Lutz Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Sheri
    Sheri A. Married on 10/23/2021

Jimmy Lutz - Amazing DJ!!!

My Husband and I could not be more thrilled to have had Jimmy at our wedding! Not only did Jimmy deliver and keep everyone on the dance floor the whole night he was so enjoyable and friendly to work with! The whole experience was truly customized to our taste and style. Jimmy was so warm during our listening party and really let us share a bit of ourselves through our musical tastes. We worked together on every detail and we even found a way to infuse some songs into the night to honor my late mother in a celebratory way. His ability to handle something delicate like that so gracefully is something that I am forever grateful for. It's very clear this man loves his job and just wants to see everyone happy and celebrating. Our guests are still raving about our wedding and had such a blast on the dance floor! 10/10 would recommend. Best DJ, could not have gone better. Forever a Jimmy Lutz fan.
  • Elaina
    Elaina Married on 10/10/2020

Fantastic all around

Jimmy was amazing to work with from the first inquiry email to the big day! We used his amazing acoustic skills for cocktail hour which was such a hit with our guests and he did a fantastic job during the reception. With COVID, we were worried about making sure our family and friends had a good time while still being safe. Jimmy was easy to work with due to all the changes we had to make and read the room perfectly to ensure our guests had a great time. He was professional, fun and overall a great guy! Jimmy was also great about helping us select the perfect songs even though going in we were very indecisive! I would definitely recommend him!
  • Kelly
    Kelly M. Married on 09/19/2020

Spectacular DJ!

We originally hired Jimmy for a 110 person wedding, and ending up with an 18 person wedding. That being said, he was a pro at reading the room, and getting the vibe exactly right. We gave him a short list of our favorite bands/musicians and he wove their songs in throughout the night. Some of the songs were such deep cuts, I was surprised and delighted when he played them! Like a skilled mindreader! He also played the acoustic version of Here Comes the Sun (the Beatles) for my walk down the aisle and it was absolutely perfect. A moment I'll cherish forever.
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen Married on 08/15/2020

Fun times!

Jimmy was a great DJ who responded to our musical taste and kept the party going. He is also a talented guitarist and singer. He did a live performance for our cocktail hour. Guests loved the ambiance he created. Thanks so much Jimmy !
    Mehan Married on 07/23/2020

Acoustic cocktail hour & Dancing all night to classics

My husband and I were fortunate enough to have worked with Jimmy Lutz for our wedding! Jimmy made himself available to answer questions and we were able to meet in person twice before the wedding. He is professional, patient and talented. I joked with Jimmy that my husband I are old souls and liked older music that our parents grew up on. I could tell from Jimmy's website that his taste in music was right up our alley. Steve and I wanted our night filled with classic rock and classic songs that all our guests could dance to. Jimmy could read the crowd and kept them dancing all night. Jimmy is also a very talented musician himself and sung classics like the Beatles, Elton John at our cocktail hour. This acoustic cocktail hour was unique and our guests loved it. The highlight of the night was when I asked Jimmy if my brother could perform karaoke of LA Woman. Jimmy didn't hesitate and provided my brother a microphone. Jimmy helped make our wedding night one we would never forget and we can't thank him enough.
  • William
    William W. Married on 12/10/2019

Fantastic Experience

Jimmy was amazing. His live music that accompanied the ceremony was fantastic and enhanced the experience. Throughout the reception, Jimmy had a great selection of music that stimulated many to be on the dance floor as well as great listening during the meal. Highly recommend Jimmy Lutz. Great value for the cost and much more in tune than other entertainment companies that were interviewed.
    Lauren N. Married on 11/30/2019

Small wedding, big party!

This is the third wedding Jimmy has done for our family (with the fourth upcoming in September) and, once again, Jimmy rocked it. My wedding was planned quickly and was a small, more intimate event.

First, he provided music for the ceremony which went flawlessly. We didn't have a formal cocktail hour, but he played a lovely mix of easy listening from the end of the ceremony leading into dinner.

