Local Color Flowers Reviews

Local Color Flowers 7
  • Christina

Christina Elder · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful Fall Wedding

One of our favorite vendors from our wedding! Ellen and her team are absolutely amazing and will create stunning floral centerpieces and bouquets for your wedding. Our wedding was November 3 and the selection of flowers were so lovely. The colors were vibrant and exactly what I had in mind for the season. Would 100% recommend if you are in the Baltimore (and beyond) region!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Local Color Flowers's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Christina! We're so happy that you enjoyed the beautiful local flowers that November in Baltimore has to offer!

Jessica · Married on 11/02/2018

Best Flowers Ever!

My wedding was 11/2/18! Ellen and her team at Local Color Flowers completely nailed my wedding flowers. The flowers brought so much color and character to my wedding. I love local flowers because other than a color palette, most of it is a huge surprise. It is SO exciting finally seeing the creations that Ellen and team Locoflo had put together. There were so many wild, whispy special details that I encouraged and they totally delivered. It made me feel like my wedding flowers were completely unique from any other wedding. I got compliments ALL night and was able to spread LoCoFlos amazing mission.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Local Color Flowers's reply:

Thank you Jessica! It was such a pleasure to design within your fun and playful wedding style! Thanks for letting us be part of your special day!
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 10/13/2018

Gorgeous, in-season, local!

Getting real flowers for our wedding ceremony was a must-have for us. And if they were going to be real, they were going to be locally-sourced, in-season, and heart-warmingly beautiful. Local Color delivered everything I could hope for. If you are going to be picky about specific flowers you want, this isn't the route to go, but if you give LoCoFlo a color palette and a style they will give you exactly the flowers you didn't even know you wanted. We had an unusual ceremony set-up where we wanted our floral arrangement to be on the floor in a circle around us, instead of an arch and Ellen said she hadn't done that before, but she would figure it out. She delivered perfectly - and made it in such a way that the pieces of the display could be moved and re-purposed for the dinner reception. To some extent, requests may be able to be accomodated; I asked for herbs (specifically rosemary) in our bouquets which they were able to do, and when I learned that they might have local cotton this season, I asked if we could get that in the bouquets & boutonnieres and I'm so glad they could! I'm drying some of my flowers to keep and the cotton is already prefect. Ellen delivered on time, her team was easy to communicate with, and we loved the end result.

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Local Color Flowers 8

Dear Caroline,
    We absolutely loved designing flowers for your wedding! The ceremony ring was such a fun challenge, and we're so thrilled that you loved the result! Thank you for choosing to make local flowers part of your wedding vision!

Anne · Married on 10/06/2018

Great Staff, Gorgeous Flowers

Local Colors was wonderful. They were great listeners, offered creative ideas and kept everything simple. I loved the arrangements and the colors of the bouquets , table arrangements and the flowers in large vases that were placed in the garden. I was very happy the flowers were grown locally. I love supporting our local economy.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Local Color Flowers's reply:

Thank you for choosing Local Color Flowers as your wedding florist Anne! You definitely helped support our local economy by choosing flowers grown close to home. We loved being part of your wedding day!

Kat · Married on 09/29/2018

I worked at a florist in high school and college, and really wanted something gorgeous for my wedding. Wow. I was thrilled with the amazing work that Local Color Flowers did. From my meeting with Ellen onward, they were professional and very accommodating, and the flowers were outstanding. We had a wedding of 175 guests, and ordered table arrangements, corsages, boutonnieres, bouquets, and extra arrangements for the gift table and cocktail hour tables. The guests gushed at how original and classy they were - definitely artistic, incorporating my choice of vibrant colors, and not the same old, cliche wedding flowers. One of my friends even said she wished she could get married again to use Local Color Flowers, and the other vendors had great things to say when they heard we were using them. The groom even took his boutonniere back in case we wanted to press it in a book! Most of all, I loved how the locally sourced concept took the pressure of making more detailed decisions off of my plate, and the result was such a beautiful surprise unlike any wedding I'd seen before. It exceeded my expectations and I want to use this florist again!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Local Color Flowers's reply:

Thank you for your review Kat! It's so wonderful to hear that you loved your wedding flowers! We loved your vibrant color palette, and getting to know you throughout the planning process!

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

Completed our look!

