18th Street, Suite 246, San Francisco, CA 94110 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 21

About Lily Spruce

Lily Spruce was established in 2009 as a greener answer to wedding planning companies in the Bay Area. We specialize in educating our clients about ways to cut down on waste at their events, such as carpooling to site visits, not printing ceremony programs and menus and composting and recycling at the wedding. We encourage patronizing vendors who practice our values such as recommending caterers who buy local and organic ingredients and maintain green offices.

We have over 40 weddings and non-profit fundraisers under our belts and specialize in outdoor gatherings. We have worked all around the Bay Area at venues such as Healdsburg Country Gardens; Cavallo Point in Sausalito; Krug Winery in St. Helena; Mayacamas Ranch in Calistoga; properties within the San Francisco's Presidio (Fort Mason General's Residence, Golden Gate Club, Presidio Bowl, the Observatory); Point Reyes Seashore Lodge; Pacifica State Beach; Corinithian Yacht Club in Tiburon, and many, many more.

Founder and Principal Genevieve Roja is a seasoned events planner with over 8 years of experience working in special events for non-profits and conference planning. Her team is comprised of assistant coordinators who have planned destination weddings in Hawaii, worked for the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce and have extensive backgrounds in marketing, hospitality, meetings and events planning.

Needless to say, you're in GREAT hands!

d251c435a0360f3b 1362437356942 ScreenShot20130227at2 25 47PM
Photo by Adi Nevo Photograps.
Services Rendered: Month Of + Day Of Planning. Photo by Christina Richards. Flowers by Studio Choo.
Services Rendered: Month Of + Day Of Planning. Location: White Barn in Glen Ellen, Calif.
Escort card display. Servies rendered: Month Of + Day Of Planning at private residence in...
Fundraiser for Center for Land-Based Learning. Location: CLBL in Winters, CA. Services Donated: Day...
Wedding reception at Cavallo Point in Sausalito, CA.
Wedding reception at Cavallo Point in Sausalito, CA.
Long table setting
Long table setting
My client, a visual merchandiser/designer at Gap, borrowed dress forms to showcase the wedding...
Wedding3
Couple kissing
Couple kissing
Outdoor reception setup
Outdoor reception setup
Wedding at Golden Gate Club in San Francisco, CA. Services Rendered: Month Of + Day Of Planning +...
Wedding at Krug Winery in St. Helena, CA. Services rendered: Full Wedding Planning + Design.
Photo: Juliette Tinnus. Location: Krug Winery. Full wedding planning + design services: Lily Spruce....
d251c435a0360f3b 1362437356942 ScreenShot20130227at2 25 47PM

• Videos 1

10 Reviews for Lily Spruce

Kevin · Married on 10/17/2015

Genevieve and her assistant coordinator Jessica booked me as a guitarist for one of their weddings, so I thought it would be a good idea to give a review from the standpoint of a vendor. Besides all of the wonderful things I heard about Lily Spruce from the Bride/Groom/Guest about how "perfect" everything went, I noticed some things that set their service apart from others:
    - Genuinely friendly and enthusiastic customer service skills
    - Quick responses and very clear communication
    - Detailed timelines regarding rehearsals and day of
    - Ability to deal with high stress environments in relaxed manner, which kept clients/ vendors calm and everything running smoothly

From a vendor standpoint:
    - Everything was incredibly clear (Vendors were CCed with copies of the timelines)
    - They made sure that they knew what was happening on my end
    - The day of, Genevieve and Jessica introduced themselves and made sure that I felt comfortable asking them about anything I might need
    - Genevieve's "One Thumb/Two Thumb" system gives really clear cues during the ceremony

I have already recommended them to my engaged friends and would do the same to anyone looking for a wedding/event/party planner!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Sonia · Married on 05/17/2014

Genevieve was a dream, and if I had to plan my wedding again I wouldn't hesitate at all to hire her!

We had hired a different wedding planner, but she went awol and we were only 5 months from our date with nothing in place except for a reception venue. I was panicking big time. My (now) husband did a bit of research and found Lily Spruce and set up an interview with Genevieve right away. We could tell from our first meeting with her that she was calm, confident, professional, and totally capable of pulling our wedding off, so we hired her for the full service planning. And I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief. Genevieve was extremely responsive, she reliably met with us every few weeks and was quick on emails. She always had lots of vendor options for us based on our discussions about our likes and dislikes, and she attended all our vendor meetings and walk throughs with us. She walked us through many of the little details I wouldn't have thought of, and made sure to try and incorporate all our ideas. Even when there seemed like there might be some snags, she never once seemed phased, which is exactly what I needed. Plus she's just a down to earth, cool person, and was so so easy to get along with.

My wedding day was such a blur, but looking back on it I'm so happy how it all turned out. And I have heard from all my guests that it was truly unique and amazing. I'm so glad we had Genevieve to help us pull together our vision for our wedding.

Sent on 07/06/2014

amanda · Married on 08/03/2013

I don't even know where to start my (new) husband and I are still on cloud 9 and I have to say we owe most of it to the amazing Genevieve! Our wedding was at the Rengstorff house in Mountain view. From the day I began working with Genevieve she made me feel calm cool collected and most of all confident, confident that all my visions would come to life on our special day. Not only did they come to life.. They surpassed our wildest dreams! The decor and coordination of the day was flawless I can honestly say there was not one hiccup or one thing that even went the slightest wrong. Genevieve was in charge from start to finish and made sure the day was perfect when I said bye to her at the end of the night I was in tears (this is coming from a extreme control freak that takes nothing less then perfection my husband was actually terrified for whom even i hired) because I was so thankful to her we feel like we could never repay her for making our day perfect. Thank you Genevieve you are truly a class act and I wish you all the success in the world because you truly deserve it!

Sent on 01/06/2014