Local Color Flowers Reviews

180 | Baltimore, MD

180 Reviews for Local Color Flowers

Eb · Getting married on 06/10/2021

Outstanding!

We worked with Ellen at Local Color Flowers for our COVID micro-wedding, and I can't recommend her enough! She worked with us to build us a custom package of flowers that we picked up from her and assembled ourselves on location. When we picked them up I was so thrilled- they were even more stunning than I imagined! I got multiple compliments on the flowers from guests who livestreamed our wedding, so even through a computer screen the flowers stood out. In addition, I was so happy to be supporting a small, local business that buys environmentally sustainable flowers from local farms. Ellen was notably kind and easy to work with as we dealt with uncertainty in our plans during COVID. Thank you, Ellen- we appreciate you!

Sent on 11/15/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/11/2020

Fantastic Experience!

We chose Local Color Flowers as the florist for our November 2019 wedding, and we couldn't be happier with our decision. We didn't know exactly what we wanted at first, but Ellen was completely unfazed by this and she did a great job helping us figure it out. She was incredibly patient and responsive throughout the planning process, and we were thrilled with the arrangements she created. Wedding planning can be very stressful, but Ellen somehow managed to make her part of it low-stress and painless for us. HIGHLY recommended!!

Sent on 12/07/2019
  • Gen

Gen · Married on 12/21/2019

Unique and Beautiful!

Ellen is amazing! I loved her concept of her company using local farm flowers. I told Ellen my vision and she gave me even better! My winter wedding was gorgeous! I cannot thank Local Color Flowers enough for adding so much beauty on my wedding day!

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Annie

Annie E. · Married on 11/09/2019

Uniquely beautiful and sustainable

When my husband and I were planning our wedding, we wanted to find a sustainable florist and we were so grateful to stumble upon Ellen and her amazing team at Local Color Flowers, where they source all of their flowers locally throughout the year. Our wedding was in November, so we didn't know how much variety we had to choose from, but were blown away at all the flowers and greenery that would be available around that time. While some brides may not like not knowing exactly what their bouquet is going to look like, I couldn't have bee more ecstatic with the idea! In my mind it was one less thing to think about; plus, I felt like it was Christmas morning waiting to see the flowers. I knew I could trust Ellen and her team to execute a beautiful bouquet with my color scheme, while coordinating with my hair comb, the boutonnieres, and the bridal party bouquets. I loved how she incorporated non-typical greenery, such as rosemary, ferns, mint, and cabbage. My husband still says rosemary reminds him of our wedding day! We are so grateful to have worked with such an incredible floral team and to support a local business with a great mission. I would absolutely recommend Local Color Flowers to anyone looking for a florist that is easy to work with and who will put your mind at ease with their professionalism and amazing bouquets. You will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 05/21/2020

Mollie G. · Married on 10/27/2019

Made our big day extra beautiful

Ellen and her team were amazing to work with! During our pre-wedding planning meeting, Ellen helped us through the vision of the day and thought about all the little details and flower displays we would need! She answered any and all questions I had leading up to the day with the help of Carling, the amazing wedding consultant. Both of them worked with us to make sure we got everything we needed for the wedding day. I loved absolutely everything about the flowers for our wedding. They did two gorgeous greenery displays on walls in our venue, beautiful bouquets, and beautiful table centerpieces. The chuppah for our ceremony was also so gorgeous. Ellen took our colors- sage and plum and got flowers from local farms. Ellen and her team brought my vision to life and all the beautiful details were perfect. I highly recommend using Local Color Flowers for your wedding!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 10/26/2019

Fantastic Fall Florals

Local Color Flowers did my wedding flowers and they were absolutely perfect. They were super affordable. We got bouquets, boutonnières, a flower crown, loose flowers for hair, loose flowers for cake, a corsage, and flowers for our alter. Carling and Ellen were both super kind and responsive. We met and did a consultation where I described colors and textures, and asked for the inclusion of eucalyptus if possible. Keep in mind the flowers are locally sourced and you may not be able to get specific flowers, which was not a priority for me. I loved the inclusion of wheat, dried flowers, and herbs in my flowers. Attached are photos that will be updated once I receive my professional photos.

