31 Dover Street, Keene, NH 03431 Map · Phone number

About Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant

Delighted and honored to have been awarded Bride's Choice Awards for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and the Couple's Choice Award for 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019! and 2020 I have also received Market Survey of America's Best of the Best for the greater Keene Area, 2013 and 2015 and 2016 and 2017 Keene Sentinel Readers' Choice 1st place awards for best Wedding Officiant. Featured in the 2018 Keene Sentinel Bridal Magazine.

Over 1,000 weddings officiated, over 260 reviews and a lifetime of love! Contact me if you want a ceremony that embodies your story!

Being a practicing Justice of the Peace/Wedding Officiant for the State of New Hampshire, since 2004, is an incredible honor and officiating over 1000 ceremonies since then is surreal. Since becoming a JP, I have steadily increased the number of weddings I have performed. I have traveled throughout New Hampshire , Massachusetts, Vermont and Maine. Being an integral part of a couple’s wedding experience is humbling. I love to write, and generally I put an entire ceremony together for a couple as part of our fee arrangement. I encourage couples to write their own vows, but if they would rather I write a reciprocal or non-reciprocal set from a questionnaire I provide every couple - then that is easily accomplished! Tailoring a ceremony specifically to a couple is what I do, unless a couple wants a simple no frills ceremony or perhaps an elopement.

My speciality is writing a ceremony that encompasses a unity piece crafted for each couple. My formula is to get to know my couples so that each and every element is reflective of their journey to marriage and their vision for the future. My speciality is a tree unity, which I have refined over the past 11 years and I have written a unity entitled "There is Always Room For Love., " which is thought provoking. I love a Wine Box Unity, a Wine Blending Unity, a butterfly release, a Knot Unity, a painting/guest book unity or a Time Capsule Unity. Please ask me about them!

If I am not available to officiate for you, consider having a family member or close friend read a ceremony that I custom write for you. Please contact me with any questions on how this can be done.

My fee is based upon the complexity of the ceremony, the venue, the amount of guests, travel time and arranging to be present at a rehearsal and meet and greet. My pricing range is from $200 to $600 generally, which includes travel. Please do not hesitate to call me with questions.

As a NH JP, officiating in MA. requires a waiver form that can be faxed to the Secretary of State’s office. There is no extra charge for this waiver. I've officiated in Topsfield, Newburyport, Holyoke, Cohasset, Wellesley,Templeton, Stow, Manchester-by-the Sea, Greenfield, Chatham, Gloucester, Boston, Salisbury, Tewksbury, Georgetown, Ipswich and Whately! Last year I traveled to Florida to officiate as part of a couple's destination wedding.

I have also officiated in Quechee, Ascutney, Dover, Rockingham and Bellows Falls, Vermont and Saco & York Beach, Maine. Because there is not reciprocity in marriage laws from state to state, some states require more from out-of-state JPs to officiate in their states. Just ask me and I'll tell you what my experience has been.

I've officiated in every county of New Hampshire. Some of the venues I frequent are Hidden Hills, Cathedral of the Pines, The Shattuck, The Bedford Village Inn, LaBelle Winery, Zorvino Vineyards, Keene Country Club, Stonewall Farm, The Grandview, The Woodbound Inn, Searles Castle, The Castleton, and Alyson's Orchard. I look forward to making your wedding a memorable experience.

Follow Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant on

Cathedral of the Pines
Cathedral of the Pines
Lillies on the Pond
Lillies on the Pond
Meghan and Nick - Topsfield Commons, Topsfield, Mass.
Meghan and Nick - Topsfield Commons, Topsfield, Mass.
Liz and Chris - The Red Lion Inn, Cohasset, Mass.
Liz and Chris - The Red Lion Inn, Cohasset, Mass.
The Grandview Inn, Jaffrey, NH
Megan and Ben on the Common, Walpole, NH
Megan and Ben on the Common, Walpole, NH
Megan and Ben recite their vows
Megan and Ben recite their vows
Megan and Ben share their first kiss as husband and wife.
Megan and Ben share their first kiss as husband and wife.
jesssean
anticipation
patandjessjessfoto
sharonandpierre
53e5b15898f72770 wedding
a9d2d28044dd05b1 1515980541 4b452169065aaa7f 1515980555191 1 wedding