Working with Local Color Flowers for our wedding was such a great decision! They were so communicative and straightforward, and always kept our vision in mind. Our wedding was at the Cylburn Arboretum, so we didn't want to clash or take away from the existing beauty of the venue. I also had a few things I was hopeful for in terms of flower type, greenery, and they totally came through!! The burgundy + blush dahlias and celosia were unforgettable. My hair piece totally sealed the bridal look I was going for. I absolutely loved the bracelets for the flower girls!! All of the bouquets were stunning. The loose flowers we put in bottles were perfect - not too overwhelming but still added some flair to our centerpieces. Everything felt so fresh and beautiful. Exactly what we wanted. I'm so happy to have worked with you all. Thank you for being such great vendors!

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Local Color Flowers 14
    Local Color Flowers 15
    Local Color Flowers 16

Dear Jessica,
    Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful photos with us! It brings us so much joy! We loved working with you, and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your wedding flowers!

June · Married on 09/15/2018

When I was thinking about flowers, I knew I wanted to minimize my environmental footprint and buy green and local. Lucky for me, Local Color Flowers, is a preferred florist of the venue I chose. They are local to Baltimore and source their flowers from family farms and gardens within an average of 50 miles of their workshop. This means none of the flowers are shipped in an airplane nor are they chemically preserved!

Ellen Frost, the founder, is absolutely wonderful to work with. She loves what she does and loves working with her clients, and both are evident in every meeting you have with her. She is all smiles and is passionate about flowers and helping you formulate / articulate your vision.

If you have something specific in mind, they have look-books by season and month so you can see what kind of flowers and foliage are available during the month of your wedding. These are also available on their Pinterest page.

I had a very loose idea of what I wanted because I didn’t have “wedding colors” and only had a matron of honor. What I did know is that I like wild foliage, interesting flowers, and unruly (non-uniform) arrangements – no fragile flowers please.

Well, Ellen and her team knocked it out of the park! All of the flowers were stunning! We had 2 large ceremony arrangements, 2 bouquets, 2 wrist corsages, a number of centerpieces varying in size and extra bits for the wedding cake.

I can’t say enough good things about Ellen and the Local Color flower team!

Sent on 10/01/2018
    Local Color Flowers 17
    Local Color Flowers 18
    Local Color Flowers 19
    Local Color Flowers 20
    Local Color Flowers 21
    Local Color Flowers 22

Hi June,
    We appreciate your feedback so much! We're so happy that you chose to use local flowers for your wedding! We absolutely loved getting to know you during the planning process, and are thrilled to hear that we were able to help bring your vision to life!

Sarah · Married on 09/15/2018

I'm obsessed with LoCoFlo!

My husband and I didn't want to go overboard with flowers - we really only wanted flowers for us, the attendants and our family, as well as a few small arrangements for the ceremony and main table decor. We decided to hire local color flowers because one of our main values is to support small, local businesses and we loved that Ellen sources all of her flowers within 100 miles of Baltimore (supporting more than 1 local business!). She was so easy to work with and provided great suggestions to us as we had very little 'vision' outside of the colors we chose. She has a stringent process that she follows with check-ins leading up to the wedding and I loved how her team was so on top of communicating with us and checking in throughout the wedding planning process. I also liked that we didn't have to pick out specifically what flowers we wanted - we just had to trust her and her team with what was available that week and they did an amazing job! We will definitely visit the studio sometime to pick up more flowers :) I highly recommend Ellen and her team!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Hi Sarah,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience using Local Color Flowers as your wedding florist! We love connecting with couples who value supporting our local economy. Thank you for choosing to make a difference in our community and environment with your wedding flowers!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/01/2018

I had a wonderful experience working with Carling and the team at Local Color Flowers. We called a week before the wedding and Carling and team were friendly, responsive, helpful, and able to work within our tight deadline. They quoted us for a bridal bouquet, 3 bridesmaid bouquets and one boutonniere and even adjusted the quote to work within our budget as needed. For a reasonable charge, they promptly delivered the flowers to the site on the day of the wedding in beautiful glass vases filled with fresh water to keep the flowers looking their best.

Sent on 09/21/2018
    Local Color Flowers 23

Local Color Flowers's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share you experience using Local Color Flowers for your wedding! We're so glad that you were pleased with your wedding flowers. It was a pleasure working with you!

