Kemble Inn

2 Kemble Street, Lenox, New York, Ma 01240 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Deals 1

About Kemble Inn

Kemble Inn is an historic Gilded Age mansion located in the heart of The Berkshires. Our stylish event spaces combine classic glamour with modern design. Have your first look on our grand staircase. Say “I do” overlooking our stunning view of the Berkshire mountains. Host cocktail hour throughout the mansion’s cozy main floor, veranda, and blue stone patio. Enjoy a tented dinner and celebration on our expansive back lawn.

On June 26, 2015, the U.S. Supreme Court declared same-sex marriage legal nation-wide. We have been hosting LGBT weddings for many years previous, and as an LGBT-owned business, we are excited that the entire country has joined in celebrating all unions.

Facilities and Capacity

We can host weddings and events year round and can accommodate parties of 10-175.

We host weddings and events for up to 42 guests with a seated dinner in our formal dining room. Complete with a wood burning fireplace and a picture window that displays a gorgeous vista of The Berkshire Mountains, the dining room is the perfect location for an intimate and memorable wedding.

For parties of 43-100 we are able to host a cocktail style reception throughout the mansion's main floor. Your guests can mingle throughout the main lobby lit with Swarovski crystal chandeliers, the cozy piano lounge, and the recently renovated stylish Green Room bar.

For parties of 43-175 we can host a charming cocktail hour throughout the mansion, and a seated dinner on our spacious tent site.

From November-April we host intimate gatherings of 42 and under in our dining room, and cocktail style parties of 43-100 throughout the mansion. Kemble Inn is a beautiful backdrop for a winter or early-Spring, Berkshires wedding.

For parties of 42 and under our onsite food and beverage operation, Table Six Restaurant, will provide a custom dining experience for your guests. For sit-down dinners for larger parties we recommend that you work with one of our talented catering partners.

Accommodation

We require the rental of our 9 guest rooms to ensure that our complete focus is on you and your guest’s comfort for your whole wedding weekend. Your mansion buy out gives you exclusive use of the inn. We can host up to 22 of your closest family and friends.

Our nine guest rooms mix offerings of steam showers, deep luxurious bathtubs, working wood-burning fireplaces, heated bathroom floors, fine linen, and considered lighting.

History

The property at 2 Kemble Street, now the Kemble Inn, was built between 1881 and 1886 by the Frelinghuysen family of New Jersey, whose patriarch, Frederick T., was the Secretary of State in the Chester A. Arthur administration. The house was like many others in the area that were referred to by their owners as a summer “cottage”.

After many years as a private residence the house was donated by Mrs. Charles F. Bassett and referred to as Bassett Hall, serving as a boy's prepatory school dormitory. In 1993 the property was converted to an inn. The current owners purchased the property in June of 2010 and begun a significant transformation and renovation.

Location

Perfectly positioned between the Berkshire Mountains and Lenox Village you’re either steps away from the the town’s charms or a “million miles away from everywhere”. Enjoy the downtown shops and cultural attractions in addition to the gorgeous country views and endless hiking & outdoor activities. We will be there every step of the way to ensure that you and your guests are having the best weekend ever!

Fireside

Kemble Inn 4
Kemble Inn 5
Kemble Inn 6
Kemble Inn 7

My fiance and I looked at the Inn to host our wedding. The inn is cool and chic! It has beautiful picture window in the back room that looks out over the huge yard! Ultimately, we decided to go with a different venue based on the number of guests we had. Jessica, the coordinator, is very quick to respond! She was extremely sweet and accommodating. I wish I could have worked with Jessica more!

• Emily

Emily · Married on 09/19/2015

Gorgeous Inn, Incredible staff

I cannot speak highly enough about my experience with the Kemble Inn. When we were touring the Berkshires looking for a venue I knew that I wanted a place that didn't require me to bring every piece into in order to create my dream wedding. The Kemble Inn was our last stop and my jaw dropped when I walked through the front door. First of all, the curb appeal of the Inn is amazing. I could immediately imagine my guests walking from the ceremony venue and being wowed as they came around the corner and saw the grand home. Walking inside took my breath away. It is basically my fantasy home- The furnishings are so meticulously designed and so lovingly arranged. Not a single pillow looked out of place but somehow it's not the least bit stuffy. The clincher for me was the winding staircase and teal wall and dramatic crystal chandelier. I immediately knew this was where I was going to get married and I just hoped that the management would match the aesthetic perfection. I was not disappointed. Scott, the owner, and Ron the chef are two of the most professional, detail and quality oriented people I have ever worked with. My husband is a big cook so we knew that the food being good was a major priority. Not having to work with a separate caterer alone was worth it-- but then we tried the food and it was incredible? I really couldn't believe it. Three years later and people still talk to me about the crab-cakes! (And mosts of our guests were either Alaskan or Rhode Islanders so they have very exacting seafood standards!) We had about 150 people at the wedding and were nervous that it would be too small for a sit down reception- Scott and Ron gave us the brilliant idea to have it all be passed plates and a carving station. SO MANY people commented to us that that was their favorite aspect- Not having to be stuck at a table made it feel more like a party and people were able to hang outside by the fire pit, on the veranda, or explore the main floors. The guest rooms are gorgeous, I had a soaking tub in mine and my mom had a steam shower in hers. They were a gorgeous backdrop for the "getting ready" photos. Finally, the staff was unreal- Our guests that stayed at the Inn were so taken care of and the reception guests said that there were never lines at the bar and everyone went above and beyond to make them feel welcome. The staff was not big, but during the weekend it felt like there were three times as many people working because everyone was so responsive and on top of every job and request. I just felt like I didn't have to worry about anything the entire weekend. When the toasts started, there was Scott with a bottle of champagne and glasses, when the band arrived the whole staff got them set up on the staircase (another amazing idea from Kemble--made it feel like a concert), and the decor of the Inn was exactly what I would have designed-but I didn't have to lift a finger or buy too many flowers! The art, the furniture, and the colors are the perfect mix of hip and historic. I wanted the day to be memorable, colorful, sophisticated, and low key. Kemble delivered on all of these.

Kemble Inn 8
    Kemble Inn 19
    Kemble Inn 20
    Kemble Inn 21

Kemble Inn FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 1,500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 1,500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Parking
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 175
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 10
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building, Hotel, Mansion
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Catering Services, Get Ready Rooms, Wifi
  • What months are included in your peak season? May, June, September, October
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, April, November, December

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Kemble Inn 1
    May-June Weddings & Accomodations Packages

May & June 2019 Wedding Package

Host your Spring wedding at Kemble Inn!

Package Includes:

• %15 off of wedding site fee.
    • 2 night mansion buy-out at $3900 per night. Includes 9 rooms. Host up to 22 of your closest friends and family!
    • Option to extend the buy-out to Thursday or Sunday at 50% off.
    • $1000 food & beverage credit towards a welcome reception, rehearsal dinner, post wedding brunch, or guests’ drinks on arrival.

May & June 2019 Wedding Accommodations Package

Getting married at one of the other beautiful venues in the Berkshires? Let us provide the lodging at a discounted rate!

Package Includes:

• Option to extend the buy-out to Thursday or Sunday at 50% off.

• Lenox, New York, 01240 See on map
    413 637 4113 (Phone number)
  • Lenox, New York, 01240 See on map