3100 Brentwood Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21218 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 2

About Local Color Flowers

Our Mission

Local Color Flowers is a Baltimore-based floral design business. We create personalized arrangements and bouquets from fresh, seasonal, and sustainable flowers cultivated by local specialty growers. We are committed to responsible use of resources, supporting the local economy and promoting neighboring farms. We provide our clients an environmentally and socially conscience alternative when purchasing flowers.

Our Vision

Local Color Flowers seeks to create and support a sustainable community; where people choose local products and services; where flower farms and farm families are thriving; where there is a diverse, strong local economy; and where people are connected to the living world around them.

About the Founder

Ellen Frost

My first experience working within local agriculture was a weekend job working at a Maryland farm and at Baltimore farmer’s markets several years ago. I soon became a Baltimore Master Gardener and moved from a farm stand to the plant clinic table at the markets. I loved teaching people about flowers and how to grow them in the city.

Spending time with market customers, I saw the great demand for fresh, local produce and the overwhelming support of local farmers. I recognized another opportunity to connect local farmers with customers by providing the additional value of floral design services. When I read Amy Stewart’s book, Flower Confidential, I was inspired to combine everything I learned on the farm and at the markets with my entrepreneurial spirit and open Local Color Flowers.

Follow Local Color Flowers on

179 Reviews for Local Color Flowers

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/11/2020

Fantastic Experience!

We chose Local Color Flowers as the florist for our November 2019 wedding, and we couldn't be happier with our decision. We didn't know exactly what we wanted at first, but Ellen was completely unfazed by this and she did a great job helping us figure it out. She was incredibly patient and responsive throughout the planning process, and we were thrilled with the arrangements she created. Wedding planning can be very stressful, but Ellen somehow managed to make her part of it low-stress and painless for us. HIGHLY recommended!!

Sent on 12/07/2019
  • Gen

Gen · Married on 12/21/2019

Unique and Beautiful!

Ellen is amazing! I loved her concept of her company using local farm flowers. I told Ellen my vision and she gave me even better! My winter wedding was gorgeous! I cannot thank Local Color Flowers enough for adding so much beauty on my wedding day!

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Annie

Annie Embertson · Married on 11/09/2019

Uniquely beautiful and sustainable

When my husband and I were planning our wedding, we wanted to find a sustainable florist and we were so grateful to stumble upon Ellen and her amazing team at Local Color Flowers, where they source all of their flowers locally throughout the year. Our wedding was in November, so we didn't know how much variety we had to choose from, but were blown away at all the flowers and greenery that would be available around that time. While some brides may not like not knowing exactly what their bouquet is going to look like, I couldn't have bee more ecstatic with the idea! In my mind it was one less thing to think about; plus, I felt like it was Christmas morning waiting to see the flowers. I knew I could trust Ellen and her team to execute a beautiful bouquet with my color scheme, while coordinating with my hair comb, the boutonnieres, and the bridal party bouquets. I loved how she incorporated non-typical greenery, such as rosemary, ferns, mint, and cabbage. My husband still says rosemary reminds him of our wedding day! We are so grateful to have worked with such an incredible floral team and to support a local business with a great mission. I would absolutely recommend Local Color Flowers to anyone looking for a florist that is easy to work with and who will put your mind at ease with their professionalism and amazing bouquets. You will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 05/21/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Local Color Flowers FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet?
    $ 200.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet?
    $ 125.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere?
    $ 25.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)?
    $ 80.00
    $ 400.00
    $ 3500
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services?
    Clean Up
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Set Up
  • How would you describe your floral designs?
    Classic
    Eclectic
    Romantic
    Rustic
    Vintage
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Clean Up
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Set Up
  • What types of arrangements do you provide?
    Aisle Decor
    Corsages
    Single Flowers

Real Weddings

• Jocelyn Mathewes Imagemaker Wedding Photographers

Ellen creates gorgeous work with personal flair for all her clients. She's a beautiful person who creates beauty for others.

• Corradetti Glass Studio & Gallery Museum Weddings

Ellen & her team at Local Color Flowers are always who I recommend first for wedding day flowers. I'm always so amazed at the arrangements & bouquets they create using all locally sourced flowers & greens. Anyone would agree, they know their florals!

• Jill Andrews Gowns Wedding Dresses

You will not be disappointed working with Ellen and the team at Local Color Flowers! We love their ability to use local, in-season flowers to create beautiful and unique arrangements.

• 3100 Brentwood Avenue Baltimore, 21218 See on map
    By Appointment
    Location of (Local Color Flowers)