Jim Perona

Wheaton, IL View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$800 Most Popular Price

I am a solo instrumental guitarist with an expansive repertoire and a passion for creating the perfect soundtrack to your big day. I am professional, enthusiastic and reliable with 177 5/5 star reviews here on WeddingWire & over 500 5/5 star reviews posted publicly on multiple platforms.

My repertoire spans every era: Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Spanish-Romantic, Flamenco & even contemporary! For the latter, I create solo guitar arrangements of songs upon request, which maintains it's familiarity while adding a charming elegance. These arrangements are a huge hit with wedding couples!

Planning and performing music for weddings is my passion and profession and having gotten married myself in May 2021, I know how important it is to feel like you're in the best of hands with your wedding vendors. My promise to you is that when it comes to the wedding music, you will be in the best of hands.

Experience
Born into a musical family, I began taking guitar lessons at age 11. In 2008, I graduated from Northern Illinois University with a bachelor’s degree in classical guitar performance, studying under guitar expert Fareed Haque (winner of the 2009 "Best World Guitarist" award from Guitar Player Magazine). In 2010, I received my Master's Degree in classical guitar performance from the New England Conservatory under the tutelage of world-renowned guitarist Eliot Fisk (Eliot Fisk was the last direct student of legendary guitarist Andres Segovia). I have since performed at over 300 weddings, earning 10 "Couple's Choice Award" in a row on WeddingWire (every year since 2013).

In 2018, I was invited to perform and lecture at the Boston Guitar Festival (performnace video available on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/jimperonaguitar). The lecture portion was centered on building a positive & collaborative relationship with wedding couples with the ultimate goal of putting together the perfect soundtrack for their wedding. The following year, I was invited to perform for the United Center Concert Club, serving as the pre-concert act to headliners Fleetwood Mac.

I provide solo instrumental guitar musical entertainment for weddings and other special events at an affordable rate. My repertoire spans over 500 years of music, including more recent pop hits. As a solo guitarist, my setup is portable and volume is perfect for your guests to enjoy. Event services offered include the following:

• Ceremony and reception music
  • Prelude (pre-ceremony) music
  • Cocktail hour music
  • Dinner hour music
  • Reception music
  • Accommodation of up to 3 special requests.
  • Instrumentals
  • Musical interludes
  • Rehearsal dinner
  • Vocals
  • Sound/PA system for Ceremony.

What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music?

$600

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$800

Cocktail Hour Music
Learn New Songs
Sound/PA System

What ceremony music arrangements can you provide?

Instrumental - Solo

How many musicians are in your band(s)?

1 - 3

What instruments does your group play?

Guitar

What services do you provide?

Ceremony Music
Vocals

• Tracy
    Tracy S. Married on 06/18/2022

Beautiful Music

We are so happy we chose Jim Perona for our wedding ceremony music. He was so easy to work with when planning our ceremony playlist. He did a beautiful job before, during, and after. I hope to catch a future performance of his soon, he was just fabulous.
  • Alex
    Alex B. Married on 04/09/2022

Best Guitarist Around!

Jim is INCREDIBLE. We reached out to him months in advance of our wedding to play for our Ceremony and Cocktail Hour, and Jim delivered above and beyond. He was responsive, accommodating, and his music was PERFECT. He made our wedding planning process so easy and our wedding day was nothing short of a fairy tale. He even RAN from our Ceremony outside to get set up for Cocktail Hour. I cannot recommend Jim enough. We love him and our special day would not have been the same without him.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner