.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides? $ 80.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 80.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 80.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 80.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides? $ 80.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 80.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 80.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in prices? Consultation
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Hair, Makeup
  • What hair services do you offer? Updos / Styling, Hair Trial
  • What makeup services do you offer? Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Makeup Trial, Fake Lashes, Tattoo Coverage
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 10

• P. O Box 1874 Silver Spring, 20904 See on map
    1-855-956-2538 (Other Phone Number)
    Sat 10- 6 Sun 10-6