Shelton, CT 06484 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 25

About Josh Torres DJ

Bilingual DJ/MC English/Spanish

Able to blend and beat-match music for smooth mixing and non-stop fun.

Bi-cultural Weddings are my specialty

Style: Professional & Friendly

Josh Torres is from Costa Rica, however, back in 1993 him and his family moved to USA. Keeping close ties with the Latin community as well as absorbing the American culture was a balancing act that Josh was able to accomplish.

Therefore, when you need a DJ and MC who can cater to both sides of your multicultural wedding, rest assure that you've come to the right place.

Take a look at all the reviews and you will find a pattern. Excellent service with special attention to the peculiar challenges of two cultures coming together to celebrate the union of their loved ones.

Although Josh Torres started his DJ career catering to any event, he quickly realized that he had a special talent for weddings. Therefore, he began mostly working on weddings which became his specialty since 2008. Now with more than 100 weddings under his belt, he has truly become The Wedding Specialist.

Follow Josh Torres DJ on

Josh Torres DJ 5
Josh Torres DJ 6
Josh Torres DJ 7
  • User7121610 · Recently married

Josh was awesome ! He was always aware of everything he did and the mood of the party, he would always ask if we disliked or like something , he had everything perfect to what we wanted , very professional yet very friendly , I would definitely recomend him to others !

Sent on 08/23/2016

Alyssa · Married on 09/16/2018

We hired Josh to DJ at our wedding. My husband is a DJ himself, so this was an important role for us to fill. On top of that, we had a multicultural wedding, so we needed music to appeal to the American crowd, as well as the Ecuadorian crowd. From the moment I visited Josh's website and saw the photo of an American/Ecuadorian wedding, I knew he was a good fit. When we initially met to discuss the wedding, he understood our vision and assured us he would take care of everything. Because we had a low-key wedding, we only found it necessary to meet once before the wedding, and everything else was communicated through email. Any nerves I had were put at bay when Josh came and set up and did a fantastic job from start to finish with little to no direction from us. He made sure all the transitions from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception were smooth and that the guests knew where they were going. When it came time for the dancing, he KILLED IT ALL NIGHT! The dance floor was never empty, and he made sure to appeal to everyone. Even the guests who I know hate to dance… were dancing! I HIGHLY recommend Josh to anyone who needs a DJ, because he doesn't just play music - he's the timeline and the guidance for your event. I want to have another party so we can hire him again! Thank you, Josh!!

Sent on 09/29/2018
    Josh Torres DJ 15
    Josh Torres DJ 16
    Josh Torres DJ 17

Hannah · Married on 06/09/2018

Josh was very helpful with meeting us and getting our input with how we wanted our wedding to flow. He added a lots of nice features to our special day.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Josh Torres DJ FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,650.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,000.00
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Consultation, Sound/PA System, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Travel Expenses
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 600.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Electronic, Hip Hop, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Flat Screen, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

• Kreative Line Productions
    Kreative Line Productions Wedding Photographers

Can't say enough good things about Josh Torres DJ, they have always done great work, their staff is super professional,friendly, well verse in their craft, I certainly appreciate it when a business offers a top notch service at very competitive pricing.

• DJ Boogie
    DJ Boogie Wedding DJs

Whether your event is in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York or New Jersey, Josh Torres is the best DJ Wedding Specialist you will find. He only does one event per day, allowing his focus to be on your event and making sure the bride, groom and their guests get his undivided attention. Josh has an infectious outgoing, super friendly and funny personality that is eminent through his MCing and DJing. I feel like I'm a great DJ, but Josh has helped me get to where I am by knowing exactly what to give the bride and her guests. He stays on top of the newest music out and keeps the crowd going, even during their cocktail hour. Josh is one of the very few that is able to play music for so many ethic backgrounds as if he was a native of that nation. His setup does not distract from your day as he is like a Ninja and remains in the background, allowing you to glow and be seen by all. That is one thing Josh realizes, this is YOUR wedding day, not his day, so he caters to YOUR needs. Not many DJ's are clearly fluent in English and Spanish like Josh is. He is the total package, and one of the very few DJ's that I can recommend with full confidence. You will be 110% fully satisfied when you have your very special wedding day MCed and DJed by Josh Torres DJ.

• Z-BOP Unlimited
    Z-BOP Unlimited Wedding DJs

Josh use to work with me. I like to think at one time that I was a mentor to him. But he quickly surpassed me, and soon the student was teaching the teacher. He has grown to be an excellent DJ, with great musical instincts. Josh is always very considerate and conducts himself in a professional manner. I know that anyone that hires him will be totally thrilled with his services. You can't go wrong with Josh Torres, or as I'm used to calling him: "Tico In Da Mix".

• Shelton, 06484 See on map