1800 Hebron Church Road, Statham, GA 30666 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About John Oliver Michael House

The historic John Oliver Michael House is a charming 20th century farmhouse surrounded by beautiful oaks. Sitting atop a knoll bordered by its own farmland of forty acres. It offers a very peaceful and private atmosphere for any occasion. We are located in Oconee County, 4 miles from Hwy. 316, 12 miles west of Athens, and 48 miles east of Atlanta. It is our pleasure to offer you the opportunity to host your wedding ceremony and reception at our historic home place.

The John Oliver Michael House has put together a pallet allowing YOU to achieve whatever style is yours':
A quant farmhouse decorated in a classic look that is timeless. Walking from the front porch of the John
Oliver Michael House you will meander along an antique, brick pathway leading you to many options for
your choosing for your ceremony and reception.

Beautiful oaks surrounding the farmhouse and "Oliver's Nest. Some of the oaks are draped with outdoor
lighting showcasing a beautiful outdoor setting for your ceremony and reception.
Oliver's Nest, a fun place to host your reception (should you prefer the indoors). We named it such as it
sits nestled in the shade of beautiful oaks. Once indoors, it's absolutely magical:
Hanging pendants and chandeliers.
Draped lighting from the wooden beams.
Black rod iron sconces along the white, washed walls.
A beautiful antique, brick ?replace.
Perfect for any Wedding Ceremony and/or Reception.

Our Wedding Arbor is cascaded in wisteria vines and showcased with strings of lights making a beautiful
setting for your ceremony. Or you may use the arbor for other uses making it unique for your personal style.
Everything is surrounded with ?elds of tall grasses (sometimes with a few hay bales in the distance).
It's your wedding, it's your day, "Make it Your Own"! And, we will help you "Make it the best"!
Now take a look at our photos and see what we have been talking about.

87d82343193e35b3 Screen Shot 2016 11 28 at 2 25 28 PM

John Oliver Michael House 5
John Oliver Michael House 6
John Oliver Michael House 7

Cari · Married on 05/30/2015

We loved EVERYTHING about this venue & the wedding planner, Brittany. The buildings & properties are well maintain & add a unique & personal touch for your special day. Everything about the venue has a vintage, rustic feel. The grounds are shaded, which helps wedding guests be comfortable when having an outdoor wedding. Having access to the farmhouse the entire day of the wedding provided us with a getting ready area, beautiful "getting ready" photos, a kitchen for lunch, & place for family members to rest & wait for the wedding. I also believe the value to be exceptional! We chose the "Classic Wedding" package & the fee included the wedding planner, & in addition, allowed us to use our own vendors for cake/cupcakes, flowers, DJ, etc. We also decorated the venue ourselves, which helped us meet our budget

Sent on 06/25/2015

Lisa · Married on 10/18/2014

I could not have asked for a better wedding venue than the John Oliver Michael House! The family-run venue is incredibly helpful and flexible and easy to contact. I felt like I was at home with my own family and felt very comfortable that my wedding would go off without a hitch. The property is gorgeous and well-maintained. I HIGHLY recommend the John Oliver Michael House to anyone looking for southern charm, rustic elegance, and a family feel! It was perfection.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Tanya · Married on 05/24/2014

Brittany is amazing. I know every other person who reviews has said this, but it really is true! I admit that i wasn't the easiest bride to work with (i'm a HUGE planner and i literally planned everything to the minute), but she was SO patient and so responsive and never once made me feel bad for being a little crazy. She was a pleasure to work with and would remember EVERYTHING i told her (seriously, i don't know how she remembered half of what i said, especially since i kept changing my mind every month or so).

Her family is wonderful too. her sister in law Jill helped out setting up the day before and was a pleasure to work with as well! Her mom was wonderful when she showed us the venue and had nothing but praises for how we decorated everything. Her dad was a little scary in the sense that he just seemed really REALLY serious (the complete opposite of what all the girls were like). I was a little scared to talk with him so i'd have my wedding planner do it but she says he's a really nice person. Our theory is that he's just a little bit of a perfectionist with his property (makes sense since his dad grew up in the house and he's built everything himself) so he's likely just very protective of everything.

Overall a wonderful family to do business with. The venue is absolutely gorgeous! The main house on the grounds is for the bride to use the day of the wedding (very useful because we had the hairstylists and makeup artists come to the house and all the bridesmaids and I got ready there). we had the ceremony outside and the reception in the barn (~160 people).

Also, Brittany's husband is the one who provides the bar tending services. I never got a chance to meet him (since people just handed me glasses of wine) but I've had several family members and friends tell me they were obsessed with this guy (apparently he's hilarious and everything you want in a bartender). i would highly recommend all around!

Sent on 07/14/2014

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

John Oliver Michael House FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Clean Up, Event Planning, Linens, Set Up, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Cake Cutting
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 400
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 0
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 3
  • Describe your venue: Farm/Ranch, Historic Building
  • What event services do you offer? Event Planner, Event Rentals, Lighting / Sound
  • What event items are available? Chairs
  • What food and beverage items are available? Linens

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• John Oliver Michael House 1
    Seasonal Promo!!!
    Book select dates that are remaining in 2009 and receive $250 off of your total package price!!! Call our Event Specialist for a list of dates that are included in this promotion!!!

• Spotlight Weddings and Events, LLC
    Spotlight Weddings and Events, LLC Wedding DJs

As a fellow vendor, I have worked at the John Oliver Michael House multiple times. The outdoor area has been configured in a number of different ways for both ceremonies and receptions, and they all flowed seamlessly! If you're looking for a great outdoor venue, make sure to look at the John Oliver Michael House!

• 1800 Hebron Church Road Statham, 30666 See on map