Because the venue was a was small and we had maybe 70 guests total, I was concerned that there wouldn't be a big dancing crowd. Although that's what I wanted, I knew that a realistic expectation would be that maybe a few people would get out there. WRONG! I was SO thrilled that Jimmy was able to work his magic and get everyone having an amazing time.

Jimmy is thorough, professional, organized, and incredibly knowledgeable. I owe much of the success and low level of stress to him on my wedding day. Thank you Lutz Entertainment!!
    Maeve E. Married on 10/05/2019

Highly Recommend!

My husband and I are so glad that we chose to work with Jimmy! Though we weren't able to meet in person before the wedding day, I spoke with Jimmy on the phone before we hired him and he answered all of my questions, as well as recommended that we have a "listening date" where we spend time together selecting music for the wedding. This was such a sweet and important idea and helped us slow down a little during the busy planning stages.

Prior to the day, we skyped with Jimmy and reviewed all of our song choices, what time to start the song on and what time to end it, as well as described our music tastes to him. Jimmy was very open to our suggestions, and got a good sense of our eclectic taste very quickly. He was open to downloading music that he did not already have, and incorporated all of the songs we requested. When a song request came in that he was not sure that I would approve (I had asked for no slow songs but someone requested Sinatra), he checked with me before playing it and it turned out to be a big hit! He read the room and kept people dancing all night.

One of the things that Jimmy said during our first conversation that really sold me was that he "lets the music speak for itself." He worked with my cousin who emcee'd the wedding, and was willing to make announcements, but was very much in the background, letting the music take center stage. As a music lover, I really appreciate this and think that he did his job perfectly.
  • Katie
    Katie V. Married on 06/07/2019

Dance all night long!

We loved Lutz! We chose him on the recommendation of a friend, and we would pass along that recommendation in a heartbeat. When we Skyped before the wedding, we could tell right away that Lutz is passionate about what he does. He knows music, and he knows people; this combination helps him adapt to couples of all stripes. Lutz was eager to hear our vision and preferences, and he matched them perfectly. He set the perfect tone for our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and (most importantly!) dancing! Lutz knows how to draw guests to the dance floor, and keep them there! Our dance floor was teeming with energy and fun the whole night. Whether you know a lot about the music you want or you’re seeking the expertise of an experienced guide, Lutz can help you throw the party you want!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra C. Married on 05/26/2019

Even more than we expected - OUTSTANDING!

I'm truthfully not even sure where to start with Jim & Lutz Entertainment. We were looking for a non-cheesy DJ with a true passion for music, and thats exactly what we got with Jim. For one, the meeting process was very laid back and low pressure, which is what we were looking for, especially with so many other things going on. As soon as we started explaining our musical tastes at our first meeting (my husband and I have very different interests musically), Jim gave suggestions that were seamless to our initial playlist ideas; providing things we didn't even think of! He's so much more than "just a DJ". He helped us to plan from before the ceremony, all the way through the reception. Even right down to the day of, he kept everything moving smoothly, even helping me to relax when rain was suddenly in the forecast! He was truly an asset to our team, working well with the other vendors and keeping our wants and needs at the forefront of the night. We didn't want any requests (unless they were a good fit into what was already playing, fully trusting Jim with the decision) and he did a great job of honoring that, without being abrasive to our guests. If we could recommend Lutz Entertainment 1000x over, we would. If you are looking for a super knowledgable, friendly guy who provides exceptional entertainment keeping your guests talking about how much fun they had at your wedding, look no further! Jimmy is your guy and we can't thank him enough for everything!
    Lauren Married on 12/31/2018

Jimmy was the best!

