107 Reviews for Lutz Entertainment

Vocals (3)
Instrumental-Solo (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
107 Lutz Entertainment Reviews

Jimmy was such a pleasure to work with! Jimmy played the guitar during cocktail hour and was our DJ for our wedding reception. He took the time to meet with us, get to know us, and play some songs on his guitar for us before our wedding. He listened to us, wanted to know what we liked and what we wanted to incorporate, and gave us his professional opinions and feedback. Jimmy is so personable, fun, and attentive. He is easy to get a hold of, communicate with, and is flexible. Jimmy was just as excited for our wedding day as we were! He is truly a class act. Jimmy made our wedding a blast; we did not get off the dance floor thanks to him!!! THANK YOU, JIMMY!!!!

Profile Picture Joei, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Honestly, one of the best experiences through the wedding planning process and during the actual event, was Jimmy Lutz. I called Jimmy for a quick interview while my wife and I were scouting DJ's. That one initial phone call turned into a 2-hour conversation about music, life, and love. It was absolutely brilliant. I instantly knew that not only did we find our DJ, but we found a great human being. Jimmy was so in tune with us, and our desires. He has the broadest range of music knowledge I've ever witnessed and he knows how to read a crowd (not just play music)! If I could advise any future Bride and Groom that are thinking of using Lutz Entertainment, I would say to let Jimmy be free to do as he sees fit because he's so phenomenal at it. He read all my guests energies; the dancing never stopped. He knows how to mix in strange requests so that they don't seem like they are out of no where and clash with the vibe. I can't say this enough, I am still getting messages from everyone that came, saying it was the best music they've ever heard at a wedding. I promise you, talk to him about "wedding songs" how no band creates them intentionally, tell him the music you love... and let him work it all out. He's a genius.

Sincerely,
Daniel and Nataliya Egbert

Profile Picture Daniel, 5/26/18, 1 Review
1.0

Horrible!!! I hired him to Dj my daughter ' s wedding on April 7,2018. He had absolutely no clue how to play music for everyone! Had to speak to him several times. Everyone complained all night! He had a very bad attitude about it . He played absolutely bnibsliw dances. Barely opened his mouth! Do not hire!

Profile Picture Christine, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jimmy was great at accommodating everything we wanted the day of our wedding!!! He also took a lot of time to make sure we really chose the perfect songs for us! I also loved that he was able to play the acoustic guitar during the cocktail hour :)

Profile Picture Cassandra , 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Jimmy was so great! He really worked with us to get a sense of the style of music that we wanted for our wedding and offered suggestions when we were unsure. He was always very responsive during planning, sounded great acoustically during cocktail hour, and kept the reception lively, upbeat, and dancing!! My guests loved him and he really helped to make it the BEST day for us. I would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Jimmy was down to earth and personable during our meeting. He was very accommodating to my husband and I on our special day! We highly recommend Lutz Entertainment!

Profile Picture Becky, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jimmy was amazing, we asked him to play only 80's music and he totally killed it!.
He really knew his stuff and played the best selections for each part of the weeding.
He was very professional, friendly and fun. We totally recommend him.

Profile Picture Pablo, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Jimmy is a phenomenal DJ!!! He was so thorough during the planning process, taking note of songs and genres that we liked and disliked. He really listens to everything you say, gives great advice, and ultimately chooses music that you want, not just what's popular. He helped us finalize our ceremony music and made sure every single song we picked for the ceremony was perfect. He played guitar and sang during the cocktail hour. It created the perfect ambiance and SO many guests told me how much they enjoyed that. For the reception, we wanted a variety of music that reflected our tastes and that all of our guests would enjoy, and the day of the wedding Jimmy totally nailed it. He helped me choose a song to play in memory of my godmother, and it was absolutely perfect. The dance floor was full of family celebrating her life - a moment I will never forget. The music set the mood for each and every part of our wedding day, and I can't tell you how many guests complimented the music after the wedding. Jimmy is knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and talented and I absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing DJ.

Profile Picture Mary, 6/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

If you want a DJ that will pay attention to your musical tastes and your goals for the wedding, pick Jimmy! He is attentive, creative, and will work with you to achieve your goal for the reception. We wanted everyone to dance and have fun, and Jimmy delivered exceptionally! The guests and bartenders had fun and were dancing all night!