Beth · Married on 08/11/2018

Local Color Flowers was AMAZING to work with!! Their team was kind and efficient, and we always felt they had everything under control. We had a huge wedding (230 people, incl. 17 in the wedding party, separate ceremony/reception), and they aced every decoration correctly and BEAUTIFULLY! When we returned to the church after our honeymoon, the first thing everyone said was "THOSE FLOWERS WERE AMAZING!" I know the "unpredictability" of the in-season flowers might be tough, but Ellen knows her stuff - she aced all the colors and style I wanted, and even got us sunflowers, which I said I loved! It was a fun surprise element, but also so so personalized to us. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Dear Beth,
    Thank you for your kind words! We loved designing the flowers for your wedding - and are so happy that you loved the sunflowers! We always love sneaking in those personalized touches! Thank you for choosing Local Color Flowers!

Joseph · Married on 07/28/2018

My husband and I do not live in Baltimore, but we decided to have our wedding there because many of our closest friends live in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. We learned about Ellen and Local Color Flowers from a good friend in Baltimore. Neither of us had worked with a florist before, but Ellen made us extremely comfortable during the consultation. She asked just the right questions to help us determine what we wanted for our wedding, and she thoughtfully explained her unique and sustainable philosophy. She was thoroughly professional, and she was prompt and organized throughout the entire process. Ellen delivered the arrangements on our wedding day, and their bold delphiniums and zinnias took my breath away. She even went the extra mile to add peacock feathers from a local peacock farmer to each of the centerpieces, and that helped enhance our wedding's theme. Our guests also loved the flowers, and we received multiple compliments about them throughout the evening. Ellen is a true professional and a true artist, and I can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Dear Joseph,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved getting to know you during the planning process, and it was an absolute pleasure to participate in your wedding day. We're thrilled to hear that you loved the flowers. Thank you again for supporting us!

Kate · Married on 06/30/2018

The team at Local Color Flowers is AWESOME! I knew from the beginning I wanted to go local. I had heard about this company long before I was engaged, but had never worked with them before. Ellen and her team make the process so relaxing and fun! We had a nice consultation with Ellen a few months prior to the wedding. She looked at some photos, listened to our preferences, and walked us through some questions to help pull the ideas together. Ultimately, the way this company works, they can't guarantee the exact flowers because they go with whatever is local and in season from their farmers. I was completely okay with this and loved having the surprise the day of ! The bouquets were STUNNING, picking up the corals, and hints of orange to complement the dark teal bridesmaid dresses and our garden wedding! For the centerpieces, i wanted a potted plant - to cut down a little on price, but also so guests could take them home. LoCoFlo allows you to provide your own containers, another cost-saving option. Since they had another wedding the same day, they could not deliver - but we knew this going in. The pick up process was easy. We got so many compliments on the bouquets and especially the centerpieces - oregano, rosemary + some foliage and some coral flowers. So unique and fun! The wrist corsages are also nontraditional - more of a flower-cuff. So cool! And the boutonnieres were perfect - each was a little different, highlighting different flowers from the bouquets, and wrapped in twine. just perfect! thank you!

Sent on 09/16/2018
    Local Color Flowers 24
    Local Color Flowers 25
    Local Color Flowers 26

Dear Kate,
    We loved being part of your wedding! We love the surprise of local flowers, since you never know exactly what you're going to get - and we're happy to hear that you did too! Thank you for trusting us to help bring your vision to life!

Caitlin · Married on 10/14/2017

Wow- Local Flowers went above and beyond to make my wedding day an absolute dream! I spoke with them several times to describe my dream flower arrangement with colors and they could not have delivered a more perfect flower arrangement that was exactly how I described! Everyone was so impressed with the floral arrangement and how beautiful they were. My bridal bouquet and bridesmaids' bouquets were also so stunning! I never stressed about my flowers because I knew that they were being taken care of and in good hands with Local Flowers. Our wedding reception looked like it was out of a fairy tale. THANK YOU so much to all of the staff at Local Flowers- you guys helped make my wedding day my dream!!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Dear Caitlin,
    Thank you for your thoughtful review! We loved helping to bring your Fairy Tale vision to life! It was a pleasure getting to know you - thank you so much for supporting us!

Kaie · Married on 10/08/2017

We knew that Local Color would work with our style immediately... and after our consultation we determined a budget for our ideas that worked all around. The concept of creating with what was local and in-season coupled with aesthetic is what initially drew us to them. We were not disappointed in any way (other than the fact that I decided best not to take any of our bouquets home with me across the country on the plane the next day, totally not their problem though!!). They were highly flexible in terms of planning, communicating by phone, email, and through Pinterest boards to get our look down. They helped coordinate delivery for the event date as well as vase rentals to be returned the next day. My bridal bouquet was made of dreams, and we made sure family and friends took home the bouquets to enjoy. Local Color can certainly give you a great selection across varied budgets. Would use them again and recommend them any day. Thanks again! xoxo

Sent on 12/29/2017

Dear Katie,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved collaborating with you to design the perfect bouquets and flowers for your special wedding day! Hearing that you loved them makes us so happy! All the best for your married future and congratulations! Thank you for choosing Local Color Flowers!

