Kara McCurdy Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

S J Getting married on 05/20/2022

Engagement shoot

Kara was extremely wonderful to work with. She was quick to respond and flexible when we had to reschedule the first time due to inclement weather. During the shoot, she was a natural at making us feel comfortable and incorporated everything we wanted. Her photos are beautiful and warm and everything I could have hoped for.
    Kara K. Getting married on 10/16/2021

Hire Kara immediately.

Oh my gosh, we can’t sing Kara’s praises enough. Truly. My fiancée found her through an Instagram hashtag while looking for photographers for our engagement shoot in Brooklyn. We were immediately drawn to Kara’s vibrant and magnetic personality which comes through so clearly in both her work and in her online presence. It was a non-negotiable for us to hire a photographer who prioritizes diversity and inclusivity and it was obvious that Kara shares these same values. Her portfolio captures every kind of love—celebrating couples of all races, genders, sexualities, shapes and sizes. Neither of us love getting our picture taken, so we were initially a bit anxious for this shoot but Kara made us feel comfortable, safe, and confident in front of the camera almost instantly. We were totally in love with her energy and vibe, a perfect match for us— bubbly, easygoing, and a little bit silly! Kara is not only wildly talented but she is genuine, supportive, and so so much fun. She has an absolutely infectious personality and shine that just makes you want to be around her. I’m not kidding you when I say I want her as my new best friend. OH, and of course we are over the moon with how our photos turned out— Kara killed it. If we didn’t already have a wedding photographer we would hire her in a heartbeat, but we are certainly planning to book her for other future photography needs. Kara is the best of the best. Book her immediately.
  • Anna
    Anna G. Married on 09/11/2021

Couples Photoshoot and then Elopement

**Updating my review because Kara also shot our elopement!**
    We are so beyond happy that we booked Kara as our wedding photographer!
    When COVID 19 happened and we didn't know what will happen to our wedding, Kara was very professional and made sure to keep in touch with us. She was also very flexible and understanding, since our plans changed a couple of times during the course of the pandemic (went from full wedding, to downsized, then to an elopement all together).
    During this difficult time she was always excited about our event and that excitement was comforting and contagious. Thank you Kara!
    Needless to say, she met with us before our elopement to discuss what photo moments were most important to us, she also sent us a thorough questionnaire to fill out. So that she knows exactly what shots we wanted.
    On the day of our wedding she was professional, on time and cheery as ever! She was also very helpful since I didn't have anyone there to help me get ready.
    She made the whole process feel natural and comfortable. We had such a great time that we almost lost track of time!
    You really want a vendor who is just as excited as you about your special day, and Kara is definitely that person! She was so excited to edit the photos, we had some sneak peeks from her in literally hours after our ceremony! How amazing is that!? Not to mention all of them turned out gorgeous! The composition and story telling of these photos perfectly capture our relationship in our favorite city :)
    Highly recommend!

We got lucky and won a mini session with Kara!
    She was super flexible on scheduling the date, sent a very professional breakdown of our mini session , and helped us come up with a fun theme for the shoot! We ended up doing a pizza and beer picnic in the park.
    The shoot was super fun and natural. She has a great eye for composition and is great at suggesting poses that feel natural and look great in photos. Kara made us laugh so much during the shoot and kept up the conversation that whole time we didn’t even notice that our time was up!

She was just as excited about our shoot as we were and just in few days we had our photos!
    We were so happy with the results and her customer service, that we decided to book her for our wedding!
  • Mary
    Mary K. Married on 02/27/2021

Amazing, incredible, best photographer ever!

Kara is AMAZING!! I personally know her from college and have followed her work for years. When I got engaged I KNEW I wanted her to photograph my wedding. I contacted her before I had even booked venue or picked a date. My wedding was based around her availability! She is extremely professional, LOADS of fun and made the day so stress free. All of our guests kept raving about how much they loved Kara and the photos are even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! We will truly cherish them forever. Book Kara & you will NOT regret it!! Easiest decision about the wedding that we made. She even traveled from NYC to Nashville to photograph our day! We will definitely book Kara for future events in our lives and have told everyone about how great she is!
  • Angel
    Angel P. Married on 11/07/2020

I love how every picture tells a story.

Kara knows how to capture portraits and candid moments flawlessly. My husband and I hired Kara for three separate events this year. Each time we have received the photos, we experience a rollercoaster of emotions because the pictures bring us back to the special moments so vividly (i.e., first look, first dance, vow exchange, etc.). On top of that, we cannot decide which photos to print to hang on the walls. From the initial meeting, Kara seemed to understand our vision of the events and she asked relevant questions that helped to expand our ideas. She has been a cheerleader throughout the planning process and has been responsive to our emails. It has been such a pleasure working with her that we would totally hire again for any future events/special moments in our lives.
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca W. Married on 05/09/2020