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica S. · Married on 09/07/2019

Local flowers are GORGEOUS

I'm so glad I chose Locoflo for our wedding. I was not particular about which flowers we had. I just gave Ellen the palette and let the team work their magic. My one request was that the flowers were NOT fragrant (due to allergies) and they delivered! My flowers were absolutely gorgeous--better than I could have imagined--and they didn't smell at all :).

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Ashton

Ashton H. · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful and Sustainable

I study sustainability at my University and my now husband had told me about local color flowers before we even got engaged. I knew from the moment I heard about them that I had to use these guys for my wedding. And boy did they come through. When I was talking with Ellen on the phone I told her I wanted it to look like she walked into a field of wild flowers and picked whatever was there and she responded with “great because that is literally what I do.” When I saw the flowers on the day of my wedding I quite literally squealed and then wept because they were even better then I ever could have imagined. My husband and I tell everyone that really it was the flowers that made that whole day. So thank you to the wonderful beautiful people apart of this company for not only making my dreams come true but for being an ethical business I was proud to use and promote. If you invest in anything on your wedding day please make it these guys.

Sent on 07/18/2019

Lauren · Married on 06/01/2019

One of the best decisions I made

I love flowers and long had a vision for my wedding that focused heavily on flowers. Unfortunately, most florists were out of our price range. Working with Ellen and her team was one of the best decisions I made as a bride. They were warm, professional, and really know their stuff. The passion for their work and the community comes through in every interaction and they exceeded our expectations for the budget we had to work with. I'd hire them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 05/26/2019

Absolutely Amazing

We LOVED working with local color flower. Their bouquets and center pieces exceeded all of our expectations. The flower and the colors that they chose were amazing and fit the rest of the decor. We would 100% recommend them as your florist for your wedding. Both Ellen and Carling were extremely responsive and took care of every last detail. Thank you all so much!

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Christina

Christina E. · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful Fall Wedding

One of our favorite vendors from our wedding! Ellen and her team are absolutely amazing and will create stunning floral centerpieces and bouquets for your wedding. Our wedding was November 3 and the selection of flowers were so lovely. The colors were vibrant and exactly what I had in mind for the season. Would 100% recommend if you are in the Baltimore (and beyond) region!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Local Color Flowers's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Christina! We're so happy that you enjoyed the beautiful local flowers that November in Baltimore has to offer!

Jessica · Married on 11/02/2018

Best Flowers Ever!

My wedding was 11/2/18! Ellen and her team at Local Color Flowers completely nailed my wedding flowers. The flowers brought so much color and character to my wedding. I love local flowers because other than a color palette, most of it is a huge surprise. It is SO exciting finally seeing the creations that Ellen and team Locoflo had put together. There were so many wild, whispy special details that I encouraged and they totally delivered. It made me feel like my wedding flowers were completely unique from any other wedding. I got compliments ALL night and was able to spread LoCoFlos amazing mission.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Local Color Flowers's reply:

Thank you Jessica! It was such a pleasure to design within your fun and playful wedding style! Thanks for letting us be part of your special day!
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 10/13/2018

Gorgeous, in-season, local!

Getting real flowers for our wedding ceremony was a must-have for us. And if they were going to be real, they were going to be locally-sourced, in-season, and heart-warmingly beautiful. Local Color delivered everything I could hope for. If you are going to be picky about specific flowers you want, this isn't the route to go, but if you give LoCoFlo a color palette and a style they will give you exactly the flowers you didn't even know you wanted. We had an unusual ceremony set-up where we wanted our floral arrangement to be on the floor in a circle around us, instead of an arch and Ellen said she hadn't done that before, but she would figure it out. She delivered perfectly - and made it in such a way that the pieces of the display could be moved and re-purposed for the dinner reception. To some extent, requests may be able to be accomodated; I asked for herbs (specifically rosemary) in our bouquets which they were able to do, and when I learned that they might have local cotton this season, I asked if we could get that in the bouquets & boutonnieres and I'm so glad they could! I'm drying some of my flowers to keep and the cotton is already prefect. Ellen delivered on time, her team was easy to communicate with, and we loved the end result.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Dear Caroline,
    We absolutely loved designing flowers for your wedding! The ceremony ring was such a fun challenge, and we're so thrilled that you loved the result! Thank you for choosing to make local flowers part of your wedding vision!

