Maya Lora Photo Reviews

Maya Lora Photo 6
Maya Lora Photo 7
  • Rachel

Rachel H Richards · Getting married on 10/10/2019

The best photos I've ever had done

There aren't enough positive adjectives to describe Maya Lora's work. We are from Kentucky and flew to San Diego for a trip; while we were there we had our engagement photos done. Not only was it a reasonable price, they were the most beautiful photos I have ever seen, and unlike any that my friends had done. She has a unique way of capturing the lighting and editing the photos to make them look dramatic and beautiful. I can't say enough good things. We love her so much that we are talking to her about taking photos of our wedding in Kentucky! We are on a budget but she is willing to work with us, and it would be so worth it to have her here. I would hire her to come with us all over the place if I could. We love and appreciate you, Maya! Thank you so much!

Maya Lora Photo 8
    Maya Lora Photo 13
    Maya Lora Photo 14
  • Christine

Christine Huang · Married on 02/02/2019

Crazy Talented With A Heart of Gold!

My husband and I are completely floored by the talent Maya has! She has such an eye for detail and can make you look good in ANY lighting, rain or shine (it rained at our wedding!). My husband used to do wedding photography himself and even HE can't believe how good Maya is at what she does!

Not only is Maya talented, but she is sweet, humble, and personable -- working with her felt like hanging out with a friend (which is great because she makes you feel so comfortable in front of the camera)! We LOVED meeting her in person during our engagement shoot and truly felt as though she was a close friend by the day of our wedding!

Maya is an amazing person through and through. She WANTS the best for her clients, going ABOVE and BEYOND to make sure they are happy with her work! When we first sat down to plan our wedding, we KNEW wedding photos were the ONE thing we would not compromise on. Thank goodness we found Maya! She was HANDS DOWN the best decision we made for our wedding -- our wedding pictures are beyond perfection and we will cherish them for so many years to come.

My husband and I plan on recommending her to all our friends because we KNOW good photogs are hard to come by! Thank you, thank you, thank you Maya!

Sent on 02/26/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Cadovec · Married on 01/11/2019

Wedding (+ Engagement) Photos

Where do I even begin with Maya- she is just absolutely exceptional. My husband and I were fortunate enough to hire her for our wedding after choosing her simply from loving how beautiful her photos were on Instagram. After doing an engagement session with Maya and her photographing our wedding, she practically feels like a member of the family now! She is professional, creative and honestly just the biggest joy to work with. We always laugh the whole time- and Maya never fails to capture the best moments of it. And she’s so artistic- the tones she uses on her photos make me feel like I walked off the page of a magazine. Maya will forever be our only option for capturing our most important memories.

Sent on 02/01/2019
    Maya Lora Photo 15
    Maya Lora Photo 16
    Maya Lora Photo 17
    Maya Lora Photo 18

Kassadie Davis · Married on 11/11/2018

The! Best!

We truly feel like we hit the jackpot with Maya. She is everything you could want in a vendor; professional, super sweet and ubbbber talented! We felt like she was our oldest friend just hanging out with us during our elopement. She took charge of the day which allowed us to focus on the magic. Our photos are so breathtaking and everyone who sees them can’t get over them. She completely captured our essence as a couple! We feel so lucky that we had a PERFECT fit for what we considered THE most important choice for our big day. To feel so at peace with cherishing these photos for the rest of our lives is a great feeling. We recommend her to everyone!!! Thank you so much Maya! You are the best!! We love you!

Sent on 02/24/2019

Morgan Berry · Married on 10/07/2018

Highly Recommend

Maya was absolutely wonderful to work with in every aspect. My husband is not very “photogenic” and he was very comfortable and at ease shooting with Maya. She was able to capture some amazing shots in both my engagement session and actual wedding day!

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Emma

Emma Francoise · Married on 09/21/2018

Best Decision Ever!

Maya was the best decision we made for our wedding! She went above and beyond our expectations. Looking through our wedding photos and trying to pick our favorite is so hard. We love all of the photos she took. We love her and would recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Adam Greenbaum · Married on 06/02/2018

Maya is Incredible

Maya is far and away the best there is in Southern California. She knocked our engagement photos out of the park. We had hired another photographer for our wedding and I am positive that our photos would have been 10000x better had we gotten rid of them for Maya.

Maya Lora Photo 19
  • Katelynn

Katelynn Schneringer · Married on 03/17/2018

Wonderful Work & Zero Stress!

We planned our wedding from a different state then where we wanted to get married. Due to this, meetings in person and certain things had to all be done over the phone and through email. I felt like I knew Maya before I ever met her in person! Actually we met the day of the wedding, while not ideal normally, it was no problem with Maya. She made us feel so included and taken care of.
    She showed up on time, dressed professionally, and jumped right into everything. She was friendly with my family, and didn't feel like she was just there to photograph our wedding. I can be a very awkward person, and she handled that like a champ. She gave just enough direction to help, but not so much I felt like this was a photo shoot instead of my wedding. She finds the balance very very well!
    For the group photos she does ask for a shot list of family members. She had it printed off and ready to go the day of. I included their title (aka bride) and their actual name. She had her second shooter help read them off so that it went way quicker than I expected. We also had out dog and some small nephews at the wedding. She was great working with "difficult" subjects. (The dogs and toddlers)
    The day after the wedding we got a lovely preview with the perfect mix of photos. You can tell she was paying attention to family dynamics because of the photos she chose to send the next day. We are obsessed with our dog and she clearly picked up on that and made sure she was in our preview photos :)
    Overall Maya was great, friendly, and I would hire her again!

Maya Lora Photo 20
    Maya Lora Photo 21

Rachel · Married on 11/05/2017

The Absolute Best Photographer

Maya is the ABSOLUTE best photographer I have ever met. After an engagement shoot with another photographer who I was very unhappy with, I found Maya! Maya puts so much time and effort into getting to know the couple and finding out exactly how they want their day and pictures to look. Maya did both our engagement photos and our wedding photos and I am in awe of them everyday. There is no one more talented, calm, and professional as Maya is. We find a friend in her and we would never go to anyone other than her. We can't wait to share more memories with her exceptional talent. Thank you Maya. We love you!

Sent on 01/29/2019

Katherine · Married on 09/24/2017

More than a vendor

Maya captured our intimate Yosemite elopment in the most stunning way! As a camera shy couple, she enabled us to be our playful selves and have the comfort level normally found with a friend. Additionally, she was incredibly professional and flexible in working with us! We do not hesitate to recommend her to family and friends!

Sent on 01/29/2019