99 Bow St, Portsmouth, NH 03801 Map · Phone number

About Martingale Wharf

Our two private rooms can accommodate from 10 to 60 guests for events ranging from casual cocktail parties to a decadent sit down dinner. Both spaces providing what most certainly is the best view in Portsmouth, and all the while enjoying creative local cuisine and innovative cocktails.

So whether you're meeting with business partners, celebrating the season, reuniting family members, or hosting a wedding for up to 350 people, Martingale Wharf can help make your occasion one to remember!

For more questions and details about hosting private events, and reserving the entire restaurant please email our management at thewharf@martingalewharf.com.

528466101003709005093111990307503n
wedding pic
nancygouldportsmouthnhwedding12

2 Reviews for Martingale Wharf

Marcus · Married on 07/23/2016

My now wife and I had dined there a few months before we got engaged, and then, while living in Arizona, thought it would be the perfect place to have our reception. Let me tell you this. It did not disappoint. Not even close. We had a small private room just to the left of the reception area, near the deck. The bartenders, phenomenal. I mean, they kept the drinks flowing, their friendly demeanor was amazing. The food, top notch. We decided to do a heavy appetizer menu for our guests and everything was simply superb. We had sliders, 3 different types of fries, chicken fingers, honestly it was our dream meal. We had such a fabulous time. They even opened the lower deck so we could go down and take some pictures for the wedding. I mean, I love the place. It is now my favorite restaurant in Portsmouth. I will forever go back when I'm in town, just to experience the food, and the amazing atmosphere. I really really enjoyed it. The staff, the food, all top notch. This was a place and day I'll remember forever. Thanks so much, we really love you guys!

Jennifer · Married on 08/23/2014

The East Room at Martingale was complete perfection for our rehearsal dinner. We had a cocktail style event with served appetizers and beverages, plenty of space to move around, comfy couches, high top tables and a bar with stools against huge windows that opened up right out onto the Piscataqua River. The food was incredible! We ate, drank and socialized with breezes coming off the water and the waitstaff was extremely attentive to our every wish. Everyone in attendance expressed how beautiful the spot was and how elegant but relaxed the entire venue felt. If only we could do it all over again!

Martingale Wharf FAQ

• What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 120
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 20
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 2
  • Describe your venue: Restaurant, Waterfront
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Bridal Shower, Engagement Party, Elopements, Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer? Bar Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Set Up, Wifi
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s)
  • What food and beverage items are available? Linens
  • What months are included in your peak season? May, June, July, August, September
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March