Jimmy Lutz kept the party going all night long! When we first met with Jimmy and told him we were having a New Year’s Eve wedding his eyes lit up! He helped us plan the ceremony perfectly, followed by an acoustic set for cocktail hour, which really set the tone for the night. Everyone was pumped up and ready to have a great time! He kept the night moving smoothly, only making brief announcements for cake and parent dances. The dance floor was never empty, which is exactly what we asked for! We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ!
    Emily Married on 07/28/2018
    5/5 ALL THE WAY! Jimmy is the best in the biz. He is friendly and guides you through options and input when needed! He really understood exactly what we wanted, and multiple guests commented on how great the music was for every bit of our wedding. Jimmy is a one man show and very in demand, but you would never know it because he is always available and responsive. My father wanted to surprise me with a special song before our first dance, and coordinated the details with Jimmy ahead of time. Jimmy was more than happy to talk with him and plan out the surprise, and it went over so well!!

We are so thankful for him and what he did for us, we will never forget him!!

Emily and Vince
  • Joei
    Joei Married on 06/09/2018
    Jimmy was such a pleasure to work with! Jimmy played the guitar during cocktail hour and was our DJ for our wedding reception. He took the time to meet with us, get to know us, and play some songs on his guitar for us before our wedding. He listened to us, wanted to know what we liked and what we wanted to incorporate, and gave us his professional opinions and feedback. Jimmy is so personable, fun, and attentive. He is easy to get a hold of, communicate with, and is flexible. Jimmy was just as excited for our wedding day as we were! He is truly a class act. Jimmy made our wedding a blast; we did not get off the dance floor thanks to him!!! THANK YOU, JIMMY!!!!
    Daniel Married on 05/26/2018
    Honestly, one of the best experiences through the wedding planning process and during the actual event, was Jimmy Lutz. I called Jimmy for a quick interview while my wife and I were scouting DJ's. That one initial phone call turned into a 2-hour conversation about music, life, and love. It was absolutely brilliant. I instantly knew that not only did we find our DJ, but we found a great human being. Jimmy was so in tune with us, and our desires. He has the broadest range of music knowledge I've ever witnessed and he knows how to read a crowd (not just play music)! If I could advise any future Bride and Groom that are thinking of using Lutz Entertainment, I would say to let Jimmy be free to do as he sees fit because he's so phenomenal at it. He read all my guests energies; the dancing never stopped. He knows how to mix in strange requests so that they don't seem like they are out of no where and clash with the vibe. I can't say this enough, I am still getting messages from everyone that came, saying it was the best music they've ever heard at a wedding. I promise you, talk to him about "wedding songs" how no band creates them intentionally, tell him the music you love... and let him work it all out. He's a genius.

Sincerely,
    Daniel and Nataliya Egbert
    Cassandra Married on 11/11/2017
    Jimmy was great at accommodating everything we wanted the day of our wedding!!! He also took a lot of time to make sure we really chose the perfect songs for us! I also loved that he was able to play the acoustic guitar during the cocktail hour :)
    Erin Married on 10/07/2017
    Jimmy was so great! He really worked with us to get a sense of the style of music that we wanted for our wedding and offered suggestions when we were unsure. He was always very responsive during planning, sounded great acoustically during cocktail hour, and kept the reception lively, upbeat, and dancing!! My guests loved him and he really helped to make it the BEST day for us. I would highly recommend!
    Becky Married on 08/05/2017
    Jimmy was down to earth and personable during our meeting. He was very accommodating to my husband and I on our special day! We highly recommend Lutz Entertainment!
    Pablo Married on 07/22/2017
    Jimmy was amazing, we asked him to play only 80's music and he totally killed it!.
    He really knew his stuff and played the best selections for each part of the weeding.
    He was very professional, friendly and fun. We totally recommend him.