Profile Picture Ross, 11/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Was great! Would totally recommend!

Profile Picture User5205174, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Jimmy DJ’d our wedding reception this past summer and it was an absolute blast. People were up dancing the entire time, and so many people commented on how fun the music was to dance to and how enjoyable the music was in terms of sound level (people were still able to talk when the wanted to, and no one left with ear damage :)). Jimmy was able to take just a few ideas from us about the kind of music we like, and create the best party we’ve ever been to. He was also super respectful in avoiding music that we didn’t want. Thank you, Jimmy! You were awesome!

Profile Picture User6729020, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We met with Jimmy multiple times before, to practice and make sure he knew exactly what we wanted. We used him during our cocktail hour to play acoustic guitar. Our guests loved him, and he really brought something special to our day!

Profile Picture User4628237, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Guitar, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Vocals

Music was a very important aspect of our wedding and from the first meeting with Jimmy, we had a strong sense that he “got” us. We wanted to have a sound that incorporated alternative, rock, and folk, but was still familiar and exciting for our friends and family. We worked with Jimmy to plan out what types of music we wanted to play during each part of the wedding. At the wedding, Jimmy created a flawless playlist based on our tastes that was perfect from the ceremony through the end of the evening. Jimmy also did the sound setup for our ceremony and cocktail hour, which were perfect. Through the day, he worked with Annalise of Lola’s Cafe to MC our wedding and helped keep everything running smoothly.

Profile Picture Brittany, 6/25/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Microphones, Reception, Sound/PA System

Planning our music was probably the most fun we had during the wedding planning! We had Jimmy sing and play acoustic guitar during our ceremony, and DJ for the reception. He really put us at ease, and was a perfectionist about making sure our ceremony music and reception intro/first dance songs started and ended in the best possible places. He was even kind enough during the reception to grab his guitar and play a song my mother in law requested that she did not get to hear during our ceremony, even though his equipment had been packed up by then. He also gave special recognition to two friends during the anniversary song, as they happen to share our wedding date and coincidentally had Jimmy DJ for their wedding a few years ago. Jimmy is not your typical "obnoxious" DJ - he cares about what he does, and being both a musician and a DJ makes him very unique. Pick him and you will be in very capable hands!

Profile Picture Jillian, 6/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Microphones, Reception, Sound/PA System, Vocals, Guitar

Jimmy Lutz is definitely the greatest DJ in the Hudson Valley. After taking the time to get to know our musical personalities and preferences, he was able to guide us to finding the perfect songs for ceremony, entrances, dances – it was such a relief! There were so many details that we had not even thought of that he brought up and made sure we didn’t forget. Jimmy did our ceremony music at the church and was at the venue, set up to play acoustic guitar by the time we got there. We loved having the acoustic for cocktail hour – it was such a nice way to start out the day. The music selection was perfect and Jimmy had us dancing the whole day away and helped make it the greatest day. We are beyond grateful for his help in preparing for the day and in keeping everything running on the day so we could relax and enjoy!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/5/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Guitar, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Microphones, Reception, Sound/PA System, Vocals

Book Jimmy immediately! He is the kindest, sweetest, most thoughtful person and truly cares about you and the music at your wedding. He sat down with my husband and I several times and helped us figure out just the right songs for each part of our wedding/reception - and we had was SO much fun in the process!!! Even when we had problems finding a first dance song, I reached out to Jimmy, and he was so kind to put together a document with all the first dance songs of his couples for us to review - and he bolded the songs that he liked the most.

For our cocktail hour, Jimmy played his guitar, and it added just the right touch of fun during that time. We got several comments about how wonderful it was.

During the reception, our guests were on the dance floor all night long and the music was so fun. Jimmy doesn't play the same songs other DJs plays - he chooses the songs and keeps the guests guessing all night long. He also threw in all our special requests and made sure we were aware whenever he did something special.

I can't recommend Jimmy more. He simply is the best!

