Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Katelyn James Photography

Fun, fresh, inspired! Katelyn James Photography is based out of Richmond, VA and is available for Worldwide travel! I love my brides! I love weddings! and I LOVE capturing LOVE!!! For more information and pretty pictures, you can check The Blog! :

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Regions serviced: Richmond

28 Reviews for Katelyn James Photography

Digital Files (3)
Liability Insurance (2)
Albums (2)

Katelyn and her husband, Michael are without a doubt the most amazing photography team. From our first e-mail, they treated us like we were the only couple on their schedule. Our engagement shoot was one of the BEST dates my husband and I have ever had. It doesn't even feel like we were taking pictures. They made our entire family and wedding party comfortable on our big day, and gave us the most beautiful images that will last forever. Cannot recommend Katelyn James Photography enough!!!!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 4/22/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance, Albums, Digital Files

Katelyn's expertise, knowledge, and overall experience for our wedding was beyond anything we could have dreamed of. It was so reassuring entering our wedding day knowing we were working with someone who would capture all of our special moments in a beautiful, joyful, and timeless way. Having Katelyn and Michael there beside us on our big day was one of the most memorable parts of our entire wedding. Everyone was blown away by their professionalism and how fun they were to be around and work with. I can't believe I have such beautiful photos to show my grandchildren decades from now. Katelyn was worth everything we invested and more. She is the truly best of the best!!!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/29/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance, Digital Files

Katelyn James did an amazing job photographing our wedding! She and her husband (who functions as her second shooter) were very fun to work with, and it was very easy to get comfortable around them. She was extremely professional as well, and you can tell that she really knows her stuff. They do an engagement session a few months before the wedding in order to get you comfortable working with them, and these shots looked amazing as well! They kept the timeline very well with our first look and pre-wedding shots, and overall they were just great to work with. Our bridal party loved them too, and felt very comfortable with them. The photos are amazing!

Profile Picture User4649606, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews

18 Photos

Wedding Favorites

18 Photos

3 ENDORSEMENTS
Katelyn is the best in the business! Her photos are colorful, romantic, clean, and attractive, and she possesses such a joyful, exuberant aura. When she walks in the room, she immediately puts everyone at ease (and coming from a fellow wedding vendor, that is a God-send) and is confident and well-trained in her craft!

We most recently had the occasion to work alongside Katelyn at a Congressional County Club wedding. The Hora was a huge part of the festivities - it was lively and crowded and still Katelyn captured the moments in both a gorgeous and authentic way. Her portraits from the evening are dynamic and striking, warm, joyful and amazingly well composed. Definitely some of our favorite wedding shots from this year.

Katelyn takes amazing photo's and is crazy easy to work with. I watched her organize a large bridal party and get photo's in during a short time while the rain had stopped. It was tough day outside for photo's and she made every moment count for that wedding couple. From a DJ point of view Katelyn was easy to work with. Always on top of things. I never had to go hunt for a photographer to get things going for the evening. The next day she had a few photo's already to share with the bride and groom and they were simply amazing. You're in good hands with Katelyn!

Events