About Just Marriage

It's not gay marriage. It's not traditional marriage. It's just marriage.

As the name of my business suggests, I am available to provide marriage services to all couples, regardless of gender.  It is not a gay marriage or a traditional marriage.... it is just marriage.  For me, it is also a matter of providing a "just" marriage that is available to all.

I am an ordained minister of the United Church of Christ (www.ucc.org), who also happens to be openly gay.  I was ordained at my home church in Modesto, CA in 2009, prior to moving to Tulsa where I have pastored two different churches, served on the board for three different non-profits, and served as the Executive Director of the Tulsa Interfaith Alliance.  I am working with the City of Tulsa as a member of the steering committee for Compassionate Tulsa.  I am not serving as a local church pastor at this time.

My weddings are personalized to your needs, and are designed to reflect the commitments and relationship of the couple.  I am available to provide guidance and assistance in crafting a service that takes into account the beliefs of the couple, any family arrangements, as well as personal, familial, or community traditions.  As the former Executive Director of the Tulsa Interfaith Alliance, I have experience with a wide array of service types and venues ranging from church-based "traditional" services to outdoor handfastings; weddings with over 100 in attendance, or private ceremonies on the courthouse steps.  I am available to perform legally-recognized unions, as well as unions without legal recognition.

I can perform a quick "justice of the peace" type of ceremony (exchange of vows and, if requested, rings) at any location in Tulsa for $60.  (Other locations are subject to a $0.55/mile mileage charge.)

I can perform a full wedding in the venue of your choice starting at $200.

For a full listing of my services and fees, please visit:  http://www.justmarriageok.com/services

To check my availability, please visit: https://calendly.com/justmarriageok  At that location you will also be able to place a temporary hold on an available date/time, pending my review of your request.

I do not offer pre-marital counseling, but I am able to provide referrals.

I am available to travel anywhere in the USA, and am willing to consider ceremonies in any venue.

I am fluent in sign language (see-sign).

Contact me for more information!

Rev. Bob Lawrence

Rehearsal (3)
Single Religion (2)
Counseling (1)
Agnostic (1)

Bob was very nice and friendly. After we booked a date and time with him, we received many confirmation emails up to our wedding. One less thing to worry about!

Profile Picture Amy, 6/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Was On Time. He Had With Him The Witness We Need. We Wanted A Very Simple Wedding. He Preformed A Very Wonderful Simple Wedding. He Was Great. We Were Sure Glad We Used Him. Sure Hope I Don't Have To Use Him Again TEE HEE

View Vendor Response

220x220 sq 1415470364045 108072982834290052013121256026503o

1 VIDEO

Tulsa, OK 74129   See On Map
918-991-5733 (phone)
Just Marriage is a wedding officiant from Tulsa, Oklahoma. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Tulsa, Oklahoma City, and rural areas. Just Marriage is a professional wedding officiant that has been part of the interfaith wedding industry for over 10 years. We specialize in same-gender weddings.