Kara McCurdy Photography

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$5,000 Most Popular Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$5,000 Most Popular Price

Hey! You look like somebody that believes that a happy, love-filled marriage is so much more than a beautiful wedding day... although I'll take any excuse to eat cake. My name is Kara, and I'm a traveling wedding and elopement photographer based in New York City (with a passport that goes everywhere).

I believe that photography is more than a vendor to check off your list. I absolutely love connecting with couples on a personal level and getting to know each other throughout the entire planning process. I want to hear all about how you and your fiance met, your dating years, how they proposed, and every single detail for your big day! I'll be there for you from before your wedding even begins, all the way through you busting a move out on the dance floor. So for all those butterfilies that you think can't possibly be captured by a camera- I can do it.

My shooting style is classic + candid, centered on emotions. I'm passionate about retelling couple鈥檚 love stories through my detailed images. I loves the intimate moments, big laughs, and everything in between. I will capture each fleeting look, momentary emotion, and real interaction- naturally, as they occur. You can expect to end up with hundreds of laughing, happiness-ridden, emotion-filled photos, as well as plenty of traditional photos showcasing the beauty of your wedding day.

There is so much joy and excitement in store for you- I can't wait to celebrate along with you! Pop over to my website to find more examples of my work, read blogs filled with photos, and reach out directly through my contact form!

Every wedding package comes with a Pre-Planning Consultation, at least 6 hours of wedding day coverage, a second shooter, and hi-res digital images, fully edited in the Kara McCurdy signaure style and delivered in an online gallery. In addition to booking a wedding photography session, couples can also book a boudoir shoot, engagement shoot, or trash-the-dress shoot. For couples looking for a little extra coverage, Kara does provide additional hours and third shooter options.

Kara McCurdy, owner and photographer, received a BFA from the Savannah College of Art and Design in Photography. While Kara is based in New York, traveling to far off locations to capture couples on their big day is no problem at all for her.

Other options include:

• Hand-bound heirloom albums
  • Acid-free, ready-to-hang canvas
  • Fully edited, hi-res digital files
  • Fine art gicle茅 prints
  • Handmade real wooden frames
  • Save-the-dates
  • Thank-you cards
  • If you can dream it- she can do it (seriously! Put her to the test!)
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$4,200

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

2nd Shooter
One Event / Day
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$5,000

Add'l Hours
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Natural
Photojournalism
Traditional

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Toning
Trash The Dress
Video
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums

Any other questions?

Message vendor

Chloe W. Getting married on 07/01/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Lovely person and lovely pictures!!

We needed a photographer for our engagement pictures in NYC, and we could not have picked a better person than Kara! She was so accomodating, made us feel comfortable and was prompt with the picture deivery. Above all, the pictures were absolutely beautiful!!! We definitely recommend if you are looking for an amazing, reasonably-priced photographer in the NYC area.
  • Niki
    Niki C. Married on 06/11/2022

She was awesome

Words cannot describe how awesome Kara is! Our first meeting with Kara, we knew we found the perfect photographer for our wedding. She was very attentive during our first meeting and oriented us to all the details of the days leading to the wedding and wedding day. Kara made us feel comfortable with the whole process so that we knew exactly what to expect. Our conversations and the question we were asked allowed Kara to understand our interests and what we were looking for in our photos. Such a great relationship working with Kara, she made our whole photography experience great and it was so fun working with her!! She made sure we were able to get shots of everything we wanted and made the whole process feel stress free. Kara is AMAZING!! Would 10000% recommend her and already recommended her to all our friends =)
  • illustration stars

37 photos 路 05/03/2019

Pricing

New Paltz New Paltz, NY, 12561
4199539205
Location of (Kara McCurdy Photography)

Kara McCurdy Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Kara McCurdy Photography include in the starting price?

Kara McCurdy Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • One Event / Day
  • Digital Files

What photography services does Kara McCurdy Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Kara McCurdy Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • Add'l Hours
  • Digital Files

What photography styles does Kara McCurdy Photography offer?

Kara McCurdy Photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Contemporary
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism
  • Traditional

What photography services does Kara McCurdy Photography offer?

Kara McCurdy Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Toning
  • Trash The Dress
  • Video
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Kara McCurdy Photography offer for wedding events?

Kara McCurdy Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Prints
  • Proofs
  • Save the Date

What percentage of users recommend Kara McCurdy Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Kara McCurdy Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Westchester for your wedding