Anne · Married on 10/06/2018

Great Staff, Gorgeous Flowers

Local Colors was wonderful. They were great listeners, offered creative ideas and kept everything simple. I loved the arrangements and the colors of the bouquets , table arrangements and the flowers in large vases that were placed in the garden. I was very happy the flowers were grown locally. I love supporting our local economy.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Local Color Flowers's reply:

Thank you for choosing Local Color Flowers as your wedding florist Anne! You definitely helped support our local economy by choosing flowers grown close to home. We loved being part of your wedding day!

Kat · Married on 09/29/2018

I worked at a florist in high school and college, and really wanted something gorgeous for my wedding. Wow. I was thrilled with the amazing work that Local Color Flowers did. From my meeting with Ellen onward, they were professional and very accommodating, and the flowers were outstanding. We had a wedding of 175 guests, and ordered table arrangements, corsages, boutonnieres, bouquets, and extra arrangements for the gift table and cocktail hour tables. The guests gushed at how original and classy they were - definitely artistic, incorporating my choice of vibrant colors, and not the same old, cliche wedding flowers. One of my friends even said she wished she could get married again to use Local Color Flowers, and the other vendors had great things to say when they heard we were using them. The groom even took his boutonniere back in case we wanted to press it in a book! Most of all, I loved how the locally sourced concept took the pressure of making more detailed decisions off of my plate, and the result was such a beautiful surprise unlike any wedding I'd seen before. It exceeded my expectations and I want to use this florist again!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Local Color Flowers's reply:

Thank you for your review Kat! It's so wonderful to hear that you loved your wedding flowers! We loved your vibrant color palette, and getting to know you throughout the planning process!

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

Completed our look!

Working with Local Color Flowers for our wedding was such a great decision! They were so communicative and straightforward, and always kept our vision in mind. Our wedding was at the Cylburn Arboretum, so we didn't want to clash or take away from the existing beauty of the venue. I also had a few things I was hopeful for in terms of flower type, greenery, and they totally came through!! The burgundy + blush dahlias and celosia were unforgettable. My hair piece totally sealed the bridal look I was going for. I absolutely loved the bracelets for the flower girls!! All of the bouquets were stunning. The loose flowers we put in bottles were perfect - not too overwhelming but still added some flair to our centerpieces. Everything felt so fresh and beautiful. Exactly what we wanted. I'm so happy to have worked with you all. Thank you for being such great vendors!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Dear Jessica,
    Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful photos with us! It brings us so much joy! We loved working with you, and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your wedding flowers!

June · Married on 09/15/2018

When I was thinking about flowers, I knew I wanted to minimize my environmental footprint and buy green and local. Lucky for me, Local Color Flowers, is a preferred florist of the venue I chose. They are local to Baltimore and source their flowers from family farms and gardens within an average of 50 miles of their workshop. This means none of the flowers are shipped in an airplane nor are they chemically preserved!

Ellen Frost, the founder, is absolutely wonderful to work with. She loves what she does and loves working with her clients, and both are evident in every meeting you have with her. She is all smiles and is passionate about flowers and helping you formulate / articulate your vision.

If you have something specific in mind, they have look-books by season and month so you can see what kind of flowers and foliage are available during the month of your wedding. These are also available on their Pinterest page.

I had a very loose idea of what I wanted because I didn’t have “wedding colors” and only had a matron of honor. What I did know is that I like wild foliage, interesting flowers, and unruly (non-uniform) arrangements – no fragile flowers please.

