Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant

Keene, NH View map
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$350 Typical Price

Delighted and honored to have been awarded Bride's Choice Awards for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and the Couple's Choice Award for 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and most recently 2021! I have also received Market Survey of America's Best of the Best for the greater Keene Area, 2013 and 2015 and Keene Sentinel Readers' Choice 1st place awards for best Wedding Officiant for seven years running. I was featured in the 2018 Keene Sentinel Bridal Magazine and the 2021 Magazine. I had the privilege of being a featured speaker in 2021 at a virtual JP Conference in Connecticut.

Over 1,200 weddings officiated, over 293 reviews and a lifetime of love! Contact me if you want a ceremony that embodies your story!

Being a practicing Justice of the Peace/Wedding Officiant for the State of New Hampshire, since 2004, is an incredible honor and officiating over 1200 ceremonies since then is surreal. Since becoming a JP, I have steadily increased the number of weddings I have performed. I have traveled throughout New Hampshire , Massachusetts, Vermont and Maine. Being an integral part of a couple’s wedding experience is humbling. I love to write, and generally I put an entire ceremony together for a couple as part of our fee arrangement. I encourage couples to write their own vows, but if they would rather I write a reciprocal or non-reciprocal set from a questionnaire I provide every couple. Tailoring a ceremony specifically to a couple is what I do, unless a couple wants a simple no frills ceremony or perhaps an elopement.

My ceremony formula is to get to know my couples so that each and every element is reflective of their journey to marriage and their vision for the future. My speciality is a unity that resonates for each couple, several that I have refined over the past 18 years including a painting unity, tree unity, or wine box unity.

My fee is based upon the complexity of the ceremony, the venue, the amount of guests, travel time and arranging to be present at a rehearsal and meet and greet. My pricing range is from $200 to $600 generally, which includes travel. Please do not hesitate to call me with questions.

As a NH JP, officiating in MA. requires a waiver form that can be faxed to the Secretary of State’s office. There is no extra charge for this waiver. I've officiated in Topsfield, Newburyport, Holyoke, Cohasset, Wellesley,Templeton, Stow, Manchester-by-the Sea, Greenfield, Chatham, Gloucester, Boston, Salisbury, Tewksbury, Georgetown, Ipswich and Whately! Last year I traveled to Florida to officiate as part of a couple's destination wedding.

I have also officiated in Quechee, Ascutney, Dover, Rockingham and Bellows Falls, Vermont and Saco & York Beach, Maine. Because there is not reciprocity in marriage laws from state to state, some states require more from out-of-state JPs to officiate in their states. Just ask me and I'll tell you what my experience has been.

I've officiated in every county of New Hampshire. Some of the venues I frequent are Hidden Hills, Cathedral of the Pines, The Bedford Village Inn, LaBelle Winery, Zorvino Vineyards, Keene Country Club, Stonewall Farm, The Grandview, The Woodbound Inn, Searles Castle, The Castleton, Allrose Farm, Stone Garden, Colby Hill Inn, and Alyson's Orchard. I look forward to making your wedding a memorable experience.

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$350

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$75

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$50

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Catholic
Episcopalian
Jewish
No Denomination

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.
30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

MA
NH
VT

What languages do you speak?

English

• Charity Shuster
    Charity Getting married on 07/08/2022
    Jane is a very passionate, compassionate beautiful person who puts all her love, care, time and individuality of each couple into her ceremonies!! A friend gave me a list of potential Wedding Officiants & when I saw Janes information, and her description I knew that she was the perfect one to Officiate our special day!! Janes ceremony was so beautiful & our family & friends are still talking about how beautiful the ceremony was. We shared laughs, & when I broke down with happiness during my vows Jane was there every step of the way helping me regather myself so that I could say her beautiful vows she had written for us audibly :) :). If you do not live in an area Jane covers, I would tell anyone to consider their wedding planning in an area she does just so you can experience working with such a amazing, genuine, and wonderful person as her!! Thank you Jane for all your time, love, flexibility, compassion & care you put into our special day. The ceremony was the most touching, memorable piece & Mike & I will hold your wisdom & love in out hearts always!! As you say... GO LOVE!! :) :)

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Charity and Mike got married in the Marble Room at Hidden Hills in Rindge. Charity's mom and her godmother walked her down the aisle to Mike and and Mike's dad was a groomsman. Family is simply the most important part of their lives - a family member made their cake and the list goes on. I was happy to be in the company of wonderful people as two lives and two sets of family and friends were joined together!
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn D. Married on 12/26/2021

Personalized ceremony

I reached out to Jane on WeddingWire and she replied quickly and we had a brief chat over the phone to get an idea of what we were looking for and what her process was going to be. From there my groom and I filled out a detailed questionnaire together, which Jane used to draft a personalized ceremony for us! Her pricing was very reasonable and her correspondence professional. Come wedding day, she blended right in with the group and brought a wonderful energy to the ceremony. We would highly recommend her and my sister-in-law, who witnessed the ceremony, is planning to hire Jane if she’s available!
  • Gwen
    Gwen B. Married on 10/03/2021

Beautiful Ceremony

Finding a wedding officiant was the ONE thing I was so unsure about when planning our wedding, so we turned to wedding wire where we found Jane. Jane is a wonderful person who curated our wedding ceremony and made it so perfectly tailored to our relationship & families. She spent a great deal of time making sure it was everything we wanted and did not disappoint. I would highly recommend to anyone else getting married in New Hampshire. She can make the ceremony as religious as you want, or not at all! It's all up to you she is there to give you great ideas and certainly her expertise. Thank you Jane!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

K. Lenox Photography K. Lenox Photography Wedding Photographers

Jane! Jane is one of the most incredible Wedding Officiant's that I know! She personally and thoughtfully writes every single ceremony. She has officiated many (MANY) weddings where I was the photographer and each and every single one was unique, thoughtful and beautifully moving. It's always a pleasure witnessing Jane doing what she loves!

Naturally Elegant Designs Naturally Elegant Designs Wedding Florists

Jane is fabulous, she will do the type of ceremony you wish with grace and professionalism

Adventure Limousine & Transportation Adventure Limousine & Transportation Wedding Limos

Jane is a pleasure to work with! She listens and personalizes each ceremony - bringing a smile to all!

31 Dover Street Keene, NH, 03431
603-352-0640

Available until 9 pm
Location of (Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant)

Other vendors in Concord for your wedding