754 First Street, La Salle, IL 61301 Map · Phone number

About Lock 16 Visitor Center and I&M Canal Boat

Say your vows on the deck of the vintage I&M Canal Boat in La Salle, IL. Surrounded by colorful woods, the I&M Canal at Lock 14 is the perfect outdoor setting for spring, summer and fall weddings!

Located just around the corner from the boat is Lock 16 Center, the spacious, 19th century building that serves as a full-service cafe, coffee bar and visitor center for the La Salle Canal Boat. Lock 16 can accomodate up to 90 in our delightful dining area.

Relax and share your special day with friends and family in comfort as our staff, period dressed boat crew and friendly canal mules transport you to a simpler time. The canal boat can remain stationary during the service, or a boat tour can be arranged to make your special day truly unforgettable!

Follow Lock 16 Visitor Center and I&M Canal Boat on

Wedding ceremony
dsc0517

2 Reviews for Lock 16 Visitor Center and I&M Canal Boat

Peter · Married on 05/25/2013

Our coordinator Julie with the Lock 16 Center and staff did an excellent job of making our day very special. The canal boat was something our guests and our kids loved. It was very memorable and we will be back to enjoy the canal boat and food at the Lock 16 Center again soon!

Sent on 02/18/2014

Ashley · Married on 06/24/2012

3.6
      2.5
      3.5
      3.5

The staff, especially the wait staff, was extremely friendly. I even lost my great aut's ring and every single one of them searched high and low for it. The food was wonderful and I was very pleased. However, the communication amongst the event planning staff left a lot to be desired. My groom, brother and the best man had to finish cleaning the boat the MORNING of our wedding, which put the groomsmen horribly behind schedule-wise. The boat itself is adorable and my guests loved the mule. The lock is very cute but certain things like having racks holding t-shirt bags behind our sign-in table did get overlooked. The venue itself is on the smaller side but if your wedding is 60 people or less, it'll work fine. The weather was so incrediby hot but we had sandalwood fans and mini icepacks for guests, which helped. However, if you are having a summer wedding and do not do something along those lines, your guests will be miserable if your ceremony is on the boat. If the weather's pretty, it'd be great. We had appetizers and a bar on the boat for the ride which followed the ceremony, which I highly recommend doing, because our guests loved it. It did rain a little but when they were able to, guests loved the boat ride because it was unique and the wildlife along the canal was a nice touch. You can play music on the boat but you can't really hear it upstairs unless you want the guests downstairs to go deaf. If you decide to use them, DEFINITELY get the mule to pull the boat. It's been a month since our wedding and people still tell me how neat it was. This venue would be better for a luncheon, shower or something along those lines but over all, I am happy we chose to get married on the boat -- headaches and all -- and use the lock for our reception.

Sent on 07/30/2012

Lock 16 Visitor Center and I&M Canal Boat FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 801.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 801.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 801.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, China, Clean Up, Event Planning, Flatware, Glassware, Lighting/Sound, Linens, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Cake Cutting, Dessert
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 14.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Champagne Toast, Premium Liquor
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 120
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 20
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 3
  • Describe your venue: Boat/Yacht, Historic Building, Restaurant
  • What event services do you offer? Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Dessert, Outside Cake
  • What bar services do you provide? Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Premium Liquor
  • What event items are available? Chairs, Lighting, Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available? China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season? April, May, June, July, August
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, October, November, December

• 754 First Street La Salle, 61301 See on map