Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Local Color Flowers

Flowers grown within 100 miles of Baltimore
Our Mission

Local Color Flowers is a Baltimore-based floral design business. We create personalized arrangements and bouquets from fresh, seasonal, and sustainable flowers cultivated by local specialty growers. We are committed to responsible use of resources, supporting the local economy and promoting neighboring farms. We provide our clients an environmentally and socially conscience alternative when purchasing flowers.

Our Vision

Local Color Flowers seeks to create and support a sustainable community; where people choose local products and services; where flower farms and farm families are thriving; where there is a diverse, strong local economy; and where people are connected to the living world around them.

About the Founder

Ellen Frost

My first experience working within local agriculture was a weekend job working at a Maryland farm and at Baltimore farmer’s markets several years ago. I soon became a Baltimore Master Gardener and moved from a farm stand to the plant clinic table at the markets. I loved teaching people about flowers and how to grow them in the city.

Spending time with market customers, I saw the great demand for fresh, local produce and the overwhelming support of local farmers. I recognized another opportunity to connect local farmers with customers by providing the additional value of floral design services. When I read Amy Stewart’s book, Flower Confidential, I was inspired to combine everything I learned on the farm and at the markets with my entrepreneurial spirit and open Local Color Flowers.

Categories: Wedding Florist

Aisle Decor (6)
Single Flowers (6)
Clean Up (2)
Chuppah Decor (2)

We knew that Local Color would work with our style immediately... and after our consultation we determined a budget for our ideas that worked all around. The concept of creating with what was local and in-season coupled with aesthetic is what initially drew us to them. We were not disappointed in any way (other than the fact that I decided best not to take any of our bouquets home with me across the country on the plane the next day, totally not their problem though!!). They were highly flexible in terms of planning, communicating by phone, email, and through Pinterest boards to get our look down. They helped coordinate delivery for the event date as well as vase rentals to be returned the next day. My bridal bouquet was made of dreams, and we made sure family and friends took home the bouquets to enjoy. Local Color can certainly give you a great selection across varied budgets. Would use them again and recommend them any day. Thanks again! xoxo

Profile Picture Kaie, 10/8/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Single Flowers

My wedding flowers were so stunning I actually brought some of them on my honeymoon because I wanted to enjoy them for as long as I could! This company has it down - I knew that I wanted to go with a variety of different colors and types of flowers and they made the process so easy. I searched their instagram pics for ideas and they also have a very helpful Pinterest page. There is a consultation to get started and then a few check in's before the big day. All of the people I dealt with were extremely responsive and detailed. They really care about putting beautiful arrangements together and I feel like I got a lot of value for the cost. I was really pleased with the whole experience and highly recommend this company!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/23/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Local Color Flowers was an absolute pleasure to work with! Carling and Ellen were responsive, professional and SO talented! They took the vision I had and completed it better than I could have described myself. LCF allowed me to provide my own vases and gave me specific dimensions of what their floral designs would require. They were also reasonable and accommodating, working with the budget I provided. Our wedding day flowers were full of life, color & texture! Trusting LCF as a vendor and having in-season, local flowers at our wedding made for an incredibly beautiful and memorable event!

Profile Picture Aimee, 9/2/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages, Single Flowers, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Local Color Flowers Pricing

9 Photos

Floral Design by Local Color Flower

9 Photos

4 ENDORSEMENTS
Ellen creates gorgeous work with personal flair for all her clients. She's a beautiful person who creates beauty for others.

Ellen & her team at Local Color Flowers are always who I recommend first for wedding day flowers. I'm always so amazed at the arrangements & bouquets they create using all locally sourced flowers & greens. Anyone would agree, they know their florals!

You will not be disappointed working with Ellen and the team at Local Color Flowers! We love their ability to use local, in-season flowers to create beautiful and unique arrangements.

As a caterer that strives to be as environmentally minded and sustainable as possible, I know how much work is involved sourcing locally. It is a breath of fresh air to know that there is a florist in the marketplace that sources exclusively local flowers for her designs. Local Color Flowers' integrity and commitment to put in this extra work should be applauded and supported. When thinking of choosing a florist for any event, please consider this ethical, wonderful, and exciting design firm.

Events