Union Ave, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130 Map · Phone number

About M. Davidson-Schapiro Photography

Wedding & portrait photography creating an inclusive space for you, your truth, & those you love.

You’re getting married.
Or you’re getting a new job.
Maybe you want to celebrate who you are and who you love, every day of the year.

But you want photos that showcase you, the true you, not some idea of who you should be.

Your family,
your love,
your body,
your life

Photographing the natural beauty of all your days

I’m a photographer who’s not satisfied just making beautiful images to send out into the world. You’ll get amazing photos with me every time, I promise. But my clients want more than just a pretty photo in a frame. Because they know they’re more than that.

The photography industry, weddings in particular, often showcases just one type of Pinterest-friendly person. I’m here to disrupt that idea and that practice, and make gorgeous photos that reflect not just the status quo. What drives me is meeting folks who are happy about the way they and their lives look, and also want great photos that correspond with who they are at their core.

I'm interested in working with all different kinds of couples, individuals, and families, and I'm totally LGBTQIA-friendly. I love to work with and for my local and queer communities. The relationships I've built with other queer families and with my neighbors here in Boston have been some of the best byproducts of the work I do.

I understand that finding vendors who you can trust, who are open, honest, and make you feel comfortable, is key to you looking your best in photos. Let me take some of the stress off your plate so you can focus on what really matters–your marriage, your family, your event, or whatever occasion you want to commemorate.

If you want photographs that are backed by a commitment to community and justice, photos that refuse to cave in to traditions that don’t hold meaning, and a photographer who cares about you as a complex person with intersecting identities, get in touch or find out more about how I work.

Follow M. Davidson-Schapiro Photography on

Ashfield MA wedding
mds 3693 51 492208 1557148095

6 Reviews for M. Davidson-Schapiro Photography

G · Married on 08/04/2019

An amazing photographer and person!

We are beyond excited to recommend Michelle for a photographer for any occasion! Michelle shot our engagement and wedding photos and we could not be happier. She made us feel totally comfortable and at ease during photos. As members of the LGBTQ community, my partner and I were nervous that our photographer would fall into stereotypical "bride" and "groom" poses and make us as a queer couple feel uncomfortable. Michelle connected with us and made us forget about all of our worries. She is a talented photographer who made our photography sessions feel natural. Not only did she manage photographing our wedding of 250 people, but she also expertly navigated directing our more difficult family members. If you're still looking for a photographer for your event - stop here! You've found her!

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • BLOOD

Briana · Married on 09/24/2016

Michelle was great to work with! She was willing to travel to us for both our engagement photos and our wedding. I recommend getting the engagement photos first, it allowed us to connect with Michelle as well as become more comfortable with getting our picture taken. Both our engagement and wedding photos came out AMAZING. We wanted to capture the sunset with our wedding photos and Michelle did exactly that. There isn't a photo we didn't love. Thank you Michelle!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Lisa · Married on 10/12/2014

Michelle's photos are always lovely, she's able to bring a lot of light into dark spaces, and my wife and I were really impressed by that qualitiy of her photos. We found her more than a year before our wedding date, and she was very accommodating even though we were planning our wedding from overseas and wouldn't even be in Boston until the week before the event. Michelle stayed in touch, and always had time to answer our questions over email.

We had to reschedule our engagement photoshoot due to some health-issues, and she was responsive and very flexible and willing to meet our needs. She was kind and made us feel relaxed, and we hardly noticed her presence at the wedding. Our photos are absolutely lovely, and she sent preliminary photos through very quickly the next day. We're very happy to have found her and are 100% pleased with our photos and our decision to choose her.

Thanks, Michelle!

Sent on 02/09/2017

M. Davidson-Schapiro Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,000.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,700.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs

• Union Ave Jamaica Plain, MA, 02130 See on map