5011 Shady Nook Court, Houston, TX 77018 Map · Phone number

About Kelly Doonan Events

Based in Houston, Texas, Kelly Doonan Events is a boutique event planning and design firm specializing in creating unforgettable events. Our focus is to understand and produce your vision through dedication, organization and meticulous coordination. We have the skills and expertise to turn your ideas into reality while simplifying the planning process for you. Every event is different and we bring a creative and fresh perspective to ensure that your event is flawless.

Kelly Doonan Events offers full service event design and planning as well as wedding day coordination, decor installation and styling, hourly consultation and inspiration boards.

Follow Kelly Doonan Events on

f1e48a773ec08800 1426719111630 i d4c3rrf x2

6 Reviews for Kelly Doonan Events

• Kathy

Kathy Nguyen · Married on 08/31/2019

The sweetest and best planner!

Kelly is the type of person where the first meeting feels like a friend you’ve known for many years. When we had our initial meeting, Kelly was so prepared and professional, I just knew she would be someone to trust. I immediately felt comfortable working with her. Little did I know how amazing she is! She kept us organized, eased my mind when I had my pre-wedding freak outs, and was always a text away. Not only was she our wedding planner, she became a friend that I absolutely relied on from the get go. She always answered promptly and there was nothing she did not have an answer to. We are so appreciative for everything Kelly helped with, and she absolutely went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day went smoothly. I can truly say I was not worried at all on our wedding day because I knew she was on it. No wonder why she came highly suggested by some of the best vendors in the wedding business. She’s the sweetest and so fun to work it. I cannot thank her enough for everything she did for us! We loved all the Sparkle and Shine!!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah McCleery · Married on 08/04/2018

Life Savor

Kelly was a total life savor! Our previous (non-professional) wedding planner backed out at the last second after realizing being a day of coordinator was too much for her to handle. Our photographer recommended Kelly and it was a blessing in disguise. We hired her three days prior to our wedding so there was a lot to do within a short amount of time. Kelly and I spent countless hours chatting on the phone (I live out of town), sometimes until 1AM, catching her up to speed. Her dedication to our wedding was apparent, working long days and nights to master a full day event from top to bottom.
    On multiple occasions she caught little details that weren't account for. In those three days she read every vendor contract, was in full communication with them, and put together our extensive timeline. She was at my parent's house bright and early on our wedding day where I met her for the first time. I truly felt like I had an assistant, which was amazing because she made our day stress free and we were able to enjoy everything about that day. Kelly did all of the thinking for us - who was taking our stuff from point A to B from B to C, keeping everyone on schedule, handing out tips, problem solving, ect. Throughout the day she was very attentive to how I was feeling and how she could make it better. She really hustled and grinded for John and I when she wasn't able to attend the ceremony so she could help set up at the reception. My only regret is not hiring her from the beginning. We will always remember Kelly as the one who made our wedding perfect. I will forever love her sweet self for that!

Sent on 11/29/2018

I could not have asked for a better experience with Sparkle and Shine! Kelly was attentive and went above and beyond her duties from the first day we hired her. She made the day of and the weeks leading up to the wedding a breeze and as stress free as possible for me. She handled all delivery times and worked with my vendors so I could focus on celebrating. I highly recommend Kelly and her team to handle your event!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Kelly Doonan Events FAQ

• Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Cultural
    Destination
    Elopement
    Eco-Friendly
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

• Waters Edge Venue Banquet Halls

Sparkle and shine works one on one with brides to make their unique wedding vision come to life. They are the perfect match for the details oriented bride.

• 5011 Shady Nook Court Houston, TX, 77018 See on map
    Location of (Kelly Doonan Events)