Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Lutz Entertainment

Hudson Valley DJ and Acoustic Guitarist with a musician's ear for the right music at the right time!

Hudson Valley DJ Service with a focus on non-cheesy DJ entertainment! As a professional musician for over 30 years, Jimmy brings spirit, passion and a wealth of musical experience to your Hudson Valley Wedding, without the need for line dances and props. He spends a good deal of time beforehand getting to know you and your musical tastes so that you never have to worry about the wrong music being played on your special day. Like an artist with his palate, he loves to take your song requests and create a musical tapestry that you and your guests are sure to enjoy. Along with his deep love and feel for music, Jimmy knows how to ”read a crowd” and adapt to what they want to hear. He is also available to play acoustic guitar and sing for your cocktail hour and ceremony!

Complete our availability form today!

Categories: Wedding Musician, Wedding DJ

Guitar (3)
Vocals (3)
Instrumental-Solo (1)
Liability Insurance (1)

5/5 ALL THE WAY! Jimmy is the best in the biz. He is friendly and guides you through options and input when needed! He really understood exactly what we wanted, and multiple guests commented on how great the music was for every bit of our wedding. Jimmy is a one man show and very in demand, but you would never know it because he is always available and responsive. My father wanted to surprise me with a special song before our first dance, and coordinated the details with Jimmy ahead of time. Jimmy was more than happy to talk with him and plan out the surprise, and it went over so well!!

We are so thankful for him and what he did for us, we will never forget him!!

Emily and Vince

Profile Picture emily, 7/28/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Sound/PA System

Jimmy was such a pleasure to work with! Jimmy played the guitar during cocktail hour and was our DJ for our wedding reception. He took the time to meet with us, get to know us, and play some songs on his guitar for us before our wedding. He listened to us, wanted to know what we liked and what we wanted to incorporate, and gave us his professional opinions and feedback. Jimmy is so personable, fun, and attentive. He is easy to get a hold of, communicate with, and is flexible. Jimmy was just as excited for our wedding day as we were! He is truly a class act. Jimmy made our wedding a blast; we did not get off the dance floor thanks to him!!! THANK YOU, JIMMY!!!!

Profile Picture Joei, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Honestly, one of the best experiences through the wedding planning process and during the actual event, was Jimmy Lutz. I called Jimmy for a quick interview while my wife and I were scouting DJ's. That one initial phone call turned into a 2-hour conversation about music, life, and love. It was absolutely brilliant. I instantly knew that not only did we find our DJ, but we found a great human being. Jimmy was so in tune with us, and our desires. He has the broadest range of music knowledge I've ever witnessed and he knows how to read a crowd (not just play music)! If I could advise any future Bride and Groom that are thinking of using Lutz Entertainment, I would say to let Jimmy be free to do as he sees fit because he's so phenomenal at it. He read all my guests energies; the dancing never stopped. He knows how to mix in strange requests so that they don't seem like they are out of no where and clash with the vibe. I can't say this enough, I am still getting messages from everyone that came, saying it was the best music they've ever heard at a wedding. I promise you, talk to him about "wedding songs" how no band creates them intentionally, tell him the music you love... and let him work it all out. He's a genius.

Sincerely,

Photos & Videos

8 Photos

Hudson Valley Weddings

8 Photos
220x220 sq 1528214853 fb4213c140ab6346 1528214851 8c4d84b8057eee24 1528214835342 1 adffghjk
220x220 sq 1528214854 0c522c3b4dd4dee5 1528214852 d5bca3645c97da91 1528214835345 2 dfghjk
220x220 sq 1528214854 0a26bdc918dcd26b 1528214853 066b358f1af73cb1 1528214835346 3 dsfgh
220x220 sq 1528214854 0c93b37fc7b15e88 1528214853 bcde6da6b229201f 1528214835347 4 fghjj
220x220 sq 1528214855 7f221f5a537f3bb7 1528214853 010e0c30a844d7e9 1528214835348 5 fghkl
220x220 sq 1528214855 de14e2a1c3de35a4 1528214854 845d0d43d4a7cd66 1528214835349 6 ghjkj
220x220 sq 1528214856 b9215cc715ee3458 1528214854 afb862ee279f88fb 1528214835352 7 sfdghjk
220x220 sq 1398703957005 fullmoonresortcatskillsweddingmitchwojnarowiczphot

7 VIDEOS

14 ENDORSEMENTS
We love working with Jim. He is genuine and he does amazing work. His personality will win you over instantly!!! Amazing singer/guitar player...

Jimmy has been nothing short of fabulous to work with! I am a wedding photographer, and have worked with countless DJ's. Something that has always stood out working with Jimmy is that he is a musician. He loves what he does and the couples he works for, and that translates onto every dance floor. One of Jimmy's greatest talents is knowing how to use time. He doesn't always fill a lull in dancing activity with crazy music if the mood doesn't allow for it. He builds up to those moments strategically, and reads how his crowd is feeling. So when the crowd is moving they're really moving!! They feel the music he plays! It's refreshing to work with a DJ who knows how to respond to people's needs.

We have had the pleasure of working with Lutz Entertainment many times. Jimmy Lutz is fantastic DJ and we would highly recommend using his services. He never makes the party about him. It is always about the bride and groom and their guests, which is really important to some people. On top of him showing the bride and groom a good time, he is so easy to work with. When we need to coordinate timing for the night, he is always ready pen in hand to go through everything. If timing goes astray, he goes with it. We really love working with Lutz Entertainment!

My name is Steven Planck and I'm 36 years old. As a <a href="http://www.blueskyphotographyny.com" target="_blank" >New York, Hudson Valley Wedding Photographer</a> with over ten years of professional experience, having personally photographed over 700 weddings, I'm proud to say that I support and endorse Lutz Entertainment and firmly believe that Jimmy is one the Hudson Valley's premiere entertainment professionals. He is a must see.

65 PROS I KNOW