Well, Ellen and her team knocked it out of the park! All of the flowers were stunning! We had 2 large ceremony arrangements, 2 bouquets, 2 wrist corsages, a number of centerpieces varying in size and extra bits for the wedding cake.

I can’t say enough good things about Ellen and the Local Color flower team!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Hi June,
    We appreciate your feedback so much! We're so happy that you chose to use local flowers for your wedding! We absolutely loved getting to know you during the planning process, and are thrilled to hear that we were able to help bring your vision to life!

Sarah · Married on 09/15/2018

I'm obsessed with LoCoFlo!

My husband and I didn't want to go overboard with flowers - we really only wanted flowers for us, the attendants and our family, as well as a few small arrangements for the ceremony and main table decor. We decided to hire local color flowers because one of our main values is to support small, local businesses and we loved that Ellen sources all of her flowers within 100 miles of Baltimore (supporting more than 1 local business!). She was so easy to work with and provided great suggestions to us as we had very little 'vision' outside of the colors we chose. She has a stringent process that she follows with check-ins leading up to the wedding and I loved how her team was so on top of communicating with us and checking in throughout the wedding planning process. I also liked that we didn't have to pick out specifically what flowers we wanted - we just had to trust her and her team with what was available that week and they did an amazing job! We will definitely visit the studio sometime to pick up more flowers :) I highly recommend Ellen and her team!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Hi Sarah,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience using Local Color Flowers as your wedding florist! We love connecting with couples who value supporting our local economy. Thank you for choosing to make a difference in our community and environment with your wedding flowers!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/01/2018

I had a wonderful experience working with Carling and the team at Local Color Flowers. We called a week before the wedding and Carling and team were friendly, responsive, helpful, and able to work within our tight deadline. They quoted us for a bridal bouquet, 3 bridesmaid bouquets and one boutonniere and even adjusted the quote to work within our budget as needed. For a reasonable charge, they promptly delivered the flowers to the site on the day of the wedding in beautiful glass vases filled with fresh water to keep the flowers looking their best.

Sent on 09/21/2018

Local Color Flowers's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share you experience using Local Color Flowers for your wedding! We're so glad that you were pleased with your wedding flowers. It was a pleasure working with you!

Beth · Married on 08/11/2018

Local Color Flowers was AMAZING to work with!! Their team was kind and efficient, and we always felt they had everything under control. We had a huge wedding (230 people, incl. 17 in the wedding party, separate ceremony/reception), and they aced every decoration correctly and BEAUTIFULLY! When we returned to the church after our honeymoon, the first thing everyone said was "THOSE FLOWERS WERE AMAZING!" I know the "unpredictability" of the in-season flowers might be tough, but Ellen knows her stuff - she aced all the colors and style I wanted, and even got us sunflowers, which I said I loved! It was a fun surprise element, but also so so personalized to us. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Dear Beth,
    Thank you for your kind words! We loved designing the flowers for your wedding - and are so happy that you loved the sunflowers! We always love sneaking in those personalized touches! Thank you for choosing Local Color Flowers!

Joseph · Married on 07/28/2018

My husband and I do not live in Baltimore, but we decided to have our wedding there because many of our closest friends live in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. We learned about Ellen and Local Color Flowers from a good friend in Baltimore. Neither of us had worked with a florist before, but Ellen made us extremely comfortable during the consultation. She asked just the right questions to help us determine what we wanted for our wedding, and she thoughtfully explained her unique and sustainable philosophy. She was thoroughly professional, and she was prompt and organized throughout the entire process. Ellen delivered the arrangements on our wedding day, and their bold delphiniums and zinnias took my breath away. She even went the extra mile to add peacock feathers from a local peacock farmer to each of the centerpieces, and that helped enhance our wedding's theme. Our guests also loved the flowers, and we received multiple compliments about them throughout the evening. Ellen is a true professional and a true artist, and I can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Dear Joseph,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved getting to know you during the planning process, and it was an absolute pleasure to participate in your wedding day. We're thrilled to hear that you loved the flowers. Thank you again for supporting us!

