Irvine, CA, Irvine, CA 92602 Map · Phone number

About Maya Lora Photo

Maya Lora Photo is a wedding and elopement photographer in Irvine, California. Maya, the founder, loves traveling and is more than happy to come along for your adventure or destination wedding. She values the unposed and unexpected moments that occur during a wedding day. She believes that by capturing the raw and authentic moments in photographs, all of the emotions you were feeling will be encapsulated in time. By getting to know her clients early on, Maya hopes that everyone can be comfortable around each other, which will enable her to produce stunning photos of each special day. Maya invests her heart and soul into your photos because she knows how much these images will mean to you.

Maya Lora Photo uses a natural, photojournalistic style to document each couple’s wedding day. She carries liability insurance to give her clients peace of mind and can bring a second shooter along upon request. Maya is dedicated to capturing photos during every important moment of your wedding day, so she offers additional hours of coverage and is willing to go to multiple locations throughout the day. After the wedding, you and your loved ones will receive your high-resolution images as albums, canvases, digital files, or prints. Maya Lora Photo also offers the following photography services to her couples:

• Boudoir sessions

12 Reviews for Maya Lora Photo

• Dana

Dana Kobylarski · Getting married on 06/10/2020

Maya is a rockstar!

I could not recommend Maya Lora Photo enough!! Choosing to work with Maya was honestly the easiest and best decision we made for our wedding. After getting engaged to my fiancé, I had been shamelessly stalking Maya’s photos on Instagram for a few months and was in love with her photography style, so I knew exactly who I wanted to reach out to when it came time to start contacting vendors! We ended up going with a package that included both engagement and wedding photos; it made so much sense to have the same photographer for both so that we could get to know each other before the big day! We took our engagement photos in Joshua Tree when the weather was freeezinggg but Maya recommended some great shooting locations and had no problem braving the colder temps and driving all the way out from OC to meet us! It was so windy and I was convinced there would be 0 decent photos of us, but when Maya delivered the photos I was shocked to see how many beautiful shots she was able to capture in those conditions! We honestly loved every single one of them and it was so hard to decide which photo to use for our save the dates.

I could also not say enough good things about Maya’s team on our wedding day. I was (needless to say) a total wreck with stress the morning of, but Maya and her team made everything so easy and I was able to relax knowing I was in such capable hands! Maya had recommended that we take some time for couples portraits during sunset, and I'm so thankful we did!! Our photographer/videographer team was so much fun and took all the stress out of the day - those are honestly some of the moments we remember most.

Beyond that, I was so impressed how quickly Maya delivered our beautifully edited photos, and I’m still in awe of how she captured us so perfectly on that day. Maya was everything we could ask for in a photographer and more, and we couldn’t imagine having worked with anyone else!

Sent on 03/15/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel H Richards · Married on 10/10/2019

The best photos I've ever had done

There aren't enough positive adjectives to describe Maya Lora's work. We are from Kentucky and flew to San Diego for a trip; while we were there we had our engagement photos done. Not only was it a reasonable price, they were the most beautiful photos I have ever seen, and unlike any that my friends had done. She has a unique way of capturing the lighting and editing the photos to make them look dramatic and beautiful. I can't say enough good things. We love her so much that we are talking to her about taking photos of our wedding in Kentucky! We are on a budget but she is willing to work with us, and it would be so worth it to have her here. I would hire her to come with us all over the place if I could. We love and appreciate you, Maya! Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Ryan · Married on 07/27/2019

Lucky to Have Maya :)

If you are reading this review, then you are exactly where my now wife and I were nearly a year ago. Overwhelmed by all that we had gotten ourselves into planning a wedding. I had no idea who to hire for any of it. How to tell the different providers apart and who we could trust to do a good job. There are certainly no shortage of vendors that are all vying for the business. A lot were easy to discard but then there’s the 4 or 5 that you narrow it down to after looking at their work, their track record and their reviews. I have nothing invested in this review beyond reaching out to someone who is where I was and saying that this is the person you WANT doing your wedding photos.
    Maya met us weeks before the ceremony with our coordinator and walked through the venue with us to preview what she would do with it. She took time to get to know my wife and I and what we were like so that she could translate that to how she approached the project. Bottom line is that she really cares about her clients and her work. There’s no pretension here. Some of the people I talked to had an off putting arrogance about their photography. She lets her work do the bragging.
    The day of the wedding she totally outdid herself!! It is so hectic, and it is obviously the culmination of such a massive amount of planning and stress. Maya handles it like a real pro. She gets her shots and is able to move around and capture everything without being specifically conspicuous if that makes sense. She was able to wrangle everyone to be where they need to be and get the photos that YOU WILL WANT when its all said and done. She does this without being a drill sergeant or overbearing about it which I found to be pretty impressive. She has an unhurried relaxed way about her that sincerely makes all the difference in the thick of things. When she took my wife and I aside for all of our couple’s pics she not only made it fun, but her direction yielded some really flattering shots that I am very proud to share and display. She makes you look good!
    I hate big long novels for reviews so I will wrap it up but I could go on. Everything was so above what I expected that I couldn’t say enough. Maya captured the vibe of our wedding in a way that is just incredible to revisit through her pictures. The angles, the content, the framing all SO well done. It is obvious that she is skilled in her craft and that she takes time, personal care, attention to detail, and pride in her work and in her edits.
    I am sincerely grateful that we had Maya with us on our wedding day. She is such a sweet person and a KICK ASS photographer! I don’t review unless its really GOOD or really BAD. Do yourself a favor and try to hire Maya for your wedding day. It’s the best decision we made.

Sent on 09/20/2019

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Maya Lora Photo FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3500
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    One Event / Day
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 4500
    2nd Shooter
    Engagement Shoot
    Multi. Locations
    One Event / Day
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Second Shooter
    Toning
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Matted Prints
    Prints

• Irvine, CA Irvine, CA, 92602 See on map
    Location of (Maya Lora Photo)