282 Reviews for Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant

• Charity · Getting married on 07/08/2022

Jane is a very passionate, compassionate beautiful person who puts all her love, care, time and individuality of each couple into her ceremonies!! A friend gave me a list of potential Wedding Officiants & when I saw Janes information, and her description I knew that she was the perfect one to Officiate our special day!! Janes ceremony was so beautiful & our family & friends are still talking about how beautiful the ceremony was. We shared laughs, & when I broke down with happiness during my vows Jane was there every step of the way helping me regather myself so that I could say her beautiful vows she had written for us audibly :) :). If you do not live in an area Jane covers, I would tell anyone to consider their wedding planning in an area she does just so you can experience working with such a amazing, genuine, and wonderful person as her!! Thank you Jane for all your time, love, flexibility, compassion & care you put into our special day. The ceremony was the most touching, memorable piece & Mike & I will hold your wisdom & love in out hearts always!! As you say... GO LOVE!! :) :)

Sent on 07/05/2015

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Charity and Mike got married in the Marble Room at Hidden Hills in Rindge. Charity's mom and her godmother walked her down the aisle to Mike and and Mike's dad was a groomsman. Family is simply the most important part of their lives - a family member made their cake and the list goes on. I was happy to be in the company of wonderful people as two lives and two sets of family and friends were joined together!
  • Heather

Heather Lapointe · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Personalized with great attention to detail

Jane is one of the best JPS in the area. From the moment you meet with her she spends her time getting to know you as a couple so she can personalize your wedding ceremon. Jane listens to your story of how life brought you together and she captures it in the ceremony with beautiful words, stories and quotes. If we had to go back and do it all again we would choose Jane in a heartbeat. Choosing her was a great descion, our ceremony was perfect it was exactly what we wanted. Jane's speaking voice is full of life, you can tell she is truly happy for the couple's she works with. She is never late and is very professional but always friendly! Jane always communicates promptly and really helps you to make the ceremony one of kind on your special day. I highly recommend Jane for anyone planning there wedding and looking for the perfect officiant, my husband and I will cherish her words for many years to come.

Sent on 11/10/2019

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Heather and Tristan were married at Heather's parents' home in Nelson, NH - every detail perfected for their all family audience! It was a heartfelt wedding!
  • Betty

Betty Ann Coolidge · Married on 08/01/2020

Simply amazing

On August 1st I got married to my best friend, our original date was May 30th but that didn't happen for obvious reasons. We started planning our wedding last year and I located Jane on Weddingwire. We set up and appointment to meet and go over what we were looking for and to see if it was going to be a fit. That first inital meeting it was like she had known us for all of our lives. When we figured out that it wasn't going to happen on the 30th we contacted Jane and she agreed to marry us on the 14th of April and do our ceremony with our family when we were able to. If you are considering using Jane to preform your cermony, do it you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/11/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 350.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price?
    Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 75.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 50.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Catholic
    Episcopalian
    Jewish
    No Denomination
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
    30-60 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    MA
    NH
    VT
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

• K. Lenox Photography Wedding Photographers

Jane! Jane is one of the most incredible Wedding Officiant's that I know! She personally and thoughtfully writes every single ceremony. She has officiated many (MANY) weddings where I was the photographer and each and every single one was unique, thoughtful and beautifully moving. It's always a pleasure witnessing Jane doing what she loves!

• Naturally Elegant Designs Wedding Florists

Jane is fabulous, she will do the type of ceremony you wish with grace and professionalism

• Adventure Limousine & Transportation Wedding Limos

Jane is a pleasure to work with! She listens and personalizes each ceremony - bringing a smile to all!

• 31 Dover Street Keene, 03431 See on map
    6033520640 (Other Phone Number)
    Available until 9 pm
    Location of (Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant)