Charlottesville, VA 22911 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $8,000
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 5

About Josh Gooden Cinema

From an early age, we were fascinated by stories from far away lands, cultures, and the chance to someday experience them. Little did we know that it would happen over the course of eight years by the telling the stories of hundreds of amazing couples across the world. The people we met and those we befriended changed our outlook on the world around us. Their willingness to share inspired us to capture life's spontaneous moments. Documenting people, their emotions, and the energy they feel when they find something they love is what we live for. Whether our medium is stills or motion, we strive to tell unique stories that resonate with others.

The stories we have crafted have gained recognition on prestigious publications such as Martha Stewart Weddings, Harper's Bazaar, Style Me Pretty, PDN, Rangefinder, Once Wed, and more.

It would be our greatest pleasure to get to know you and capture your love, expressions, and the most important people in your life. While we strive for gorgeous visuals, the true heart of our films is audio based storytelling. Whether the story is in the letters you exchange to one another, the speech your friend gives, or a candid conversation on the wedding day, we will craft a story that is personal to you.

Follow Josh Gooden Cinema on

• Videos 5

25 Reviews for Josh Gooden Cinema

Jacqueline · Married on 05/28/2017

Josh Gooden Cinematography FAR EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS! Josh has now filmed my wedding as well as my sister's wedding, and we couldn't be happier. He has a way of making you feel very comfortable during the day. He's easy to work with, friendly, prompt in communication, and most importantly, produces beautiful work! Josh has the ability to highlight all the most special moments of your big day and showcase them in a beautiful story that will be cherished for a lifetime. His creative vision really comes to life through the beautifully shot imagery, which he pieces together with voiceover soundbites that bring the film to life. It's storytelling at its best! Trust me, you want to book him! : )

Sent on 09/19/2017

Josh was an absolute dream to work with, from initial contact to the wedding day. He made an effort to get to know us, as well as our expectations and hopes for the wedding video, through a series of emails and a detailed questionnaire. We were hoping for a vintage/timeless feel and Josh was immediately on board, agreeing to shoot part of the wedding in Super 8 mm film. On the wedding day, Josh arrived early and ready to work. His experience, patience, and ability to capture special moments was evident from the moment he began shooting. We are beyond thrilled with the final product – the quality of the DVD and its various features exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 03/12/2011

LilyWren · Married on 05/10/2014

Choosing Josh Gooden to capture our wedding day was by far the best decision we made! Not only was Josh extremely professional, he was kind, welcoming, and helpful to our family and guests. Josh was able to capture each moment of the day in a quiet and noninvasive way. It was wonderful to see Josh truly enjoying the day and relishing in his profession, rather than simply going through the ‘hired motions.’ Because of Josh’s clear excitement for our wedding day and obvious love for his work, I knew that Josh would put his heart and soul into his editing and his final product. That, he did! In fact, he substantially succeeded our expectations! From the day my husband proposed, throughout our engagement, the wedding planning process, the actual wedding day... and all the way to just a few days ago, I had been wondering why I hadn't cried! I had imagined and expected all these milestones to be accompanied by joyous tears... which never came! With that said, I have felt nothing but happiness and excitement this year! However, it felt wonderful when the happy tears finally came the first time we viewed Josh’s final video of our wedding! Since then, my husband and I have watched it numerous times…daily! Each time, I get choked up and cannot hold back a huge smile at the same time. It is so moving to see such a perfect day expressed in a video that genuinely reflects our personalities and compatibility! Josh truly captured US in the most authentic ways! The way Josh was able to pinpoint the most meaningful moments of the day and produce the most accurate and poignant representation of our character as a couple is beyond talent. This will be a treasure in which we can reminisce with forever! I will be bragging about Josh’s work all over Virginia!

Sent on 08/19/2014

• Attraction Band
    Attraction Band Wedding Bands

Josh is excellent...a total pro.

• CrossKeys Vineyards
    CrossKeys Vineyards Winery Weddings

Josh Gooden does spectacular work and creates amazing wedding videos.

• Posh Life DJ Company
    Posh Life DJ Company Wedding DJs

Incredible video production and cinematography. The quality of their video can rival big production movies as well as their story telling. Highly recommended.