Matthaei Botanical Gardens

1800 N. Dixboro Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48105 Map · Phone number

25 Reviews for Matthaei Botanical Gardens

• User6199400 · 2+ years ago

My partner and I planned our wedding from Australia. We are both from the US and still have family in the Midwest which is why we wanted to get married back home. Linda and the staff at the Conservatory were fundamental in helping us pull this off. We only had our ceremony at the Conservatory, our dinner was at a restaurant. We had a total of 19 people in attendance. Regardless, I cannot imagine doing it all over again without Linda's help.

She was straight forward about the limitations of the botanical gardens / conservatory. We had to abide by the time limits and rules, which makes complete sense. My husband and I both do research on plants, we understand that one cannot ask the humidity controls be turned off for the ceremony. I appreciated that Linda was up front about what was possible. She didn't mind my regular emails to ask new questions as they arose.

More importantly, Linda gave me recommendations of restaurants, beauty salons, hotels, Bed and Breakfasts, etc. She sent out vendor lists that were compiled from previous weddings at the conservatory. For someone who's primary role is not weddings, she certainly blew us away!

My husband and I were so fortunate to have worked with Linda. However the most important thing to note is that the website does not do the conservatory justice! Our wedding was in the middle of December. This could have been a dreary grey Michigan day. However, the sunset was spectacular with just a dusting of snow on the ground. That was all a lucky chance. The inside of the conservatory was spectacular. I highly recommend a sunset wedding at the conservatory. Inside, the light changed so dramatically during our ceremony. It emphasized our place within a broader context of this world and nature. The colors changed as natural light diminished and artificial lighting came on. The subtle mood change was breathtaking. Thanks to Linda and all the conservatory staff for helping create our wedding!

Sent on 01/13/2016
  • D'Lisa

D'Lisa · Married on 06/20/2015

It was beautiful and the staff was amazing!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Amy · Married on 09/06/2014

The botanical gardens were beautiful for our early fall wedding. The flowers and the grounds were very well maintained. We had the ceremony in the Perenial Garden and the reception at another venue. Linda was very helpful in organizing the timeline of events for the ceremony. We used the white metal arch and it was a pretty backdrop for the alter area. The bridal room was very useful in final preparations before the ceremony.

Sent on 10/06/2014

• 1800 N. Dixboro Rd. Ann Arbor, MI, 48105 See on map
    (Phone number)
    Location of (Matthaei Botanical Gardens)