Fort Myers, FL 33913 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 27

About Josh Torres DJ

Bilingual DJ/MC English/Spanish

Able to blend and beat-match music for smooth mixing and non-stop fun.

Bi-cultural Weddings are my specialty

Style: Professional & Friendly

Josh Torres is from Costa Rica, however, back in 1993 him and his family moved to USA. Keeping close ties with the Latin community as well as absorbing the American culture was a balancing act that Josh was able to accomplish.

Therefore, when you need a DJ and MC who can cater to both sides of your multicultural wedding, rest assure that you've come to the right place.

Take a look at all the reviews and you will find a pattern. Excellent service with special attention to the peculiar challenges of two cultures coming together to celebrate the union of their loved ones.

Although Josh Torres started his DJ career catering to any event, he quickly realized that he had a special talent for weddings. Therefore, he began mostly working on weddings which became his specialty since 2008. Now with more than 100 weddings under his belt, he has truly become The Wedding Specialist.

Follow Josh Torres DJ on

44 Reviews for Josh Torres DJ

• Carolina

Carolina Cadavid · Married on 11/03/2019

Dancing all night! Colombian-American wedding

DJ Josh totally listened to my requests and needs. I was scared about having a blended American Colombian wedding but Josh totally played music my Colombian family loved dancing too, while playing some amazing 90s/2000s hits mixed w some reggeaton and hip hop. We had the best time, and our guests were dancing all night! We only wish we had more time with him! Thank you Josh for helping us have the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Josh Torres DJ's reply:

Thank you so much Caro. It was really my pleasure to have been at your wedding. I also wish we would’ve had more than 2 hours to dance because it was great seeing you and your husband and all family dancing to every song. Blessings on your marriage. Thanks for the lovely review.
  • Christopher

Christopher Tinley · Married on 08/31/2019

Great Experience Working with Josh Torres DJ

Josh Torres DJ exceeded all expectations and helped deliver a wedding night that was beyond what we could have hoped for and one that we will always treasure. As a couple from distinct cultural backgrounds, we were thrilled to find that Josh would be able to DJ and MC in a way that would respect, include, and honor both our backgrounds. From the start Josh helped us decide how we would plan the events in our reception and the style and tone of the music for cocktail hour, dinner and, of course, a phenomenal dance party. It took a load off of our busy planning duties to have Josh help guide us with our events.

On wedding day, Josh's expertise and experience shined. He needed no direction - he set up and got right the mood set for cocktail hour before guests arrived. He even set up a pair of high-quality speakers in a remote location for guests that were enjoying themselves further from the main reception tent. The music was the perfect volume and he knows exactly the music to play to set the right tone. Josh helped usher the guests in for the dinner and events and built up excitement and delivered his MCing duties in a way that elevated our families and loved ones. He seamlessly served these duties in both English and Spanish.

When it came time to dance, the dance floor was full of family, friends, and good energy the entire night - and I mean the entire night! Josh delivered music that worked for and across cultures and generations, all over high quality sound equipment (which makes a huge difference!). Our families and our guests were so impressed with Josh. My now-wife and I couldn't be happier with our choice - we actually got to really enjoy our wedding night as we didn't have to manage anything at all - Josh took care of so much from running the show, timing first dances, mics for speeches, and music to boogie down to. We are thankful for the the joyous memories of dancing with our friends and families on our wedding night with Josh Torres DJ!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Heather Murillo · Married on 07/06/2019

Fantastic wedding experience

Josh is a very professional and talented DJ/MC. He communicated well with us in person, over the phone and by email. He made sure our wedding was amazing in every way. We had a multicultural wedding and everyone was very pleased with the variety of music and atmosphere. He played the right songs all night to keep the mood upbeat and exciting. Everyone danced all night and had a wonderful time. It was very important that we had a bilingual DJ/MC to make sure all of our guests felt welcome. We highly recommend Josh for your DJ/MC services.

Sent on 07/26/2019

Josh Torres DJ FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 1650.00
  • What is included in the starting price?
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 2000
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
    Photobooth
    Projector
    Travel Expenses
  • What is the starting price for uplighting?
    $ 600.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Electronic
    Pop
    R&B/Soul
    Rock
    Top 40
  • What services do you offer?
    Bilingual MC
    Do-Not-Play List
    One Event Per Day
  • What additional equipment do you offer?
    Flat Screen
    Projector
    Uplighting

• Photography by Randall Mena Wedding Photographers

Can't say enough good things about Josh Torres DJ, they have always done great work, their staff is super professional,friendly, well verse in their craft, I certainly appreciate it when a business offers a top notch service at very competitive pricing.

• DJ Boogie Wedding DJs

Whether your event is in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York or New Jersey, Josh Torres is the best DJ Wedding Specialist you will find. He only does one event per day, allowing his focus to be on your event and making sure the bride, groom and their guests get his undivided attention. Josh has an infectious outgoing, super friendly and funny personality that is eminent through his MCing and DJing. I feel like I'm a great DJ, but Josh has helped me get to where I am by knowing exactly what to give the bride and her guests. He stays on top of the newest music out and keeps the crowd going, even during their cocktail hour. Josh is one of the very few that is able to play music for so many ethic backgrounds as if he was a native of that nation. His setup does not distract from your day as he is like a Ninja and remains in the background, allowing you to glow and be seen by all. That is one thing Josh realizes, this is YOUR wedding day, not his day, so he caters to YOUR needs. Not many DJ's are clearly fluent in English and Spanish like Josh is. He is the total package, and one of the very few DJ's that I can recommend with full confidence. You will be 110% fully satisfied when you have your very special wedding day MCed and DJed by Josh Torres DJ.

• Z-BOP Unlimited Wedding DJs

Josh use to work with me. I like to think at one time that I was a mentor to him. But he quickly surpassed me, and soon the student was teaching the teacher. He has grown to be an excellent DJ, with great musical instincts. Josh is always very considerate and conducts himself in a professional manner. I know that anyone that hires him will be totally thrilled with his services. You can't go wrong with Josh Torres, or as I'm used to calling him: "Tico In Da Mix".

• Fort Myers, FL, 33913 See on map
    Location of (Josh Torres DJ)