Mary Married on 06/22/2017
    Jimmy is a phenomenal DJ!!! He was so thorough during the planning process, taking note of songs and genres that we liked and disliked. He really listens to everything you say, gives great advice, and ultimately chooses music that you want, not just what's popular. He helped us finalize our ceremony music and made sure every single song we picked for the ceremony was perfect. He played guitar and sang during the cocktail hour. It created the perfect ambiance and SO many guests told me how much they enjoyed that. For the reception, we wanted a variety of music that reflected our tastes and that all of our guests would enjoy, and the day of the wedding Jimmy totally nailed it. He helped me choose a song to play in memory of my godmother, and it was absolutely perfect. The dance floor was full of family celebrating her life - a moment I will never forget. The music set the mood for each and every part of our wedding day, and I can't tell you how many guests complimented the music after the wedding. Jimmy is knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and talented and I absolutely recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing DJ.
    Ross Married on 11/12/2016
    If you want a DJ that will pay attention to your musical tastes and your goals for the wedding, pick Jimmy! He is attentive, creative, and will work with you to achieve your goal for the reception. We wanted everyone to dance and have fun, and Jimmy delivered exceptionally! The guests and bartenders had fun and were dancing all night!
  • User2965007 2+ years ago
    Jimmy DJ’d our wedding reception this past summer and it was an absolute blast. People were up dancing the entire time, and so many people commented on how fun the music was to dance to and how enjoyable the music was in terms of sound level (people were still able to talk when the wanted to, and no one left with ear damage :)). Jimmy was able to take just a few ideas from us about the kind of music we like, and create the best party we’ve ever been to. He was also super respectful in avoiding music that we didn’t want. Thank you, Jimmy! You were awesome!
    Kim Married on 07/03/2016
    We met with Jimmy multiple times before, to practice and make sure he knew exactly what we wanted. We used him during our cocktail hour to play acoustic guitar. Our guests loved him, and he really brought something special to our day!
  • Brittany
    Brittany Married on 06/25/2016
    Music was a very important aspect of our wedding and from the first meeting with Jimmy, we had a strong sense that he “got” us. We wanted to have a sound that incorporated alternative, rock, and folk, but was still familiar and exciting for our friends and family. We worked with Jimmy to plan out what types of music we wanted to play during each part of the wedding. At the wedding, Jimmy created a flawless playlist based on our tastes that was perfect from the ceremony through the end of the evening. Jimmy also did the sound setup for our ceremony and cocktail hour, which were perfect. Through the day, he worked with Annalise of Lola’s Cafe to MC our wedding and helped keep everything running smoothly.
    Emily Married on 06/05/2016
    Jimmy Lutz is definitely the greatest DJ in the Hudson Valley. After taking the time to get to know our musical personalities and preferences, he was able to guide us to finding the perfect songs for ceremony, entrances, dances – it was such a relief! There were so many details that we had not even thought of that he brought up and made sure we didn’t forget. Jimmy did our ceremony music at the church and was at the venue, set up to play acoustic guitar by the time we got there. We loved having the acoustic for cocktail hour – it was such a nice way to start out the day. The music selection was perfect and Jimmy had us dancing the whole day away and helped make it the greatest day. We are beyond grateful for his help in preparing for the day and in keeping everything running on the day so we could relax and enjoy!
    Leigh Married on 10/24/2015
    Book Jimmy immediately! He is the kindest, sweetest, most thoughtful person and truly cares about you and the music at your wedding. He sat down with my husband and I several times and helped us figure out just the right songs for each part of our wedding/reception - and we had was SO much fun in the process!!! Even when we had problems finding a first dance song, I reached out to Jimmy, and he was so kind to put together a document with all the first dance songs of his couples for us to review - and he bolded the songs that he liked the most.

For our cocktail hour, Jimmy played his guitar, and it added just the right touch of fun during that time. We got several comments about how wonderful it was.

During the reception, our guests were on the dance floor all night long and the music was so fun. Jimmy doesn't play the same songs other DJs plays - he chooses the songs and keeps the guests guessing all night long. He also threw in all our special requests and made sure we were aware whenever he did something special.

I can't recommend Jimmy more. He simply is the best!