Jim Perona Reviews

156 | Wheaton, IL

156 Reviews for Jim Perona

• Tracy

Tracy Robinson · Getting married on 07/07/2021

Jim Perona Amazing Guitarist!

Jim Perona did an amazing job performing at our wedding and reception! Not only was his music absolutely beautiful and exactly what we wanted, but he was a pleasure to work with! His communication was great! He was very responsive and offered great advice. He has a vast selection of music to suit all tastes and was willing to learn new songs as well! We couldn’t have been happier and many of our guests commented how much they enjoyed the music as well! We would highly recommend Jim to anyone looking for a guitarist. He’s the best!

Sent on 09/03/2020
  • O

Olivia Egan · Getting married on 05/06/2021

Jim Perona Wedding Guitarist-amazing!!!!!!!!!!

I would recommend Jim to anyone and everyone! He is so talented and so easy to work with. He will customize songs for you and learn new ones that are requested! He is so passionate about music and his job and you can see that in the first few moments of meeting him! He makes everything easy and is very flexible. If you just want to communicate over the phone or email he will do that as well which was great for us because we were so busy! He will get back to you right away and genuinely loves working with people and providing such a great service for one of the most important days!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Martha Kidd · Getting married on 02/05/2021

Best Decision We Made!

It was an absolute pleasure to have Jim perform at our wedding - his performance really was everything we could have asked for. We felt very lucky to have someone so talented who could provide a classical and spanish classical flavor for our ceremony, but who also has an incredible array of pop/folk/rock songs for which he’s compiled some truly phenomenal arrangements and which he played at our cocktail hour (seriously, go check out his Youtube channel). Our guests, especially the musicians among them, repeatedly told us how impressed they were throughout the evening. We were too!

Moreover, Jim is a consummate pro, and was terrific to work with. It’s clear he is genuinely excited about his work and from our first conversation, it was clear he was dedicated to creating a unique soundtrack for our day. We could not more highly recommend him and would work with him again in an instant. Many thanks, Jim!

Sent on 10/12/2019

Emily Kleist · Getting married on 12/08/2020

Thoughtful and talented!

Jim is a true pro. He was helpful and positive throughout planning and song selection, always responsive, and just great overall. Not to mention the music is beautiful.

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Kacie

Kacie Farrell · Married on 10/06/2020

Best Ceremony Performance!!

Jim was such a pleasure to work with for our wedding day ceremony!! Not only was he so easy to work with, his performance was simply beautiful. He was willing to learn a new song for us and performed if flawlessly. We received so many compliments from our guests on how talented he truly is. Choosing him for our big day was one of the easiest decisions. So glad we found you, Jim!!

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Angelina

Angelina · Married on 09/05/2020

Amazing Guitarist!

Jim was great to work with! Very professional, responsive, and everybody loved him. His music made our ceremony unique and beautiful. I would recommend him to anybody!

Sent on 09/10/2020
  • Merideth

Merideth Segovia · Married on 02/19/2020

Jim is simply the best!

Jim was fantastic to work with and I highly recommend him! He was super professional, communicative, and his music was beyond beautiful. Plus his catalog of music is super expansive. Everyone at our wedding still talks about how talented he was and how much he added to the entire atmosphere of the event! Thank you Jim!!

Sent on 09/26/2020

Ed Marciniak · Married on 01/08/2020

You won't find a better musician

I can't recommend Jim enough. It was a treat to have him at our wedding. At first we were just going to have him for our cocktail hour, but due to covid had to change our wedding up and we had Jim play all evening for us. You should seriously look no further. Jim is a talented passionate musician and will add a beautiful touch of elegance to your wedding day or other special event.

Sent on 10/22/2020

Robert Biskoski · Married on 12/10/2019

Amazing! Couldn't Have Been Better!

We cannot begin to express how blown away we were with Jim. We asked him to play our ceremony and gave him very little direction of what we wanted him to play, and very little information of the structure of our ceremony. Jim helped us EVERY step of the way. He guided us along and helped us shape our ceremony. He was extremely professional and showed up early and prepared. He played absolutely beautifully, even bringing several guests to tears with his renditions of classic songs. I would recommend him to absolutely anyone and everyone. You will not be disappointed. Professional and a great talent. A++

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Liz

Elizabeth Ingebrigtsen · Married on 11/02/2019

My guests were blown away by Jim!!

Jim helped make my ceremony. It was nice to not have the "A" typical DJ doing the ceremony music. To have a this touch was notated by all guests of my day. It made it feel top notch and special. It was nice we got to pick all the music which made it important to us. He performed during our pre ceremony, ceremony and cocktail hour. I wish I would have booked him for dinner service as well. I wish I could have spent more time listing to him that day. Its these little things that really make it worth while and our wedding memorable.

Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 10/19/2019

Highly Recommend you hire Jim!

Jim was amazing to work with, super professional and always very responsive. We hired him to play during our ceremony and he was AMAZING. I would highly recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 05/26/2020
  • Amelia

Amelia · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing guitarist

Jim did an absolutely perfect job at our wedding. He went above and beyond in every way, and is an extremely kind person. We had him learn a song I wrote to play during the processional, and he performed it flawlessly. Our ceremony and cocktail hour were better than I could have imagined thanks to Jim!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 08/11/2019

The absolute best!

I could cry tears of joy just writing this review, Jim was so incredible and the best decision we made when choosing a musician for our wedding! Jim performed from prelude through dinner and set the tone perfectly for our rooftop city wedding, our guests couldn't get over how awesome he was! Not only is he a great guitarist but is willing to learn and special songs you request. I was deciding between a couple of different songs for the processional and recessional for the ceremony and Jim, without hesitation, recorded a couple examples of how these songs would sound and sent them to me that same day. He was an absolute pleasure to work with, and he seemlessly worked with all our vendors and our officiant. Talented and so easy to work with! We can't wait to go see him when he performs in town too!

