Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Local Color Flowers

Flowers grown within 100 miles of Baltimore
Our Mission

Local Color Flowers is a Baltimore-based floral design business. We create personalized arrangements and bouquets from fresh, seasonal, and sustainable flowers cultivated by local specialty growers. We are committed to responsible use of resources, supporting the local economy and promoting neighboring farms. We provide our clients an environmentally and socially conscience alternative when purchasing flowers.

Our Vision

Local Color Flowers seeks to create and support a sustainable community; where people choose local products and services; where flower farms and farm families are thriving; where there is a diverse, strong local economy; and where people are connected to the living world around them.

About the Founder

Ellen Frost

My first experience working within local agriculture was a weekend job working at a Maryland farm and at Baltimore farmer’s markets several years ago. I soon became a Baltimore Master Gardener and moved from a farm stand to the plant clinic table at the markets. I loved teaching people about flowers and how to grow them in the city.

Spending time with market customers, I saw the great demand for fresh, local produce and the overwhelming support of local farmers. I recognized another opportunity to connect local farmers with customers by providing the additional value of floral design services. When I read Amy Stewart’s book, Flower Confidential, I was inspired to combine everything I learned on the farm and at the markets with my entrepreneurial spirit and open Local Color Flowers.

Categories: Wedding Florist

Aisle Decor (7)
Single Flowers (6)
Clean Up (3)
Chuppah Decor (2)

I had a wonderful experience working with Carling and the team at Local Color Flowers. We called a week before the wedding and Carling and team were friendly, responsive, helpful, and able to work within our tight deadline. They quoted us for a bridal bouquet, 3 bridesmaid bouquets and one boutonniere and even adjusted the quote to work within our budget as needed. For a reasonable charge, they promptly delivered the flowers to the site on the day of the wedding in beautiful glass vases filled with fresh water to keep the flowers looking their best.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Local Color Flowers was AMAZING to work with!! Their team was kind and efficient, and we always felt they had everything under control. We had a huge wedding (230 people, incl. 17 in the wedding party, separate ceremony/reception), and they aced every decoration correctly and BEAUTIFULLY! When we returned to the church after our honeymoon, the first thing everyone said was "THOSE FLOWERS WERE AMAZING!" I know the "unpredictability" of the in-season flowers might be tough, but Ellen knows her stuff - she aced all the colors and style I wanted, and even got us sunflowers, which I said I loved! It was a fun surprise element, but also so so personalized to us. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Beth, 8/11/18, 13 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages

My husband and I do not live in Baltimore, but we decided to have our wedding there because many of our closest friends live in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. We learned about Ellen and Local Color Flowers from a good friend in Baltimore. Neither of us had worked with a florist before, but Ellen made us extremely comfortable during the consultation. She asked just the right questions to help us determine what we wanted for our wedding, and she thoughtfully explained her unique and sustainable philosophy. She was thoroughly professional, and she was prompt and organized throughout the entire process. Ellen delivered the arrangements on our wedding day, and their bold delphiniums and zinnias took my breath away. She even went the extra mile to add peacock feathers from a local peacock farmer to each of the centerpieces, and that helped enhance our wedding's theme. Our guests also loved the flowers, and we received multiple compliments about them throughout the evening. Ellen is a true professional and a true artist, and I can't recommend her highly enough.

Profile Picture Joseph, 7/28/18, 1 Review

220x220 sq 1468282968992 26046961142f47881e35fz
220x220 sq 1468282972950 26051860736579a1e5e97z
220x220 sq 1468282984003 27894321762fbe2c4a8d2z

4 ENDORSEMENTS
Ellen creates gorgeous work with personal flair for all her clients. She's a beautiful person who creates beauty for others.

Ellen & her team at Local Color Flowers are always who I recommend first for wedding day flowers. I'm always so amazed at the arrangements & bouquets they create using all locally sourced flowers & greens. Anyone would agree, they know their florals!

You will not be disappointed working with Ellen and the team at Local Color Flowers! We love their ability to use local, in-season flowers to create beautiful and unique arrangements.

As a caterer that strives to be as environmentally minded and sustainable as possible, I know how much work is involved sourcing locally. It is a breath of fresh air to know that there is a florist in the marketplace that sources exclusively local flowers for her designs. Local Color Flowers' integrity and commitment to put in this extra work should be applauded and supported. When thinking of choosing a florist for any event, please consider this ethical, wonderful, and exciting design firm.

3100 Brentwood Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21218   See On Map