Altadena, CA 91001 Map · Phone number

About Marissa Maharaj

Marissa Maharaj is a destination wedding & lifestyle photographer based in Seattle LA // Traveling worldwide.

Follow Marissa Maharaj on

mmtwitter2
mmtwitter2

32 Reviews for Marissa Maharaj

Natalie · Married on 02/18/2017

Photography is super important to both my husband and myself, so we knew we needed to find someone who we could really trust. Marissa and her team are truly incredible and captured our day PERFECTLY. We are so in love with our photos and even more in love with her! Her calm and playful demeanor was such a huge blessing on our wedding day, when so much was going on. She has this amazing ability to be professional while also super relatable and makes everyone in her presence feel calm. Her photographs capture the special moments without being all up in your face. Those moments really do fly by, and having a photographer who is ON IT is so important on a big day like a wedding. She really is the perfect balance of everything we could have wished for in a photographer. I'm so glad we hired her and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/25/2017

Lisa · Married on 09/24/2016

To put it simply -- Marissa is the best! Photography was my top priority as soon as we booked our wedding venue, and I searched and searched and spoke to several fantastic photographers. After only one phone call with Marissa, I knew the search was over! Not only did I love her photos, I felt like I was speaking with an old friend on the phone. Throughout the process, Marissa was responsive, professional, organized, and fun to brainstorm ideas with! You never have to worry about staying on schedule, because Marissa will be one step ahead of you.

We got married on Whidbey Island, just outside of Seattle, and Marissa offered to go there and do a walk-through of the venue with me in advance. The walk-through calmed so many nerves, as Marissa used her creative eye to find the best lighting and decide where we should take our portraits. On the wedding day, we knew just what to do! On that note, where to even begin about how wonderful she was during the wedding weekend. Marissa and her second shooter were early to every call-time, and never missed a beat. My husband I keep saying became like part of the family for the weekend and somehow managed to be in five places at once to catch all of the special moments. Marissa managed to effortlessly corral the family and bridal party with a positive attitude, keeping us on schedule, and making it fun and easy for everyone. When the night was over, I hugged Marissa goodbye like an old friend! Anyone would be lucky to work with her :)

Sent on 06/15/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2016

Words cannot begin to describe how amazing Marissa is! I would have to say photography was my top priority for our Tahoe wedding in September and she completely blew us out of the water. She was extremely attentive and responsive the entire process which made the planning so stress free! She made my husband and I feel so comfortable and relaxed which at times can be hard to channel while in front of so many people/ posing for so many shots! She captured REAL moments on our big day and I still look at the pictures and I am brought back in the moment with her at ease and gorgeous style. She brought me to tears when we got them all back! They were exactly what I dreamed they would be. Furthermore- she was a PART of our day, not just as a photographer but quickly became a friend. I cannot simply put into words how creative, smart, innovated, and talented she is. I cannot wait to work with her again to capture our next big adventure.

Marissa Maharaj is simply put- THE BEST!!

Sent on 06/14/2017