3243 W Lemoyne, Chicago, IL 60651 Map · Phone number

About Meg Takes Photos

When my husband and I got married, we chose a value for what we desired most in our family: JOY. Joy is what wakes me up in the morning. Not an artificial one, but a deep seated understanding that I am known and loved by my Jesus. When I photograph, it is not just another job for me. I am honored to be invited into so many people’s lives for a day to capture their joy. The chemistry between friends, family or lovers is what makes my job so beautiful. I simply try to create an environment to let your personalities glow, so you can look at an image and think, “That is the essence of our relationship”, or even of yourself. I am a documentary photographer, merely capturing the beauty that is already there. Whether it be the first steps down the aisle, or the first steps to mom’s arms, I hope to capture it all.

Follow Meg Takes Photos on