Mandy Rose Studio

West Bloomfield, MI View map Visit website

Mandy Rose Studio is a wedding hair and makeup artist operating out of West Bloomfield, Michigan. Established in 2010, business owners Michelle and Mandy Rabban are two experienced professionals with a passion for style and beauty. These experts come qualified and possess intuitive creativity that helps them to incorporate various on-trend looks and aesthetics into their work. Michelle and Mandy make it their mission to enhance and highlight their client’s natural beauty, ensuring they feel confident and radiant on their big day.

There are various top-tier services on offer through Mandy Rose Studio. These experts are happy to meet with you for a consultation. During these meetings, you can explain your vision for your look, from which Michelle and Mandy take their inspiration. From hair, eyebrows, and makeup, you are sure to find everything you need to make sure you look your best on your wedding day. Mandy Rose Studio offers group packages that are ideal for bridal parties.

• Woman-owned

What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?

$195

What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?

$95

What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?

$100

What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?

$95

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Hair
Hair Removal
Makeup
Mult. Stylists
Salon
Licensed

What hair services do you offer?

Blowouts
Textured Hair Styling
Updos / Styling
Hair Trial
On-Site Hair

What makeup services do you offer?

Contour Makeup
Eye Makeup
Natural Makeup
On-Site Makeup
Wedding Party Makeup
Makeup Trial
Fake Lashes
Brow/Lash Tinting

What hair removal services do you offer?

Tweezing
Waxing
1.2

1 User photo

• Angie
    Angie W. Married on 05/12/2020

Unprofessional

I booked makeup services for myself and my bridesmaids with Mandy for my December wedding. As we requested Mandy travel to us the morning of, upon booking, I was asked to pay a $200 travel fee, which I happily did. I was never emailed any kind of contract or client agreement, but I was not anticipating a problem. When the Governor restricted indoor dining once again, we decided to cancel our existing plans and elope. This left me with no reason to have a makeup artist booked for any kind of services that day. I reached out to the salon to let them know of the cancellation and request a refund of my travel fee. I was then told that while they do not offer refunds, they would be offering me a $200 credit to the salon. I have absolutely zero problem with the notion of a non-refundable fee. Where I do have issue is the fact that I was never informed of this verbally, a contract was not presented to me, nor were any other policies which the studio may adhere to. Furthermore, it was described to me as a "travel fee," which she was no longer required to do. When I brought this to their attention, I was told their manager would be reaching out to get my card info to process the refund. It has now been two weeks and I did not receive a phone call, nor was there any other attempt to reach me. I think it is also worth noting that had I been completely happy with the results of my makeup trial, I likely would have been more willing to accept a salon credit. My skin does tend to be on the oilier side and within a couple hours, I already felt like my face was melting. My skin had not been primed, and there was what felt like a pound of foundation caked on my face. Frankly, it aged me by about 10 years. I do not often write negative reviews, but in the current situation, where I know I am not the only bride that was going through what many are currently dealing with, I think it's worth putting it out there, as this business does not put these details into writing. All of my vendors were small businesses. All of my vendors required a deposit, and all of my vendors put in writing that this deposit was non-refundable. I was required to sign these contracts. Had I known before hand that they would fail to make light of a policy, and then turn around and try to capitalize from our unfortunate circumstance, I certainly would have been deterred from booking in the first place.

Mandy Rose Studio's reply:

Hi Angie, we are so sorry to hear that you are still upset with us after we tried so hard to accommodate you when your wedding date got cancelled. The travel fee you speak of was actually described to you as a deposit- which is a pledge for a contract. The last thing we wanted was for you to completely lose your deposit during such an unprecedented time, which is why we immediately offered it back to you as a full refund as a courtesy. As for your makeup trial, we are so sorry you were unhappy!! When we asked for your feedback through email as we do with all brides, your response was “loved it!”. Had we known you felt there was an overload of makeup for your liking, and it didn’t suit your skin type, we would have taken a different approach to your wedding day makeup to make sure you were completely satisfied (which is why we always recommend a trial to our new clients!)

Due to the pandemic and today’s restrictions provided by our governor, we are currently limited on providing services, which has reduced our staff and our business hours. This has resulted in you not receiving your refund as soon as you may have hoped, but as promised in our email, you should see your refund in the next few business days. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, that was never our intention, and we hope to see you again soon!

Thank you!
    Mandy Rose

4147 Orchard Lake Rd. West Bloomfield, MI, 48324

Monday: Closed Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Thursday: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM Friday: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM Saturday: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Location of (Mandy Rose Studio)

Other vendors in Detroit for your wedding