Alexandria & Company

121 South Royal, Alexandria, VA 22314 Map · Phone number

About Alexandria & Company

Owned and operated by Tim Shaheen and Meaghan Foran, our tiny shop is not your typical jewelry or antique store.

Our workshop was started by a world-class Hungarian silversmith in 1968, and we maintain the same philosophy of enduring craftsmanship with our practice today. Our on-site workshop houses our small but mighty team of goldsmiths, silversmiths, polishers, and apprentices. We are craftsmen (and women) trained at the bench, bringing a hands-on approach to our practice.

We offer full design and repair services for jewelry and silver holloware. If you're looking for something custom, our design team can create your treasure by hand or using 3D CAD design technology so that you can see the final piece to the end. We work to create and restore beautiful pieces that can be worn, used, and passed on to the next generation.

Our showroom always features a curated collection of fine vintage and antique engagement style rings. We specifically source diamond, sapphire, and ruby rings from the Edwardian and Art Deco periods. Complementary resizing is available in our on-site workshop for all of our showroom rings.

Visit our website to learn more about what makes us different, or schedule a consultation today. We are looking forward to meeting you and showing you the Alx&Co. way!

Follow Alexandria & Company on

Custom Designed Ruby Rng
Custom Designed Ruby Rng
Antique Diamond & Sapphire
Antique Diamond & Sapphire

10 Reviews for Alexandria & Company

Kasey · Married on 10/02/2017

Tim at Lawrence Miller is fantastic! An absolute pleasure to work with and helped me figure out exactly what I wanted for my rings. He created 2 custom pieces, a diamond ring and a wedding band, for me and I get sooo many compliments on them!! He also helped my fiance figure out what the best ring for him would be as a bike mechanic. I cannot say enough good things about LMC.

katie · Married on 03/18/2017

Tim Shaeen at Lawrence D Miller & Co will help you build the ring of your dreams at any budget! The customization rates were better than any and he will design a setting for you even if he doesn't help you find your diamond. My fiance shopped around but found the best price for the diamond through LDM&Co. They designed the ring with input from my sister in law and made many changes until it was perfect. My ring is gorgeous and one of a kind. you MUST go to them! I have sent friends to them for years and everyone loved the experience, the end product and the price!

My fiance worked with Tim to design a beautiful ring that I STILL cannot stop staring at. I didn't know what I wanted for an engagement ring, but found a photo of a vintage ring that caught my eye. I showed it to my fiance and then forgot about it. He also loved the design and worked with Tim to design a custom ring inspired by that design...just in time to fly to Spain where he proposed to me. After a few visits to other jewelers who were pushy and made him feel uncomfortable about not buying a "big enough" diamond, the folks at Lawrence Miller got him excited about buying a ring again. I instantly felt the kindness of the staff when I walked in the door to have my ring resized.

Alexandria & Company FAQ

• Which of the following services do you offer? Appraisal, Cleaning, Diamond Certification, Ring Sizing, Shipping
  • What kind of jewelry do you offer? Antique Accessories, Antique Engagement Rings, Antique Wedding Bands, Custom Accessories, Custom Engagement Rings, Custom Wedding Bands, Handcrafted, Loose Diamonds, Ring Setting
  • What is your average turnaround time for an engagement ring? 5-6 weeks