Kate · Married on 06/30/2018

The team at Local Color Flowers is AWESOME! I knew from the beginning I wanted to go local. I had heard about this company long before I was engaged, but had never worked with them before. Ellen and her team make the process so relaxing and fun! We had a nice consultation with Ellen a few months prior to the wedding. She looked at some photos, listened to our preferences, and walked us through some questions to help pull the ideas together. Ultimately, the way this company works, they can't guarantee the exact flowers because they go with whatever is local and in season from their farmers. I was completely okay with this and loved having the surprise the day of ! The bouquets were STUNNING, picking up the corals, and hints of orange to complement the dark teal bridesmaid dresses and our garden wedding! For the centerpieces, i wanted a potted plant - to cut down a little on price, but also so guests could take them home. LoCoFlo allows you to provide your own containers, another cost-saving option. Since they had another wedding the same day, they could not deliver - but we knew this going in. The pick up process was easy. We got so many compliments on the bouquets and especially the centerpieces - oregano, rosemary + some foliage and some coral flowers. So unique and fun! The wrist corsages are also nontraditional - more of a flower-cuff. So cool! And the boutonnieres were perfect - each was a little different, highlighting different flowers from the bouquets, and wrapped in twine. just perfect! thank you!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Dear Kate,
    We loved being part of your wedding! We love the surprise of local flowers, since you never know exactly what you're going to get - and we're happy to hear that you did too! Thank you for trusting us to help bring your vision to life!

Caitlin · Married on 10/14/2017

Wow- Local Flowers went above and beyond to make my wedding day an absolute dream! I spoke with them several times to describe my dream flower arrangement with colors and they could not have delivered a more perfect flower arrangement that was exactly how I described! Everyone was so impressed with the floral arrangement and how beautiful they were. My bridal bouquet and bridesmaids' bouquets were also so stunning! I never stressed about my flowers because I knew that they were being taken care of and in good hands with Local Flowers. Our wedding reception looked like it was out of a fairy tale. THANK YOU so much to all of the staff at Local Flowers- you guys helped make my wedding day my dream!!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Dear Caitlin,
    Thank you for your thoughtful review! We loved helping to bring your Fairy Tale vision to life! It was a pleasure getting to know you - thank you so much for supporting us!

Kaie · Married on 10/08/2017

We knew that Local Color would work with our style immediately... and after our consultation we determined a budget for our ideas that worked all around. The concept of creating with what was local and in-season coupled with aesthetic is what initially drew us to them. We were not disappointed in any way (other than the fact that I decided best not to take any of our bouquets home with me across the country on the plane the next day, totally not their problem though!!). They were highly flexible in terms of planning, communicating by phone, email, and through Pinterest boards to get our look down. They helped coordinate delivery for the event date as well as vase rentals to be returned the next day. My bridal bouquet was made of dreams, and we made sure family and friends took home the bouquets to enjoy. Local Color can certainly give you a great selection across varied budgets. Would use them again and recommend them any day. Thanks again! xoxo

Sent on 12/29/2017

Dear Katie,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved collaborating with you to design the perfect bouquets and flowers for your special wedding day! Hearing that you loved them makes us so happy! All the best for your married future and congratulations! Thank you for choosing Local Color Flowers!

Ashley · Married on 09/23/2017

My wedding flowers were so stunning I actually brought some of them on my honeymoon because I wanted to enjoy them for as long as I could! This company has it down - I knew that I wanted to go with a variety of different colors and types of flowers and they made the process so easy. I searched their instagram pics for ideas and they also have a very helpful Pinterest page. There is a consultation to get started and then a few check in's before the big day. All of the people I dealt with were extremely responsive and detailed. They really care about putting beautiful arrangements together and I feel like I got a lot of value for the cost. I was really pleased with the whole experience and highly recommend this company!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Hi Ashley!
    Hearing that you took some of your flowers on your honeymoon totally made our day! We are so happy to hear that you loved your wedding flowers, because we loved designing them! It was such a pleasure getting to know you through the planning process and we hope to see you again sometime! Congratulations again on your wedding!