400 N. Wells Street, Chicago, IL 60654 Map · Phone number

main dining room

• Videos 1

4 Reviews for Kinzie Chophouse

Karen · Married on 10/25/2014

The food and the service at this venue were both exceptional. They have a lovely space that allowed us to have a private function within the restaurant.

Katie · Married on 06/21/2014

My wedding reception was held at Kinzie Chophouse on June 21, 2014. I haven't even left for my honeymoon yet, and I had to sit down to write this review! We worked with their excellent Director of Operations and Events, Tionna Van Gundy from the start, and I have to say, you are getting a bargain with Tionna! Her expertise makes all the difference in planning your event. She listened to what we wanted – our budget, the size (70 guests) and needs of our party, and every crazy idea we came up with along the way. In addition. through Tionna we were referred to two other excellent vendors, the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza, where our ceremony was held and our guests stayed, and Anthony Gowder Designs who made the most beautiful bouquet I've ever seen!

Flash forward to the reception and everything was perfect. The restaurant looked beautiful, the staff was WONDERFUL, every last thing was taken care of, down to one of the managers making sure our guests all participated in our polaroid guest book. Upon entering the restaurant I was immediately surrounded by my guests telling me how amazing the appetizers were and that I had to try the wild mushroom and gorgonzola strudel (which you really should try!). All night, people were telling us that this was the best wedding food they'd ever had, how perfect the restaurant was, how much they loved the location and it being such a "Chicago" venue. Tionna and the staff truly went above and beyond create the event we wanted. It was everything that we had hoped for and more, and I could not describe the night less effusively than this. Kinzie Chophouse was the best choice we made in planning our wedding. I can't wait to celebrate our anniversary there from here on out!

Jodi · Married on 04/13/2013

My husband and I married April 13, 2013 at the Assumption Catholic Church located at 323 West Illinois Street and 3 blocks from the Kinzie Chophouse at 400 North Wells Street. We were blessed with the expert and highly knowledgeable Tionna VanGundy, our Wedding Planner and always-there point of contact. From the Executive Chef and Kitchen Staff to the Wait Staff, Bar Staff and hostesses, our reception was exquisite! With the help of this incredible team, including a Pastry Chef, our guests have since raved about the service, the food, the open bar, the ambience and sophisticated, classy venue! We offered a choice of four entrees and guests chose the temperature of their meat onsite. So classy! Also, not once did Tionna force us to use a preferred vendor. And, the ones we chose were welcomed as if they were an old, cherished friend. Our reception was simply elegant and a huge thanks to Tionna, George, Dane, Javier, Cara and Chris (the bride and grooms dedicated waiter). We were thrilled with everything and so were our guests. To this day, we are greeted with welcoming smiles every time we walk by or stop in! Our wedding was for a group of 75. And, it was gorgeous.

Kinzie Chophouse FAQ

• What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 130
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 4
  • Describe your venue: Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Reception, Bridal Shower, Engagement Party
  • What event services do you offer? Event Planner, Lighting / Sound