Ashley · Married on 09/23/2017

My wedding flowers were so stunning I actually brought some of them on my honeymoon because I wanted to enjoy them for as long as I could! This company has it down - I knew that I wanted to go with a variety of different colors and types of flowers and they made the process so easy. I searched their instagram pics for ideas and they also have a very helpful Pinterest page. There is a consultation to get started and then a few check in's before the big day. All of the people I dealt with were extremely responsive and detailed. They really care about putting beautiful arrangements together and I feel like I got a lot of value for the cost. I was really pleased with the whole experience and highly recommend this company!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Hi Ashley!
    Hearing that you took some of your flowers on your honeymoon totally made our day! We are so happy to hear that you loved your wedding flowers, because we loved designing them! It was such a pleasure getting to know you through the planning process and we hope to see you again sometime! Congratulations again on your wedding!

Aimee · Married on 09/02/2017

Local Color Flowers was an absolute pleasure to work with! Carling and Ellen were responsive, professional and SO talented! They took the vision I had and completed it better than I could have described myself. LCF allowed me to provide my own vases and gave me specific dimensions of what their floral designs would require. They were also reasonable and accommodating, working with the budget I provided. Our wedding day flowers were full of life, color & texture! Trusting LCF as a vendor and having in-season, local flowers at our wedding made for an incredibly beautiful and memorable event!

Sent on 09/19/2017
    Local Color Flowers 27
    Local Color Flowers 28
    Local Color Flowers 29
    Local Color Flowers 30
    Local Color Flowers 31
    Local Color Flowers 32

Hi Aimee!
    Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! It was such a pleasure designing the flowers for your wedding! These photos are stunning, and we really appreciate you sharing them! We loved your bright color palette so much! Congratulations again on your wedding, and hope married life is treating you well!

Katie · Married on 08/05/2017

Our wedding day flowers were PERFECT - exactly how I imagined them. We wanted bright colors, kind of a "wild flower" look, nothing too neat but not totally crazy - and with that, the LCF team did a great job understanding what I wanted and executing on the day of. They worked with me to use a piece of my grandmother's wedding dress as a wrap for my bouquet - and in general did a great job with all of the bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, centerpieces, etc. Would definitely recommend them as a wedding florist.

Sent on 08/29/2017

Dear Katie,
    Congratulations on your wedding! We truly enjoyed being part of your amazingly beautiful day! So happy to hear your liked your flowers. Thank you for supporting many local flower farmers by choosing local flowers for your wedding! All the best for your future - hope to see you again!

Sarah · Married on 07/08/2017

We were lucky enough to hear about Local Color Flowers through a word-of-mouth recommendation, and as soon as we looked at their website we were SO grateful to the person who mentioned them! We worked with Local Color for our summer 2017 wedding and not only was it an absolute pleasure to work with Ellen and Carling because of their kindness and great energy, but it was a delight to see the flowers they created based off my (somewhat vague, not-very-informed-about-flowers) ideas. Somehow LoCo knew exactly what I wanted, and made it happen! (And what a cherry on top that their focus is local and sustainable.) Look no further for an amazing wedding florist.

Sent on 12/26/2017

Christiana · Married on 06/17/2017

Local Color Flowers is a beautiful and unique company that delivers in every area! The staff are extremely friendly and the owner is one of those people you feel like you have always known. My wife and I were stunned by how beautiful everything was. Our bouquets and centerpieces could not have been better. I'm so glad a business like this exists. If supporting local is something you have the heart and means to do- pick Local Color Flowers!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Local Color Flowers's reply:

Christiana, Congratulations! It was a joy designing the flowers for your wedding! It makes us so happy to hear that you enjoyed them! Thank you so much choosing Local Color Flowers as your wedding florist!

