121 South Royal, Alexandria, VA 22314 Map · Phone number

About Alexandria & Company

Owned and operated by Tim Shaheen and Meaghan Foran, our tiny shop is not your typical jewelry or antique store.

Our workshop was started by a world-class Hungarian silversmith in 1968, and we maintain the same philosophy of enduring craftsmanship with our practice today. Our on-site workshop houses our small but mighty team of goldsmiths, silversmiths, polishers, and apprentices. We are craftsmen (and women) trained at the bench, bringing a hands-on approach to our practice.

We offer full design and repair services for jewelry and silver holloware. If you're looking for something custom, our design team can create your treasure by hand or using 3D CAD design technology so that you can see the final piece to the end. We work to create and restore beautiful pieces that can be worn, used, and passed on to the next generation.

Our showroom always features a curated collection of fine vintage and antique engagement style rings. We specifically source diamond, sapphire, and ruby rings from the Edwardian and Art Deco periods. Complementary resizing is available in our on-site workshop for all of our showroom rings.

Visit our website to learn more about what makes us different, or schedule a consultation today. We are looking forward to meeting you and showing you the Alx&Co. way!

Follow Alexandria & Company on

14 Reviews for Alexandria & Company

• Jessie

Jessie L. · Married on 02/14/2021

Beautiful, unique ring

Meaghan was super helpful assisting us in selecting rings that are perfect for us! I love my engagement ring and band so much! I was so unimpressed visiting many other jewelers and had such an amazing experience at Alx & Co

Sent on 02/23/2021

Alexandria & Company's reply:

Thank you, Jessie! We are so happy you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to see you back soon!
  • Sean

Sean M. · Married on 02/11/2021

Highly recommend Alx&Co for engagement ring

I highly recommend working with Alx&Co to design wedding bands and custom jewelry based on multiple extremely positive experiences. I most recently worked with Tim, Meaghan and the Alx&Co team to design a custom engagement ring. Tim and Meaghan were very easy to work with. They were responsive and so insightful. I will continue to encourage friends and colleagues to start with Tim and Meaghan for all jewelry projects.

Sent on 11/30/2019
  • Katie

Katie S. · Married on 12/31/2020

Can't Recommend enough!

I sought out a jeweler in Alexandria, VA to help me redesign a family ring. My grandfather recently passed away; and my grandmother gifted me her engagement ring from him after I got engaged. I immediately knew that I wanted to redesign it into my wedding band; but it was a little tough because I treasured the ring so much. My first meeting with Meaghan to discuss the design was so easy - I really had no clue what I wanted, I'd never redesigned or had custom jewelry made before. Meaghan immediately came up with an idea and she made me feel so at ease entrusting her and Tim with my grandmother's ring. Within 4 weeks, I had a CAD drawing of the design, and 4-5 weeks later I picked up my ring. It goes so flawlessly with my engagement ring that all my friends say it looks like a set. I couldn't be happier with the ring, but I knew I would love it all along. Meaghan, Tim, and Ana will all make you feel comfortable and you can trust them with your big projects!

Sent on 10/21/2020

Alexandria & Company FAQ

• Which of the following services do you offer?
    Appraisal
    Cleaning
    Diamond Certification
    Ring Sizing
    Shipping
  • What kind of jewelry do you offer?
    Antique Accessories
    Custom Wedding Bands
    Handcrafted
    Loose Diamonds
    Ring Setting
  • What is your average turnaround time for an engagement ring?
    5-6 weeks

• 121 South Royal Alexandria, District of Columbia, 22314 See on map
    Wednesday - Saturday: 12-6pm
    Location of (Alexandria & Company)