3100 Brentwood Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21218 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 2

About Local Color Flowers

Our Mission

Local Color Flowers is a Baltimore-based floral design business. We create personalized arrangements and bouquets from fresh, seasonal, and sustainable flowers cultivated by local specialty growers. We are committed to responsible use of resources, supporting the local economy and promoting neighboring farms. We provide our clients an environmentally and socially conscience alternative when purchasing flowers.

Our Vision

Local Color Flowers seeks to create and support a sustainable community; where people choose local products and services; where flower farms and farm families are thriving; where there is a diverse, strong local economy; and where people are connected to the living world around them.

About the Founder

Ellen Frost

My first experience working within local agriculture was a weekend job working at a Maryland farm and at Baltimore farmer’s markets several years ago. I soon became a Baltimore Master Gardener and moved from a farm stand to the plant clinic table at the markets. I loved teaching people about flowers and how to grow them in the city.

Spending time with market customers, I saw the great demand for fresh, local produce and the overwhelming support of local farmers. I recognized another opportunity to connect local farmers with customers by providing the additional value of floral design services. When I read Amy Stewart’s book, Flower Confidential, I was inspired to combine everything I learned on the farm and at the markets with my entrepreneurial spirit and open Local Color Flowers.

Follow Local Color Flowers on

Local Color Flowers 7
  • Christina

Christina Elder · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful Fall Wedding

One of our favorite vendors from our wedding! Ellen and her team are absolutely amazing and will create stunning floral centerpieces and bouquets for your wedding. Our wedding was November 3 and the selection of flowers were so lovely. The colors were vibrant and exactly what I had in mind for the season. Would 100% recommend if you are in the Baltimore (and beyond) region!

Local Color Flowers's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Christina! We're so happy that you enjoyed the beautiful local flowers that November in Baltimore has to offer!

Jessica · Married on 11/02/2018

Best Flowers Ever!

My wedding was 11/2/18! Ellen and her team at Local Color Flowers completely nailed my wedding flowers. The flowers brought so much color and character to my wedding. I love local flowers because other than a color palette, most of it is a huge surprise. It is SO exciting finally seeing the creations that Ellen and team Locoflo had put together. There were so many wild, whispy special details that I encouraged and they totally delivered. It made me feel like my wedding flowers were completely unique from any other wedding. I got compliments ALL night and was able to spread LoCoFlos amazing mission.

Local Color Flowers's reply:

Thank you Jessica! It was such a pleasure to design within your fun and playful wedding style! Thanks for letting us be part of your special day!
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 10/13/2018

Gorgeous, in-season, local!

Getting real flowers for our wedding ceremony was a must-have for us. And if they were going to be real, they were going to be locally-sourced, in-season, and heart-warmingly beautiful. Local Color delivered everything I could hope for. If you are going to be picky about specific flowers you want, this isn't the route to go, but if you give LoCoFlo a color palette and a style they will give you exactly the flowers you didn't even know you wanted. We had an unusual ceremony set-up where we wanted our floral arrangement to be on the floor in a circle around us, instead of an arch and Ellen said she hadn't done that before, but she would figure it out. She delivered perfectly - and made it in such a way that the pieces of the display could be moved and re-purposed for the dinner reception. To some extent, requests may be able to be accomodated; I asked for herbs (specifically rosemary) in our bouquets which they were able to do, and when I learned that they might have local cotton this season, I asked if we could get that in the bouquets & boutonnieres and I'm so glad they could! I'm drying some of my flowers to keep and the cotton is already prefect. Ellen delivered on time, her team was easy to communicate with, and we loved the end result.

Local Color Flowers 8

Dear Caroline,
    We absolutely loved designing flowers for your wedding! The ceremony ring was such a fun challenge, and we're so thrilled that you loved the result! Thank you for choosing to make local flowers part of your wedding vision!

Local Color Flowers FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet? $ 200.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet? $ 125.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere? $ 25.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 80.00
  • What is the average price for an elevated table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 400.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services? Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up
  • How would you describe your floral designs? Classic, Eclectic, Romantic, Rustic, Vintage
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up
  • What types of arrangements do you provide? Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Centerpieces, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Single Flowers

Real Weddings

• Jocelyn Mathewes Imagemaker
    Jocelyn Mathewes Imagemaker Wedding Photographers

Ellen creates gorgeous work with personal flair for all her clients. She's a beautiful person who creates beauty for others.

• Corradetti Glass Studio & Gallery
    Corradetti Glass Studio & Gallery Banquet Halls

Ellen & her team at Local Color Flowers are always who I recommend first for wedding day flowers. I'm always so amazed at the arrangements & bouquets they create using all locally sourced flowers & greens. Anyone would agree, they know their florals!

• Jill Andrews Gowns
    Jill Andrews Gowns Wedding Dresses

You will not be disappointed working with Ellen and the team at Local Color Flowers! We love their ability to use local, in-season flowers to create beautiful and unique arrangements.

• 3100 Brentwood Avenue Baltimore, 21218 See on map