3100 Brentwood Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21218 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 2

About Local Color Flowers

Our Mission

Local Color Flowers is a Baltimore-based floral design business. We create personalized arrangements and bouquets from fresh, seasonal, and sustainable flowers cultivated by local specialty growers. We are committed to responsible use of resources, supporting the local economy and promoting neighboring farms. We provide our clients an environmentally and socially conscience alternative when purchasing flowers.

Our Vision

Local Color Flowers seeks to create and support a sustainable community; where people choose local products and services; where flower farms and farm families are thriving; where there is a diverse, strong local economy; and where people are connected to the living world around them.

About the Founder

Ellen Frost

My first experience working within local agriculture was a weekend job working at a Maryland farm and at Baltimore farmer’s markets several years ago. I soon became a Baltimore Master Gardener and moved from a farm stand to the plant clinic table at the markets. I loved teaching people about flowers and how to grow them in the city.

Spending time with market customers, I saw the great demand for fresh, local produce and the overwhelming support of local farmers. I recognized another opportunity to connect local farmers with customers by providing the additional value of floral design services. When I read Amy Stewart’s book, Flower Confidential, I was inspired to combine everything I learned on the farm and at the markets with my entrepreneurial spirit and open Local Color Flowers.

Follow Local Color Flowers on

Local Color Flowers 6
Local Color Flowers 7

Ashton Huie · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful and Sustainable

I study sustainability at my University and my now husband had told me about local color flowers before we even got engaged. I knew from the moment I heard about them that I had to use these guys for my wedding. And boy did they come through. When I was talking with Ellen on the phone I told her I wanted it to look like she walked into a field of wild flowers and picked whatever was there and she responded with “great because that is literally what I do.” When I saw the flowers on the day of my wedding I quite literally squealed and then wept because they were even better then I ever could have imagined. My husband and I tell everyone that really it was the flowers that made that whole day. So thank you to the wonderful beautiful people apart of this company for not only making my dreams come true but for being an ethical business I was proud to use and promote. If you invest in anything on your wedding day please make it these guys.

Sent on 07/18/2019
    Local Color Flowers 8
    Local Color Flowers 9
    Local Color Flowers 10
    Local Color Flowers 11
    Local Color Flowers 12
    Local Color Flowers 13

Lauren · Married on 06/01/2019

One of the best decisions I made

I love flowers and long had a vision for my wedding that focused heavily on flowers. Unfortunately, most florists were out of our price range. Working with Ellen and her team was one of the best decisions I made as a bride. They were warm, professional, and really know their stuff. The passion for their work and the community comes through in every interaction and they exceeded our expectations for the budget we had to work with. I'd hire them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/27/2019
    Local Color Flowers 14
    Local Color Flowers 15
    Local Color Flowers 16

Julie · Married on 05/26/2019

Absolutely Amazing

We LOVED working with local color flower. Their bouquets and center pieces exceeded all of our expectations. The flower and the colors that they chose were amazing and fit the rest of the decor. We would 100% recommend them as your florist for your wedding. Both Ellen and Carling were extremely responsive and took care of every last detail. Thank you all so much!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Local Color Flowers FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet? $ 200.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet? $ 125.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere? $ 25.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 80.00
  • What is the average price for an elevated table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 400.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services? Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up
  • How would you describe your floral designs? Classic, Eclectic, Romantic, Rustic, Vintage
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up
  • What types of arrangements do you provide? Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Centerpieces, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Single Flowers

Real Weddings

• Jocelyn Mathewes Imagemaker
    Jocelyn Mathewes Imagemaker Wedding Photographers

Ellen creates gorgeous work with personal flair for all her clients. She's a beautiful person who creates beauty for others.

• Corradetti Glass Studio & Gallery
    Corradetti Glass Studio & Gallery Banquet Halls

Ellen & her team at Local Color Flowers are always who I recommend first for wedding day flowers. I'm always so amazed at the arrangements & bouquets they create using all locally sourced flowers & greens. Anyone would agree, they know their florals!

• Jill Andrews Gowns
    Jill Andrews Gowns Wedding Dresses

You will not be disappointed working with Ellen and the team at Local Color Flowers! We love their ability to use local, in-season flowers to create beautiful and unique arrangements.

• 3100 Brentwood Avenue Baltimore, 21218 See on map