119 Braintree Street Suite 303, Allston, MA 02134 Map · Phone number

About Melinda Brandt Hair

Melinda has been in the industry since 2006 and has a diverse portfolio of experience and superior knowledge of her craft. After beginning her work as a full time stylist in Brookline she quickly became a local favorite, earning outstanding reviews on Yelp and building a fiercely loyal clientele. Her passion for people and meticulous nature are part of what drive her success. Melinda's specialties include classic and contemporary event and editorial styling, textured alternative cuts, modern cutting and coloring techniques and precision bangs and fringe. Ranging from hip and alternative to neat and conservative, she strives to create a look that best suits your personal style.

Melinda has received training in New York City with Toni & Guy, L'oreal Professionnel and Kerastase. She has trained locally in Boston with SHU Uemura, nationally with Baxter of California and L'oreal Professionnel and internationally with Kerastase and Odile Gilbert. Her work has been featured on MarthaStewartWeddings.com, Style Me Pretty, Bangstyle, and Imagine Magazine. She has also had to opportunity to work backstage at New York Fashion Week.

Melinda offers a range of services at Love and Mercy Salon in Boston as well as freelance on-site bridal/event styling and editorial work.

Follow Melinda Brandt Hair on

screen shot 2013 11 10 at 10 36 59 pm
09ee1d12363e761b image

4 Reviews for Melinda Brandt Hair

Deb · Married on 08/19/2017

Melinda was the stylist for my wedding this past August. My photographer referred Melinda, and I knew I loved her style from looking at her website. This was further confirmed at my hair trial, when she effortlessly created numerous beautiful hairstyles (many including braids)! She genuinely loves being creative with hair, and it was so fun to chat with her during the trial- she was so friendly and cool. My mom came along and commented on how talented and nice she was. Melinda even went the extra mile when I emailed her a month before the wedding asking for hair color recommendations after having a botched color experience. She quickly connected me with her colleague Megan at HC Studio, who was also really nice and did a wonderful job fixing my color.

On my wedding day, Melinda was punctual and did hairstyles for me, 3 bridesmaids, my mother, and my mother-in-law. She was very efficient, though took great care on each person's hair. I loved my hairstyle that day, and she attached a flower crown to the style. I expected my head to hurt since I often have pain if I have too many pins or a headband on, but my hair felt light and comfortable all day!

I loved Melinda's work and personality, and would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Cait · Married on 09/05/2015

Melinda is amazing. She did my hair (the bride) and several bridesmaids and everyone looked incredible. My hair stayed all night and Melinda really listened to me and gave exactly the look I wanted. I highly recommend to any bride. Shes also a really lovely person as well as extremely talented. She's the best of the best!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Melinda styled my hair for my wedding and it was perfect. She is THE person to go to if you are looking for a braided updo that looks romantic and ethereal.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Melinda Brandt Hair FAQ

• What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Mult. Stylists, Salon, Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Coloring, Haircuts, Updos / Styling, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair

• 119 Braintree Street, Suite 303 Allston, 02134 See on map