3111 Wyandotte Suite 104, Kansas City, MO 64111 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Kansas City Disc Jockeys

Kansas City Disc Jockey's, Inc is a full service mobile disc jockey company that will make your special event memorable and special. With years of experience and many types of events, our full time staff knows how to customize your event to your needs. With competitive rates for all parties, special day's, corporate parties and more, we make top tier entertainment affordable for everyone to obtain.

No matter what you need a DJ for, we can do it. We know Weddings, Birthdays, Corporate Events, Karaoke parties, and much more. We will provide that professional touch to your event with experienced entertainers that know how to keep your special day or event running smooth without hassles or interruptions.

100x100logo1

2.0
      2.0
      0.0

HORRIBLE!!

Our contact was with Frank Arena, and prior to the wedding we asked for a meeting with him because we were under the impression that he would be our DJ. We filled out all the necessary paperwork (including song choices, names of the wedding party, activities we wished to have at the reception, special announcements, reception itinerary, etc.), made all necessary payments, and when we met with him, felt very comfortable because of everything he told us.

The day of the reception, the DJ was late. Our reception began at 3pm and we were instructed that he would show up 30 minutes early to set up and do sound checks. A young man (we believe to be named Aaron, NOT Frank Arena) showed up at 3:15pm. He proceeded to push the equipment through the middle of the guests, set up, and do sound checks as our guests sipped champagne and ate hors d'oeuvres. We later found that he did not have any necessary paperwork including our wedding party names (including the bride and groom!), itinerary, or the detailed schedule of events that we had reviewed with Mr. Arena. He did not make any announcements through out the entire event on his own, including the first dance (which was to have a special announcement and song- this was thoroughly discussed with Frank Arena at our meeting and noted in our paperwork). My family members had to feed him his lines for each announcement. He did announce our arrival and introduction, but only after my mom had supplied him with the names of the entire wedding party, and then it was spoken so softly that the guests could not hear it. If it weren't for my maid of honor having a copy of the itinerary in her car, we would have had to guess our way through the reception which I took much time organizing and perfecting. The itinerary was most important because it also affected the caterer and reception hall manager. Overall, his performance was extremely unsatisfactory because he was late, unprepared, played the incorrect music, and did not do what a DJ is supposed to do, liven up the party!

The day we returned from our honeymoon, I called to make a complaint and ask for a partial refund. After a few calls, I finally spoke to Amy, who wrote down my complaint and said she would talk to Frank and then give me a call back that afternoon or the next day. I called back when my call was not returned in the allotted time, and I was told once again that Frank would be contacted and that I would get a return call. This happened many times. When I would actually talk to a person, I would be told that Frank would be in the office later that afternoon and would give me a call back. To this day I have not spoken with Frank, except for one day when I believe he answered the phone and posed as another employee. The afternoon of that call I called back and Amy answered the phone. I casually mentioned speaking to someone that morning and she said that it must have been Frank because he had been answering phones all morning. She seemed very confused about the situation.

Finally after speaking with Amy a few times, we agreed that they would return half of my payment ($200). That was what I suggested because I understand they had supplied equipment and a DJ for 3.5 (out of 4) contracted hours. However, they had not successfully done their job and thus a partial return of payment was agreed upon. It has been close to two months since that discussion, and we still have not received our check for $200. I have spoken to Amy two other times after reaching our return agreement, and every time I am told that they "have had a rough month," and that my check will be mailed on "so-and-so" a day. My phone records indicate that I have made 20 phone calls over the past four months to this company and I have NEVER had a call returned or my money refunded. I have only been mislead and lied to.

Sent on 03/19/2008

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Kansas City Disc Jockeys 1
    One Hour Free
    Book any standard 4 hour show with Kansas City Disc Jockeys, and mention this ad on "Wedding Wire" and get a 5th hour free (a $95 value).

• 3111 Wyandotte, Suite 104 Kansas City, 64111 See on map