Denver, CO, Denver, CO 80014 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $4,000
Availability Check your date

About Map + Compass Photography

I’m Nicole, a photographer and your guide for local and destination elopements and intimate weddings. I’m passionate about capturing meaningful moments on your day!

As your guide, I help create a celebration that stays true to you, asking the questions no one else does...what traditions will you incorporate and which ones will you start? Will you have an unplugged ceremony? These and many more are part of my wedding guidebook you receive once booking me!

Whatever your adventure, I'm here for you, each step of the way!

Follow Map + Compass Photography on

Catskill Mountains Shoot
intimate destination wedding photographer aspen colorado 51 972538

8 Reviews for Map + Compass Photography

Bailey Bustamante · Getting married on 02/10/2021

One of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding.

Hiring Nicole Thomson (Map + Compass Photography) as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made during the planning process. We had prioritized photography in our budget because it was extremely important to us, and it was well worth the investment.

From the beginning, Nicole was a huge resource for me as I navigated through planning a mostly-traditional 113-person wedding in the hill country of Austin, Texas. We hired her because we loved the way she captured moments big and small, and I honestly didn’t think I would need much of her “planning” help. I was wrong. Nicole helped me think about things I would have otherwise dismissed or overlooked. She helped simplify for me what was actually important to us and let that drive the decisions we made. She listened to all my concerns, scheduled check-in calls regularly to work through our photography timeline, created a mood board for me when I was really struggling with overall design cohesiveness, and even sent me helpful articles when I couldn’t pick a dress color for my bridesmaids. I cannot overstate how valuable she was to me in this area.

When we finally met Nicole at our wedding, it was like seeing an old friend. She scouted out beautiful portrait locations at the venue we didn’t even know were there, directed our 22-person wedding party with ease, and made sure we didn’t miss any specific pictures that we had highlighted as “must haves.”

While we were on our honeymoon, she sent us about 30 preview pictures to have. I’ve never even heard of a photographer doing that, and ALL my friends were extremely jealous I already had some amazing photos just a few days after the wedding. Those preview pictures helped tide us over until we got our full gallery, and again I was surprised that she offered something I didn’t think I needed, yet valued so much!

When we received our gallery, we clicked through the pictures with huge smiles on our faces. She captured our day exactly how we remembered it, and that was the most important thing to us. We didn’t want our pictures to be overly-staged or unnatural. We just wanted to be able to look back on our photos and see in print what we experienced on that day. She nailed it. It was also so easy to share them with our family & friends, and the number one comment we keep hearing back is “your photographer did an amazing job.” We completely agree and are so thankful she was there to capture such a special day for us.

Sent on 12/16/2019

Map + Compass Photography's reply:

Bailey, your words mean so much to me! Everything you said is exactly what I aim to deliver in my business. I want each couple to receive a personalized experience, just like you! My heart is so full!
  • Jade

Jade Brown · Married on 01/12/2020

Rare to find someone has talented and genuine as Nicole

Gosh. I don’t know if I can even put into words how thankful we are that Nicole was our wedding photographer and how talented she is! My husband and I were sold the moment we read her heart behind photography. She is a total moments girl. Nicole understands and values the beauty of moments and is passionate about authentically capturing them. Her presence brought so much peace when things felt crazy.

She advocated for us and guided us through the wedding planning process so seamlessly and went beyond her role as just our wedding photographer. My husband and I were nervous about what it would be like to be photographed and feel not ourselves, but she made us feel comfortable and free to be who we were.

Nicole is a fast friend and genuinely cares about her clients. We absolutely loved her and we loved the moments that she captured for us during our engagement session and our wedding day. We felt so represented and valued!

Sent on 01/23/2020

Map + Compass Photography's reply:

Thank you for all the kind words, Jade! I loved being apart of your and Russell's journey in this season of life! I'm so glad you found me!
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Gonzalez · Married on 01/04/2020

The Best Wedding Decision

How can I effectively put into words how amazing Nicole is? Let me take a shot. I'll start by saying that photography, for me, was probably the most important wedding vendor decision I made. I knew that our pictures were going to last a lifetime and I wanted to make sure that they were perfect. From the moment I came across Nicole's work, I knew she had to be the one to capture our love.

Here's the thing about Nicole, she is undeniably talented, her work is impeccable, and it's clear she has an eye for beauty; but what makes her the best is how much she cares. And I mean cares. She was always willing to answer any wedding-related questions I had (photography related or not), and she took the time to soothe my nerves and advise me. WHAT?! Definitely goes above and beyond. I honestly felt close and comfortable with her and certainly did not feel like I was just another client.

I sincerely appreciate every ounce of effort she put into making our experience what it was. From a custom guidebook, to a schedule/timeline of the whole wedding day... if you are lucky enough to have Nicole, you will be well taken care of.

We received our full album back in a *very* timely manner and we were in love. What else can I say?

A million times thank you, Nicole! I hope you know how amazing and appreciated you are!

Sent on 02/05/2020

Map + Compass Photography's reply:

Rebecca, thank you for the beautiful words! I loved helping you and being there, each step of the process! Your and Adam's day is a reminder of what true love is and why marriage is so special!

Map + Compass Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 2000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Multi. Locations
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 4000.00
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    Multi. Locations
    One Event / Day
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Prints

• Denver, CO Denver, CO, 80014 See on map
    903-776-3120 (Phone number)
    Location of (Map + Compass Photography)