Talented photographer, Excellent service provider

Kara is not only talented and captured beautiful photos for us, she is so fun to work with. I really appreciated her attention to detail and guidance in the planning process. We made the tough decision to get married this Spring, early in the pandemic, and Kara was so understanding and helpful. She made things work for us so photography was one less thing we had to worry about, which is a huge deal for a corona bride! Her support for us during that time meant a lot and was a huge contribution to making our day go smoother. We are so happy with our decision. Kara is not only an excellent photographer, but an all around great service provider.
  • Lina
    Lina M. Married on 04/04/2020

Amazing Photographer

Kara shot our engagement photos, she did an incredible job giving us direction and she is a great storyteller. We love the photos, I would recommend her to anyone.
    Liz N. Married on 02/09/2020

Simply the Best

The minute I saw Kara's IG I was interested; and within seconds of meeting her I knew she was the one. I felt like we had a great first date - the kind where you leave and want to text them right away because you've already got something to tell them. We just clicked. From that moment all the way through capturing our wedding she has been amazing - an absolute professional, fun, creative, and responsive. I found her energy very calming on what is a typically crazy/busy day. Within just a couple days she turned around our first look and the results do not disappoint - her work is perfection. She nailed it. I could not be happier, I'd use her again for any and all life's events, and don't hesitate to recommend her highly. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Kara - you are the best! xo
    Ryan S. Married on 12/14/2019

Kara Is amazing!

Kara photographed our engagement as well as our wedding, and made both occasions run so smooth and a stress free. She worked with me and helped me with ideas and planning for the surprise engagement shoot which went perfectly. Not only was it amazing because we got engaged, but she made the entire experience super fun as well. She has a very professional, but relaxed and enjoyable composure to how she manages a photo shoot. She is also a magician with a camera, and turns any backdrop or location into a beautiful and unique photo.

Kara was such a great part of our destination wedding as well. Not only did she keep us calm and stress free in another country, but she did tons of research to find the most beautiful locations possible as well. Just like our engagement, she kept us very calm and stress free while allowing us to have so much fun on this special and jam packed day. She also organized a beautiful and very unique first look that my wife and I agree to be our favorite part of our day. I would recommend Kara to any and everyone that is looking for not only amazing photos but an amazing experience as well.
  • Danielle
    Danielle T. Married on 12/06/2019

Cannot say enough great things about Kara!!

How do I express how fantastic Kara is? Not only did our photos turn out stunning, but she made us feel comfortable and got us to crack a few laughs throughout the day which was so amazing on a day of nerves and lots going on. All our guests made multiple comments on how great she was with everyone, capturing all the fun moments on the dance floor and making sure she got those important shots. She is incredibly organized and made sure she went over what we wanted from our photos multiple times before the big day arrived. I could not be happier about hiring her as our photographer and highly suggest her to anyone looking for the best in photography and personality.
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra Married on 11/18/2019

If you don't book Kara you're doing it wrong

Kara is absolutely incredible--extremely talented, so much fun, very sweet, and super responsive. We had a great first meeting with her, and an even better time on the day of the wedding! We asked for a second shooter as well and they both kept the photo-side of the day moving efficiently and were honest about timelines while fitting in every shot we could possibly want. They always checked in with either my husband and I or our coordinator. We've gotten a pretty sizable amount of sneak-peek photos (which was a pleasant surprise since most couples I know only received 4-5 photos) and are TOTALLY IN LOVE. We are so happy that we decided to book Kara for our wedding, and if you want beautiful photos and a completely seamless photography experience, you'll book her too!
  • U
    Ubyp Married on 07/13/2019

Awesome collaboration - beautiful photos

Kara was AWESOME to work with from the moment I inquired about her services. She answered an abundant amount of questions and never put pressure on us to make a decision or insist on additional products/services. Offering an array of packages and a la carte options to fit what you need for the day. She takes such a personal interest and care, understanding your personalities and wants for the day, and walking you through best options/advice she's encountered already to try to help things run smoothly and manage your expectations. Her photos themselves are natural and beautiful - I think candids are her strong suit: being able to capture true joy, emotion and details during your celebration. I think as she continues to grow as a photographer, her scope of events and coverage will only propel her in capturing more creative candids, posed potraits, and adding to an awesome portfolio. With the amount of care she puts into her work and her clients, you can tell this is her passion and talent!
    Jennifer Married on 06/06/2019
    Kara was God-levels of awesome.
  • Mary
    Mary A. Married on 05/03/2019

Kara is an amazing photographer!

She is accommodating, professional with her work and also super fun. She has this positive and bubbly spirit that is contagious!!!! I love her style.. very warm and rustic. I’m so glad I found her!
    Kimberly E. Married on 08/08/2018

Engagement Photographer

Kara was our dream photographer for our engagement - so much so that we booked immediately for our wedding upon receiving our proofs. She was kind, enthusiastic, and had so much experience that she made us feel natural and completely at ease. I highly recommend her for any special moment you want captured!
    Haylie B. Married on 07/13/2018

Beautiful photography!

Kara did pictures for our Anniversary celebration and they are some of my favorite pictures ever! The session was not only professional but super fun. The organic, almost candid nature of Kara's style makes for photos that look natural, rather than over posed and forced, and that makes the pictures just that much more beautiful. She perfectly captured our love! Would definitely use her services again!!!!