3100 Brentwood Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21218 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 2

About Local Color Flowers

Our Mission

Local Color Flowers is a Baltimore-based floral design business. We create personalized arrangements and bouquets from fresh, seasonal, and sustainable flowers cultivated by local specialty growers. We are committed to responsible use of resources, supporting the local economy and promoting neighboring farms. We provide our clients an environmentally and socially conscience alternative when purchasing flowers.

Our Vision

Local Color Flowers seeks to create and support a sustainable community; where people choose local products and services; where flower farms and farm families are thriving; where there is a diverse, strong local economy; and where people are connected to the living world around them.

About the Founder

Ellen Frost

My first experience working within local agriculture was a weekend job working at a Maryland farm and at Baltimore farmer’s markets several years ago. I soon became a Baltimore Master Gardener and moved from a farm stand to the plant clinic table at the markets. I loved teaching people about flowers and how to grow them in the city.

Spending time with market customers, I saw the great demand for fresh, local produce and the overwhelming support of local farmers. I recognized another opportunity to connect local farmers with customers by providing the additional value of floral design services. When I read Amy Stewart’s book, Flower Confidential, I was inspired to combine everything I learned on the farm and at the markets with my entrepreneurial spirit and open Local Color Flowers.

Follow Local Color Flowers on

168 Reviews for Local Color Flowers

• Caroline

Caroline · Married on 10/13/2018

Gorgeous, in-season, local!

Getting real flowers for our wedding ceremony was a must-have for us. And if they were going to be real, they were going to be locally-sourced, in-season, and heart-warmingly beautiful. Local Color delivered everything I could hope for. If you are going to be picky about specific flowers you want, this isn't the route to go, but if you give LoCoFlo a color palette and a style they will give you exactly the flowers you didn't even know you wanted. We had an unusual ceremony set-up where we wanted our floral arrangement to be on the floor in a circle around us, instead of an arch and Ellen said she hadn't done that before, but she would figure it out. She delivered perfectly - and made it in such a way that the pieces of the display could be moved and re-purposed for the dinner reception. To some extent, requests may be able to be accomodated; I asked for herbs (specifically rosemary) in our bouquets which they were able to do, and when I learned that they might have local cotton this season, I asked if we could get that in the bouquets & boutonnieres and I'm so glad they could! I'm drying some of my flowers to keep and the cotton is already prefect. Ellen delivered on time, her team was easy to communicate with, and we loved the end result.

Local Color Flowers 1

Anne · Married on 10/06/2018

Great Staff, Gorgeous Flowers

Local Colors was wonderful. They were great listeners, offered creative ideas and kept everything simple. I loved the arrangements and the colors of the bouquets , table arrangements and the flowers in large vases that were placed in the garden. I was very happy the flowers were grown locally. I love supporting our local economy.

Kat · Married on 09/29/2018

I worked at a florist in high school and college, and really wanted something gorgeous for my wedding. Wow. I was thrilled with the amazing work that Local Color Flowers did. From my meeting with Ellen onward, they were professional and very accommodating, and the flowers were outstanding. We had a wedding of 175 guests, and ordered table arrangements, corsages, boutonnieres, bouquets, and extra arrangements for the gift table and cocktail hour tables. The guests gushed at how original and classy they were - definitely artistic, incorporating my choice of vibrant colors, and not the same old, cliche wedding flowers. One of my friends even said she wished she could get married again to use Local Color Flowers, and the other vendors had great things to say when they heard we were using them. The groom even took his boutonniere back in case we wanted to press it in a book! Most of all, I loved how the locally sourced concept took the pressure of making more detailed decisions off of my plate, and the result was such a beautiful surprise unlike any wedding I'd seen before. It exceeded my expectations and I want to use this florist again!

Local Color Flowers FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet? $ 200.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet? $ 125.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere? $ 25.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 80.00
  • What is the average price for an elevated table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 400.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services? Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up
  • How would you describe your floral designs? Classic, Eclectic, Romantic, Rustic, Vintage
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up
  • What types of arrangements do you provide? Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Centerpieces, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Single Flowers

Real Weddings

• Jocelyn Mathewes Imagemaker
    Jocelyn Mathewes Imagemaker Wedding Photographers

Ellen creates gorgeous work with personal flair for all her clients. She's a beautiful person who creates beauty for others.

• Corradetti Glass Studio & Gallery
    Corradetti Glass Studio & Gallery Banquet Halls

Ellen & her team at Local Color Flowers are always who I recommend first for wedding day flowers. I'm always so amazed at the arrangements & bouquets they create using all locally sourced flowers & greens. Anyone would agree, they know their florals!

• Jill Andrews Gowns
    Jill Andrews Gowns Wedding Dresses

You will not be disappointed working with Ellen and the team at Local Color Flowers! We love their ability to use local, in-season flowers to create beautiful and unique arrangements.

• 3100 Brentwood Avenue Baltimore, MD 21218 See on map