Local Color Flowers

Baltimore, MD View map

$3,500 Typical Price
Our Mission

Local Color Flowers is a Baltimore-based floral design business. We create personalized arrangements and bouquets from fresh, seasonal, and sustainable flowers cultivated by local specialty growers. We are committed to responsible use of resources, supporting the local economy and promoting neighboring farms. We provide our clients an environmentally and socially conscience alternative when purchasing flowers.

Our Vision

Local Color Flowers seeks to create and support a sustainable community; where people choose local products and services; where flower farms and farm families are thriving; where there is a diverse, strong local economy; and where people are connected to the living world around them.

About the Founder

Ellen Frost

My first experience working within local agriculture was a weekend job working at a Maryland farm and at Baltimore farmer’s markets several years ago. I soon became a Baltimore Master Gardener and moved from a farm stand to the plant clinic table at the markets. I loved teaching people about flowers and how to grow them in the city.

Spending time with market customers, I saw the great demand for fresh, local produce and the overwhelming support of local farmers. I recognized another opportunity to connect local farmers with customers by providing the additional value of floral design services. When I read Amy Stewart’s book, Flower Confidential, I was inspired to combine everything I learned on the farm and at the markets with my entrepreneurial spirit and open Local Color Flowers.

What is the average price for a bridal bouquet?

$200.00

What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet?

$125.00

What is the average price for a boutonniere?

$25.00

What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)?

$80.00

What is the average price for an elevated table arrangement (per arrangement)?

$400.00

Typically, what can a customer expect to pay for your wedding floral services?

$3500

Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services?

Clean Up
Consultations
Delivery
Set Up

How would you describe your floral designs?

Classic
Eclectic
Romantic
Rustic
Vintage

Which of the following services do you provide?

Clean Up
Consultations
Delivery
Set Up

What types of arrangements do you provide?

Aisle Decor
Single Flowers

• Bobby
    Bobby W. Married on 08/28/2021

Beautiful Wedding Flowers

We loved working with Local Color Flowers for our wedding florals. The entire process was smooth and easy for us. Ellen spent time getting to know us, gathering information on color pallets and the overall design of our wedding to help in the planning. We were drawn to the idea of supporting local flower farms as well as leaving the specific flower designing up to the experts so that part of our special day was a surprise to us! We loved our personal flowers, and guests raved about how beautiful the centerpieces and the arch arrangements were. Thank you, Local Color Flowers!
    Eb Married on 06/10/2021

Outstanding!

We worked with Ellen at Local Color Flowers for our COVID micro-wedding, and I can't recommend her enough! She worked with us to build us a custom package of flowers that we picked up from her and assembled ourselves on location. When we picked them up I was so thrilled- they were even more stunning than I imagined! I got multiple compliments on the flowers from guests who livestreamed our wedding, so even through a computer screen the flowers stood out. In addition, I was so happy to be supporting a small, local business that buys environmentally sustainable flowers from local farms. Ellen was notably kind and easy to work with as we dealt with uncertainty in our plans during COVID. Thank you, Ellen- we appreciate you!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 04/11/2020

Fantastic Experience!

We chose Local Color Flowers as the florist for our November 2019 wedding, and we couldn't be happier with our decision. We didn't know exactly what we wanted at first, but Ellen was completely unfazed by this and she did a great job helping us figure it out. She was incredibly patient and responsive throughout the planning process, and we were thrilled with the arrangements she created. Wedding planning can be very stressful, but Ellen somehow managed to make her part of it low-stress and painless for us. HIGHLY recommended!!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

30 photos · 09/13/2015
  • Robert & Amanda
    21 photos · 10/12/2014

Jocelyn Mathewes Imagemaker Jocelyn Mathewes Imagemaker Wedding Photographers

Ellen creates gorgeous work with personal flair for all her clients. She's a beautiful person who creates beauty for others.

Corradetti Glass Studio & Gallery Corradetti Glass Studio & Gallery Museum Weddings

Ellen & her team at Local Color Flowers are always who I recommend first for wedding day flowers. I'm always so amazed at the arrangements & bouquets they create using all locally sourced flowers & greens. Anyone would agree, they know their florals!

Jill Andrews Gowns Jill Andrews Gowns Wedding Dresses

You will not be disappointed working with Ellen and the team at Local Color Flowers! We love their ability to use local, in-season flowers to create beautiful and unique arrangements.

3100 Brentwood Avenue Baltimore, 21218

By Appointment
Location of (Local Color Flowers)

Other vendors in Baltimore for your wedding