Lord Thompson Manor

Thompson, CT View map Visit website
Up to 250 guests

Up to 250 guests

Lord Thompson Manor Specializes in the "Weekend Wedding" concept, whereby we host the Rehearsal Dinner and late night gathering on Friday. Followed by Saturday events that include; Spa treatments at our private Spa, Lawn Games, Ceremony, Wedding Reception, and After Party. To conclude the weekend wedding, a Farewell Breakfast or Brunch on Sunday, and this entire Weekend Wedding experience is all part of your unique and exclusive stay here.

We are centrally located in Northeast Connecticut which is only 1 hour from Boston, Providence, and Hartford and approximately 3 1/2 hours from Manhattan.

Lord Thompson Manor is particularly distinguished among wedding facilities. This establishments’ highly-trained professional staff, work around the clock in order to create a lasting three-day experience for the guest’s. From elaborate floral arrangements, to exquisite cakes, and candlelit décor, each element of the “Wedding Weekend” concept is uniquely tailored to the Bride’s & Groom’s particular needs. In addition to providing a diverse variety of gourmet menu options, prepared from scratch and cooked fresh on the premises by our James Beard Foundation Celebrated Chefs, Lord Thompson Manor also provides full wedding coordination services, that include Developing, Managing, and executing the weekend plans on behalf of the Bride & Groom. This Manor also culminates a list of elite New England Musicians and Bands, Photographers and Videographers, Florists, Cake Bakers, and Limousine Services, to help in creating a weekend unlike any other.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$4,750

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$1,500

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Historic Building
Inn/B&B
Mansion

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Cake
Event Planner
Event Rentals
Lighting / Sound

What event items are available?

Chairs

What food and beverage items are available?

Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Shuttle

Debbie T. Married on 10/31/2020

Amazing experience

As I come down from the high of my daughter’s most perfect wedding this past weekend, I had to share our experience with Lord Thompson Manor. I hesitate to even refer to LTM as a “venue” because the mansion, The Cottage and the Watson Inn truly become your home for the weekend.
    As if 2020 hadn’t dealt us enough already, the 2 days before the wedding brought a few more major curveballs. As last minute changes seemed devastating at the time, with each new obstacle Jackie and Janice became the surrogate moms to my daughter – a shoulder to cry on, bringing her dinner and making sure she ate, homemade cookies…again, this is before the wedding weekend even began!
    Janice and Jackie – I know you will forever hold a very special place in my daughter’s heart.
    Ted - some sort of wedding/host/jack of all trades superpower…I saw him shoveling snow, stoking the fires, meticulously serving the wedding dinner to my family and I’m sure a million other things I didn’t see as he tended to the groom and groomsmen at the Manor all weekend.
    Chef Mike – the food was amazing. From the barbecue themed rehearsal dinner and its desserts to the wedding dinner, the passed hor d’oeuvres, the Sunday brunch. “Throwing together” some lunch for family just arriving on Friday and getting ready with the girls at The Cottage, where every time I turned around someone was offering me coffee, tea, fruit, veggies.
    Jackie -my girlfriend is a florist and in all the weddings and events she’s done over the years, she couldn’t believe how gorgeous the flowers and how creative their arrangements were.
    The attention to detail and the level of customer service at LTM went above and beyond anything I’ve ever experienced. With owners and a staff that become as invested in your wedding as you are, this is not your typical 5 hour reception with a “wedding coordinator”. This is a weekend event, an experience your guests will talk about for a long time and a group of people that turned every vision of the bride and groom into a reality.
  • Jess
    Jess Married on 10/24/2020

Perfection!

Beautiful venue, friendly staff, and they out together our dream wedding!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

105 photos · 10/31/2020
  • Stephanie & Judd
    24 photos · 07/25/2020

ArtImage by Sam Chinigo ArtImage by Sam Chinigo Wedding Photographers

I love Lord Thompson Manor so much..I got married there myself! I am a wedding photographer and seriously folks, Jackie & her staff are playing on a whole different level when it comes to wedding day details. I've seen everything, photographed everywhere. They are second to NONE. You will never want to leave the place.

Moon River Rituals Moon River Rituals Wedding Officiants

At The Lord Thompson Manor, the staff, the service, the setting itself all work in harmony to create the kind of wedding couples dream of. I had the honor to officiate for a couple married there last year and will officiate again for another couple soon. As delighted as I am, I can just imagine how thrilled couples are to know they can trust the details of their special day to the owners of such a competent and caring venue.

Route 200 Thompson, 06277
Location of (Lord Thompson Manor)
Route 200 Thompson, CT, 06277

Other vendors in Hartford for your wedding

Wedding Venues