Madison

Up to 200 guests

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$9k - $11k For 100 Guests
Up to 200 guests

Madison is a historic wedding venue and landmark located in Detroit, Michigan. The exterior pays homage to classic Detroit architecture, while inside, you'll find a modern loft space with an industrial atmosphere. This captivatingly historic space is an unforgettable setting where couples can celebrate their love against a rich backdrop of vintage architecture. Carefully renovated and fully equipped with everything you’ll need to celebrate, Madison is the ideal locale to make your wedding day dreams a reality.

Facilities and Capacity

The first space is a state-of-the-art, 130-seat auditorium that’s ideal for wedding ceremonies and fireside chats. The second space, next to the auditorium, is a loft area that accommodates up to 180 guests. The space features an industrial feel, complete with exposed brick and beams. High ceilings create a sense of airiness, while oversized windows fill the space with brightness and natural light. The space is a blank canvas, with its versatility offering couples the opportunity to host events of all sizes and styles. Spend some of your day on The Madison Rooftop, a multilevel outdoor space that overlooks Comerica Park. Couples and their guests can marvel at the scenic views of downtown Detroit, with the city atmosphere adding life and energy to any celebration. The rooftop offers 7,000 square feet of space with modern furnishings. It also houses a covered catering area, while a full-service bar and dance floor are ideal for receptions. The wraparound balcony is the perfect backdrop for wedding photos.

Madison's staff can provide guests with top-notch event services so that you can sit back, relax, and enjoy your big day. They will work with you to ensure that every element of your celebration is carefully considered and expertly executed. The team will welcome your chosen vendors to ensure that they have everything they need to support you on your day. Set-up and clean-up services will be provided, allowing you to enjoy your event without worrying about the smaller details. This wheelchair-accessible property also offers valet parking, ensuring that all of your loved ones will have accessibility to the venue.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$7,110

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$6,060

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$7,110

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$6,060

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Clean Up
Set Up

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$22

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

House Beer
House Liquor
House Wine
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Historic Building
Loft
Rooftop

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Bar Services
Clean Up
Lighting / Sound
Outside Vendors
Set Up
Wifi

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Audio Equipment
Dance Floor
Furniture
Lighting

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
Glassware

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Valet
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

May
June
July
August
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January

4.9 out of 5 rating
    4.9 out of 5 rating

Hunter B. Married on 10/06/2022

Amazing Experience

We had an amazing experience working with The Madison for our wedding. Communication was timely and all our questions were answered immediately. As soon as we saw the venue in person, we knew this was where we wanted to get married. We used the rooftop for our ceremony and the loft space for our reception. The entire night was incredible. We had so many compliments on the view and the overall look of the venue itself. All the staff were very helpful and professional. Coordinating and working with Lauren at the Madison was wonderful. She was timely in her email responses, knowledgeable about the space, and always available for additional questions. She was also present the day of the wedding to ensure the event ran smoothly and there were no hiccups. I would highly recommend this space for an event.
  • Beth
    Beth S. Married on 09/10/2022

Easy and perfect!

The Madison provided a perfect setting for our event. The view of the city os what out of towers want to see! The staff is very professional, knowledgeable and accommodating. They provided the set up and take down and everything in between so I could throughly enjoy my event.

Madison's reply:

Hi Beth! Thanks for sharing this review. We're glad you got to enjoy your event with us and hope you're well!
  • illustration stars

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Deals

Madison 1
Discount

Interested in getting married November through April? We offer a discount on the venue rental fee for all weddings during our off-peak season. Fill out an inquiry form to find out more!

Pricing

Team

Julie Glenn
Julie Glenn
Director, Event Venues Team

As Director of the Event Venues Team, I have the pleasure of working alongside the most talented and dedicated Venue Sales and Facilities Technicians around. Our team is laser focused on creating unparalleled experiences for our clients and event guests alike. A little about me: After graduating from Michigan State University (Go Green!), I relocated to South Florida to kickstart my career in the hospitality industry where I worked as an Event Manager for a Destination Management Company. I soon took notice of the remarkable progress happening in downtown Detroit and made my way back home to manage Bedrock’s portfolio of venues. My top three standout moments over the past several years include 1) Hosting my dream wedding atop the Madison Building rooftop, 2) Becoming a Mom to my beautiful daughter Mya and 3) Contributing to the growth and success of our incredible event venues. There is nothing more rewarding than helping others create memories that will last a lifetime!

Brittany Burns
Brittany Burns
Event Venues Team Coordinator

Hi there! I am Brittany Burns! I am a graduate from Michigan State University where I received my Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Business with a focus in Event Planning. I began my professional career out of college with an amazing opportunity working in New York for the New York Yankees. Yes, I know, unpopular opinion but I do love baseball. I was able to kick start this passion of events in the city that never sleeps, and boy was it awesome. Once I moved back to the mitten, I started my journey on the Bedrock Event Team and I can’t believe it’s already been 2 years. I thoroughly enjoy planning events of all kinds but one of my favorites would be weddings. There’s just something about a bride and grooms’ big day that gets me so excited! When I am not assisting with your event you can catch me on the sidelines dancing as the Detroit Lions Cheerleader or coaching a high school dance team.

Lyn Gleasure
Lyn Gleasure
Senior Event Sales Manager

My ideal world would be one filled with rescue cats & dogs, lots of chocolate (especially if peanut butter is mixed in), and the ability to teleport myself to amazing destinations around the world. Throw in some spectacular corporate events and I’m the happiest gal in Detroit! I started managing events over 20 years ago at Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC while also teaching Event Management at Duke University. Along the way I earned my CMP and CPCE designations. One of my favorite events was working with the over 40 national political leaders on a multi-day conference. Talk about a lot of moving parts & endless security meetings! I’ve been back in my home state of Michigan for nearly 4 years and just love it. I am a co-founder of the Detroit Events Council and am active as a national committee member in NACE. In my spare time, I volunteer at the Detroit Zoo hanging out with the penguins and polar bears.

Event Theory
5.0 out of 5 rating , 3 Reviews
· Wedding Rentals
Event Source
4.9 out of 5 rating , 12 Reviews
· Wedding Rentals

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
1555 Broadway Street Detroit, MI, 48226
313-373-8720
Location of (Madison)

Other vendors in Detroit for your wedding

Wedding Venues