Emily · Married on 06/17/2017

I can't say enough good things about Local Color Flowers. We had our rehearsal dinner and wedding flowers done by them, and they were fantastic to work with throughout the entire process. I worked directly with Carling and the owner Ellen, and both of them made the entire process a joy. I knew I wanted a "garden" look with lots of greenery and white flowers but didn't know exactly what it would look like - Local Color Flowers really made my vision come to life. They even spray painted lanterns copper to complete the look. Everyone raved about the flowers (especially how good they smelled!). We also re-used our rehearsal dinner table arrangements for the wedding tent, and they held up extremely well.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Local Color Flowers's reply:

Emmy, It was a pleasure working with you! I'm so glad you liked the flowers. Thank you so much for choosing Local Color Flowers as your wedding florist! Congratulations!!

Ann · Married on 05/13/2017

Local Color Flowers was amazing from beginning to end of my wedding planning process! Ellen and her team are wonderful to work with and they truly care about the business. I only had a color scheme and a love for peonies, and I let the team do the rest as far as designing the florals went – they did not disappoint! I arrived to the venue to find beautiful, fresh, locally grown flowers for the bridesmaids and I, and the centerpieces (which I had dropped off a few weeks prior to the wedding) were overflowing with gorgeous blooms! I was in love with the final product and I got endless compliments throughout the night on how beautiful all of our floral arrangements were. Look no further because this team is the best!

Sent on 05/25/2017
  • Patrice

Patrice · Married on 04/14/2017

My fiancé and I wanted to use as many local vendors as possible and loved the idea of using a local florist who was committed to working with local farmers. Many of my coworkers had used Local Color Flowers and highly recommended them. When we went for our meeting, I didn’t have a clear idea of the flowers, except to balance my love of natural/rustic flowers for a very formal setting. We had so much help and guidance! We were able to choose bouquet sizes (I went with the bridesmaid bouquet size and my girls help posies--they were all bigger than the the bouquets at other weddings I’ve attended) and were taken into the walk in to look at flowers. They created a custom bouquet for us and were able to make last minute additions. Each item has a flat fee so you aren’t paying extra for specific flowers. I loved that they use whatever is in season and just go with your colors and overall vibe. Everything Local Color Flowers gave us was gorgeous and I loved the surprise of finding what flowers were used and in season.

Sent on 06/09/2017

Rachel · Married on 11/19/2016

I loved working with Local Color Flowers for the bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages. I gave my preference on color and some types of flowers and they did an amazing job. The bouquets were so beautiful and I loved the hints of rosemary! Easy to work with and I'm glad that we were able to support the local growers.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Alex · Married on 11/05/2016

After learning about Local Color Flowers before even being engaged, I knew that I wanted them to be a part of my wedding day. My experience with Ellen and the entire LoCoFlo team way surpassed 5 stars. I would recommend them (in a heartbeat) to anyone looking for wedding florals or just a single order! The fact that Ellen is a pioneer behind the local flower movement (and cares so passionately about her business and clients) really attracted me to her business. I was married on Nov 5 after the first frost of the year -- and as Ellen described it, the growers and farmers pulled off a Frostmas miracle and delivered with many flowers on my "wishlist" :) The flowers were absolutely perfect and the LoCoFlo team really made my vision come alive. Ellen was always patient and responded positively to my numerous questions and requests. I'm especially grateful that they took the time to learn how to execute a floral photo booth backdrop that I really wanted.

I am big supporter of local businesses and so, it felt great to support local growers within 100 miles of Baltimore. With all this being said, I am a huge fan of Local Color Flowers and will continue to support this awesome local business.

Sent on 11/27/2016

Local Color Flowers's reply:

Alex, thank you for your kind words! We loved working with you for your wedding (and before and after!). Thank you for your continued support of local flower farmers and small, local businesses like ours! We're so grateful for you! Congratulations to you and mike from everyone at #teamlocoflo

Kara · Married on 10/16/2016

I have always known that I wanted Local Color Flowers to provide my flowers for our wedding. When receiving or giving flowers, they always do an incredible job in creating the most unique bouquets that truly represents local florists during the seasons. After first speaking with Ellen, she knew exactly how to implement my vision for our fall wedding, including the special details within our bouquets and for our vases. The team was always professional, I had quick response times, and they clearly put a lot of effort in designing the perfect urns and bouquets. The quality of flowers were wonderful (as they always are)! Our bridal party, family, and friends still give compliments on the flowers! I highly recommend this florist for your next big day! Thank you so much again for working with us to make our flowers a focal point in our wedding!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Local Color Flowers's reply:

You're the best! thanks so choosing Local Color Flowers as your florist! We always hoped you'd choose us! It was really fun and special to see you on your wedding day too! Much love to you and Alvin! thank you for supporting local small businesses and small local flower farmers!