Profile Picture Leigh, 10/24/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jimmy is a saint! 2 weeks out and our family friend DJ fell through. In this scarily narrow timeline, we expected to get some kid who happened to have a table and a nice laptop. Enter Jimmy. I have been to a lot of weddings, but Jimmy is awesome at his job! He blew us away with his organization and professionalism. We knew from our initial phone call that we'd have a great day and that all would be well. Jimmy was very accommodating and supportive of our very peculiar playlist requests that featured everything from weird French pop to traditional Serbian folk music! All the guests were on the floor from the minute they finished eating and they stayed up until they could no longer stand! Most importantly he did an excellent job of communicating with my wife and I all evening, making sure to play our favorites within the timeline limitations. His setup was very professional looking and the uplighting looked fantastic! We cannot thank him enough, he is such a warm person, and helped to make our day perfect from the initial procession to the very last dance.

Profile Picture Danny, 9/18/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Liability Insurance, Microphones, Reception, Sound/PA System

Jimmy was the only DJ I could see that could make our day perfect. His attention to detail and how he took his time with helping us select music for both the ceremony which he did all acoustic plus an extra hour of acoustic for cocktail hour plus all the amazing dance music we were beyond ecstatic!

Profile Picture Natasha, 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Lutz Entertainment was fantastic. He really spent they time to get to know us as a couple and incorporated that throughout the day. All our friends and family who came from near and far had a great time and really enjoyed the mix of music he played through out the event.

Profile Picture Laura , 8/29/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Jimmy was wonderful to work with! He always answered me right away when I had a question and helped us create a wonderful atmosphere for our wedding. He was excellent to work with and would recommend him to all!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Jimmy Lutz is not your run of the mill wedding DJ which is why we chose him. He tailored the music to our style and was very knowledgeable on many genres of music. We received several compliments throughout the wedding from guests about our choice of DJ. We would recommend him to anyone planning a special event. He was helpful and accommodating. He was able to get people onto the dance floor that we have never seen dance before.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 8/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

My husband and I got married this past July, and we are so happy that we used Jimmy as both our DJ for the ceremony and reception, and for performing live during our cocktail hour. From our first meeting, he made us feel very comfortable and he was always incredibly responsive to emails. We met with him twice and he was very attentive to detail. From the music played before the ceremony to the last song he worked with us to plan out the flow of the whole night and to pick just the right songs. He was able to work all of our requests into the night and he did a great job of keeping us on our timeline the day of as well. We also had so many guests compliment us on his singing and guitar during cocktail hour! Most people didn’t realize it was Jimmy doing both the live performance and working the DJ booth all night. It was a great way to break up the night with something different, and adding live music was a really fun way to make the night more special. Jimmy did a great job during the reception matching the energy of the room and picking songs to keep the dance floor packed all night! We wanted songs that would keep our guests moving, and Jimmy definitely delivered! If you are looking for a personable, professional, and talented DJ or live performer, Jimmy is a steal.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/25/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Jimmy was great, worked with us along the entire way, was low key but not over the top. Because he is an actual musician he has a great taste and appreciation for all kinds of music, which made our event extra special because he went through and actually planned the songs to be played during the ceremony and cocktail hour, making sure each song complimented each other and us. He also played an acoustic guitar and sang during our cocktail hour, and all of our guests were raving about how great he was. He is highly professional, I would definitely use him again and would recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing event.

Profile Picture Nick, 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Jimmy was everything we could have hoped for in a DJ for our wedding! We had a small, low-key wedding with no bridal party and no traditional add-ons (bouquet toss, father/daughter dance, etc.). We just wanted good music and a good time. We met with him a few times over Skype and knew that he would be perfect. We gave him some suggestions for music just so he could get a feel for our style and told him to just go with whatever he wanted. And did he ever!! He has an amazing feel for a room and knows how to ramp the party up as well as calm it down, like when it was time for dinner. We had a very diverse group so we told him not to be shy about the classics and to mix in whatever he felt would keep the party going. The dance floor was packed for our entire reception and even my dad, tie-loosened, called Jimmy "out of this world". In fact, many of our guests kept telling us over and over all evening how great he was. He also played guitar and sang for cocktail hour and it was such a great touch. From the beginning of the ceremony until the last dance, Jimmy was a total pro and created the most amazing atmosphere for our wedding. I couldn't recommend him more highly.

Profile Picture E, 6/29/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Everyone raved about the music. Couldn't be more pleased with the way Jimmy handled my wedding. He played every song I wanted and everyone was able to make some great requests. Absolute professional and really great guy. I saw family and friends on the dance floor I thought I'd never see. Awesome time!

Profile Picture Donald, 6/26/15, 2 Reviews