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Emily

Emily Moran · Married on 07/26/2019

Best guitarist ever!

Jim is an extremely talented guitarist. We hired him to play for our ceremony and our cocktail hour. He arranged two new songs for our ceremony and they sounded amazing! He was professional, friendly and prompt with all communication. Our guests kept talking about how great he sounded! Jim has a wide repertoire of music, so there’s something for everyone to enjoy. If you’re thinking about hiring Jim, stop thinking and just do it! You will love what he has to offer.

Sent on 08/18/2019

Debby Shields · Married on 07/14/2019

A must hire!

I can't say enough nice things about Jim. He was thoughtful, incredibly professional, easy to work with and he thinks of and works through all the details. His performance was stellar and set a beautiful tone for a garden wedding.

Sent on 05/25/2020

Autumn Marks · Married on 07/06/2019

Jim Perona Guitarist

I was so excited to get Jim as our guitarist. I wanted non-traditional music and he played exactly what I wanted. I did not get to hear all the music since I was hidden away and had to take photos when the ceremony ended. I did hear the song I choose for my entrance, 'Everlong', and it was beautiful. I also heard a song I asked Jim to arrange for the recessional, 'Longer' by Dan Fogelberg (one of my favorite singers). It was beautiful.

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Lori

Lori Koch · Married on 06/30/2019

The Amazing Jim Perona

My husband and I chose to have Jim play at our wedding, cocktail hour and dinner after my parents heard him on New Year’s Eve and raved about his performance. We contacted Jim and he provided us with song lists and suggestions for the various parts of the ceremony. He was extremely professional in every correspondence. On the day of the wedding, our outdoor ceremony was moved indoors at the last minute due to rain. He quickly adapted to the change without any direction – he moved all of his gear and equipment inside and was ready to go without missing a beat. He was willing and ready to do whatever was needed. His guitar playing was beyond beautiful and he blended into the ceremony/cocktail hour/dinner perfectly. During the dinner hour, we realized he was taking requests from our guests and played everything they asked. Not only did we get a guitar player, we got a true performer. At the end of Jim’s playing time, our guests gave him a spontaneous standing ovation. To this day when our guests discuss our wedding, they always mention the amazingly talented Jim Perona. If we were getting married 100 times (or planning a future occasion), we would hire Jim again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 08/19/2019

Colleen · Married on 06/14/2019

Best choice for our ceremony!

We made the choice to use Jim during our ceremony after hearing him during our large tasting event at the Arboretum and I'm SO glad we did! He learned a new song for my walk-in in only a few days and it sounded amazing during the ceremony and made it that much more special. Thanks Jim!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Alex Hembrey · Married on 06/08/2019

The BEST Guitarist Around

Jim is OUTSTANDING! He is very professional and easy to work with. We had so many guests reach out to us about how impressive he was. We HIGHLY recommend Jim if you are considering live music for your ceremony and/or cocktail hour. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Chris

Chris Bobowski · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing guitarist

Jim is a truly talented musician and we were so lucky to have him perform at our wedding. He worked with us to coordinate song choices that highlighted our personalities and helped establish the right mood and ambiance for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Jim accommodated our unique requests and did an outstanding job. His performance during our processional was very powerful and moving. The guests were struck by the atmosphere he created. He is a gifted musician that can emulate many styles. We received so many compliments from our guests on his performance and we feel very fortunate to have found him. Thanks very much, jim!

Sent on 06/15/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon Cullerton · Married on 05/24/2019

Extraordinarily talented and a joy to work with.

Jim Perona made our wedding day so personal and special. He took a beautiful Nils Frahm piano solo that we really wanted to have in our wedding ceremony and transformed it into a beautiful guitar rendition. He's talented and is someone who loves what he does, and it shows. It makes his music even more meaningful. 100% recommend him for any event. You will not be disappointed

Sent on 08/19/2019

Katie · Married on 05/18/2019

Thank You Jim!

Choosing Jim to perform at our wedding was one of the best decisions we made during our planning process. From the beginning of our initial e-mail contact, Jim was professional, kind, and quick to respond to any questions I had. My husband’s favorite song to sing to me is ‘Die a Happy Man’ and Jim offered to learn to play it so that the bridal party could walk down the aisle to it. He played all our song choices flawlessly and our guests commented on how great he played and how nice he was. If you decide to hire Jim, you will not regret it and having live music made our day feel even more special than it already was. At our reception, we decided to have Jim play during our cocktail hour. I am very indecisive so I asked Jim if he could just play a mix of classic rock, and country and the song choices were up to him. Our guests were impressed with the amount of songs he knew and what he chose to play. Thank you, Jim, for making our wedding day memorable and for being amazing throughout the whole process of choosing you to perform. We can’t thank you enough. Katie and Dakota Newsome

Sent on 09/21/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Johnson · Married on 05/10/2019

Great! Very talented

Jim was great to work with! He was very easy to communicate with, and worked with us to make sure the music at our ceremony was exactly what we wanted. We had a song request not on his usual list, so he sent us a video of him playing to make sure it was what we wanted. On our wedding day our ceremony got interrupted halfway through by a rainstorm (!!), but Jim was very flexible while we went to plan b. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 01/02/2020

Sarah · Married on 10/27/2018

Great musician!

Jim was great at our wedding ceremony! He played exactly what we wanted and was an amazing communicator. He suggested music that he thought would fit our venue and us as a couple. He was great! Totally recommend Jim!

Sent on 12/18/2018