Ballwin, MO 63021 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $4,900
Availability Check your date

About Keith Lee Studios

We are a different husband and wife team… how so?

He (aka Keith)

• Is born and raised Canadian (eh?) and originally from Montreal where the people speak French, very liberal and eat poutine (you know, fries with cheese curds and gravy?).
  • Was an artist and grew up drawing comic book characters on any piece of scrap paper he could find instead of listening in high school.
  • Is a third degree black belt in karate but you don't have to call me Sensei (we can break some boards together).
  • Is an automotive enthusiast and a loyal fan of Honda + Acura (we might have 5 cars in our driveway right now).
  • Started the photography thing by photographing cars and motorsports.
  • Started portrait photography thanks to the encouragement and help of Ali (aka the wife) and friends.
  • Married his best friend in June 2011 and still considers himself a newlywed.
  • Became a father to one of the cutest babies evar on February 1st, 2014.
  • Is now into his third full season of documenting beautiful people and weddings.

She (aka Ali)

• Was born in Dallas, TX and lived there for the first seven years of her life. Parents moved family back to St. Louis where her entire family lives. Has lived there ever since!
  • Has an unhealthy obsession with shoes and the color pink.
  • Was a "band nerd" and competitive figure skater throughout her younger years. Guess you could say she has a flair for the arts.
  • Met her husband when she joined a local car club. Which evolved into a love for driving and teaching at local road course driving events.
  • Stumbled into her current career as a Makeup Artist when she realized people would actually pay her to beautify them. When Keith's photography career took off, so did her career as a Makeup Artist thanks to the strong encouragement of her wonderful husband.
  • Has no formal training in makeup….graduated from Mizzou with a Bachelors of Science in Biology. M-I-Z….!!!
  • Married the best friend she's ever had on June 11, 2011.
  • Gave birth to THE cutest baby ever, after a complicated and scary delivery, on February 1, 2014. Counts her blessings every single day.
  • Has collected Precious Moments figurines and ornaments since her grandma started giving them to her as a newborn…her husband thinks these are highly creepy. Has an entire separate [pink] Christmas tree dedicated for the Precious Moments.

Together we make a great team that focuses on creating and capturing timeless moments in creative and different ways instead of taking the 'traditional' type pictures. We consider ourselves outgoing, fun and open minded. If you are similar in mind and looking for a portrait photographer get in touch with us and let's capture some great moments together.

Keith + Ali

klsgreensquare
emilytaylorwedding0001

23 Reviews for Keith Lee Studios

Kim · Married on 07/22/2016

We had the opportunity to book Keith and Ali Lee for our wedding photographer after seeing their work for a close friend's wedding. We had a lot of options to go with for our own wedding but once we saw his work, it was a no-brainer. Keith has an eye for photography. He is so creative in his shots.

We also did our engagement photos with them, which was at the location where we got engaged, Westover Farms in Steelville, MO. It was a bucolic setting with nature all around with a river running through it. We have been there so many times for fly fishing trips and have taken countless pictures at this location. Never could we have imagined what came from Keith's camera. The colors, the angles, the way he was able to capture images was most impressive. Keith is a professional for a reason and worth every penny!

We knew that we wanted to make sure our wedding would be captured in a special way because, as much of a whirlwind our wedding day was, we will always have these pictures. We flew Keith and Ali out to Vail, CO and the venue for our wedding was Piney River Ranch. Already a beautiful setting, we knew they would be able to capture it in an even more beautiful way. We had rain during the ceremony, hail during the reception, moose that showed up and a rainbow once the rain stopped. We can't wait to see how they captured all of these aspects of what was such a special day for us. We got one "teaser" photo and it is a breathtaking shot of us at a distance with clouds in the background....truly on "Cloud 9"! Keith and Ali are true professionals and we will continue to work with them for any and all of our photo needs.

Ali also did Kim's hair and makeup for our wedding and she looked AMAZING! All around, we can't give them a recommendation with high enough conviction, they are that good! It may sound like we are embellishing or exaggerating our experience, but honestly, it was even better than we can put into words!

Sent on 08/25/2016

I'm going to reveal my crazy by admitting I knew I wanted Keith to shoot my wedding before being engaged. And man, am I glad I did! From the get go, he was amazing to work with. He was ready to get down and dirty--climbing fences, getting bit up by mosquitos and walking through overgrown brush just for the sake of getting some amazing photos during our engagement session. And the wedding day!? Not only did he get some amazing shots, but I actually just enjoyed their company on that day. Ali did an amazing job on my makeup as well as rocking it as second shooter. What an amazing team, in life and business! I would definitely recommend them for friends and family a like. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Jeff · Married on 08/21/2015

Jeeze, where to begin... My wife came across Keith while searching for photogs for our wedding, which was Aug. 21, 2015. Photography was one of our top 3 items. As soon as she showed me Keith's first few photos, I was pretty much sold. When I imagine stellar wedding photos and everything that goes into them (the time, the effort, the money, etc.), the type of work that Keith does is what I picture and what I expect. We knew he had to be our guy. Keith met with us, shortly after booking him, to discuss what we did and didn't want, some possible shoot locations, show us examples, and we got to know each other a bit as people.

We had our engagement shoot in Sept. 2014 and that got us even more excited to work with him. When the big day finally came, Keith brought along his wife (Ali) and Ray Prop to assist (who were also stellar people and a blast to work with). The whole day was really smooth and Keith made it about as stress free as it could get. He and Ray also had no problem putting up with (and contributing to) the still-childish humor of a bunch of 27-36 year olds! Keith works with a quickness and there's really no off position on the idea switch. No matter what the setting, he had some idea for a cool shot and how to go about getting it. He also wasn't overbearing with the camera. He managed to get some great shots that we had no idea he was even taking. Looking back on it, my wife and I don't feel like Keith was just "our wedding photographer", he was PART of our wedding.

We really cannot recommend Keith Lee Studios enough. THIS is what wedding photos should be. In our opinion, no other photographer's photos compare. We've looked at several friends' photos since and we always end up saying, "They look great...but not as good as Keith's".

Keith, Ray, and Ali, thanks for contributing to our day and giving us such a breathtaking product. We hope we can work with you again someday!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Keith Lee Studios FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,600.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,900.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits

• Ballwin, 63021 See on map