Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Charity Shuster
    Charity Getting married on 07/08/2022
    Jane is a very passionate, compassionate beautiful person who puts all her love, care, time and individuality of each couple into her ceremonies!! A friend gave me a list of potential Wedding Officiants & when I saw Janes information, and her description I knew that she was the perfect one to Officiate our special day!! Janes ceremony was so beautiful & our family & friends are still talking about how beautiful the ceremony was. We shared laughs, & when I broke down with happiness during my vows Jane was there every step of the way helping me regather myself so that I could say her beautiful vows she had written for us audibly :) :). If you do not live in an area Jane covers, I would tell anyone to consider their wedding planning in an area she does just so you can experience working with such a amazing, genuine, and wonderful person as her!! Thank you Jane for all your time, love, flexibility, compassion & care you put into our special day. The ceremony was the most touching, memorable piece & Mike & I will hold your wisdom & love in out hearts always!! As you say... GO LOVE!! :) :)

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Charity and Mike got married in the Marble Room at Hidden Hills in Rindge. Charity's mom and her godmother walked her down the aisle to Mike and and Mike's dad was a groomsman. Family is simply the most important part of their lives - a family member made their cake and the list goes on. I was happy to be in the company of wonderful people as two lives and two sets of family and friends were joined together!
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn D. Married on 12/26/2021

Personalized ceremony

I reached out to Jane on WeddingWire and she replied quickly and we had a brief chat over the phone to get an idea of what we were looking for and what her process was going to be. From there my groom and I filled out a detailed questionnaire together, which Jane used to draft a personalized ceremony for us! Her pricing was very reasonable and her correspondence professional. Come wedding day, she blended right in with the group and brought a wonderful energy to the ceremony. We would highly recommend her and my sister-in-law, who witnessed the ceremony, is planning to hire Jane if she’s available!
  • Gwen
    Gwen B. Married on 10/03/2021

Beautiful Ceremony

Finding a wedding officiant was the ONE thing I was so unsure about when planning our wedding, so we turned to wedding wire where we found Jane. Jane is a wonderful person who curated our wedding ceremony and made it so perfectly tailored to our relationship & families. She spent a great deal of time making sure it was everything we wanted and did not disappoint. I would highly recommend to anyone else getting married in New Hampshire. She can make the ceremony as religious as you want, or not at all! It's all up to you she is there to give you great ideas and certainly her expertise. Thank you Jane!
    Jessica Married on 10/02/2021

Loon Mountain Wedding 10.2.21

I had to write a review for Jane because she was the best officiant I could ask for! We planned the wedding from out of state so it was sometimes hard to contact and book vendors. I reached out super early to her and she was so responsive, sweet and so helpful. Unfortunately, we had to postpone the wedding a year and she accommodated us without issue which was a huge relief. The day of our wedding was actually the first time we met! Prior to she had us fill out a worksheet that was very thought provoking and allowed us to really think about our relationship and it's meaning. Also, by completing the worksheet, she got to know us more and was able to personalize our vows. On our actual wedding day, I was stressed because the weather was not fully cooperative and our ceremony was outside on the summit of Loon Mountain... However! When we lined up the rain had cleared in just enough time for our ceremony. Like I said, the vows were personalized, sweet and funny. Jane did a great job in providing a really unique ceremony that was perfect for us. And she was a true MVP for sticking it out with us even when the rain started back up. I wish I could relive that day again and again. If you are thinking of booking her, do it! Thank you so incredibly much Jane ♥
    The C. Married on 10/01/2021

Simply perfect

I got married at Alyson’s Orchard and Jane was one jp that was recommended. I had heard through my sister-in-law she had done a wedding for a friend of hers and how great it was. I met with Jane with my husband and she really took the time to get to know us. Our ceremony was perfect and all our family and friends felt it was beautiful. It was memorable for us and our friends and family!
    Danielle K. Married on 08/28/2021

Keith wedding 2021

We have known Jane for 10+ years! She was able to take small pieces of our life and create a beautiful and meaningful ceremony for us!! It was truly the most special day!
    Cheryl F. Married on 08/21/2021

Jane is absolutely wonderful!

Jane is absolutely wonderful and a joy to have had Officiate our wedding. She pays great attention to detail and puts a personal touch into our ceremony and vows. Everyone that attended raved about how beautiful our ceremony was! Thank you Jane
  • O
    Olivia Married on 07/31/2021

Jane works collaboratively and expertly with you to make your ceremony the highlight of your wedding

From our first phone call with Jane, we knew that she was the officiant for us. There is a reason why she has so many five star, rave reviews - she is amazing at what she does, and she genuinely cares. Jane took the time to get to know us as a couple, and helped make our wedding the best day ever. She has an amazing structure and flow to her ceremonies, and she had ideas that we had never even considered or seen done at any other wedding. At the same time, she was extremely patient and flexible. She was always 100% open to making changes and customizing our ceremony to make it exactly what we wanted. She helped guide us in writing our own vows, which ended up being a highlight of the entire day. By far the number one thing that we have received (and continue to receive) compliments on was was our ceremony. We are so grateful that we had the opportunity to work with Jane, and cannot recommend her more highly.
  • Samantha
    Samantha C. Married on 06/26/2021

Dream Come True

From the moment I met Jane and learned she was a Justice of the Peace, I knew she would be the one to marry me - even before I had someone to marry! Jane wrote the most beautiful ceremony for Vinnie & I, weaving humor and love so eloquently. I could not have imagined a better experience and can not say enough good things about Jane! She is and will continue to be the first name out of my mouth when asked for recommendations for an officiant!

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Samantha and Vin's wedding was the perfect counterbalance of lightheartedness and seriousness. The cadence of every part of their ceremony was perfect! I'll always remember how beautiful it was - and it was an honor to receive an email from her dad a few days after saying sharing the same sentiment!
  • Sarah
    Sarah W. Married on 06/26/2021

Kind, Creative, and Feels Like Family

Our wedding date was originally planned for June 27, 2020. We had met with Jane in our local Starbucks the previous fall to write our ceremony. She was incredibly thorough in learning about family dynamics, members of our bridal parties, and the things that made our relationship uniquely ours. We had planned a unity piece, reciprocal vows, and a children's book at her guidance, everything was beautiful and perfect.

Then, like many COVID brides, we had to plan and re-plan our wedding multiple times. We made the difficult decision to postpone the wedding we had planned for the safety of our families. We were legally married on June 26, 2020, but still wanted that ceremonial piece and to celebrate with all of our loved ones. We replanned our wedding for June 26, 2021, our one year anniversary. We reached back out to Jane, and she was thrilled to be able to join us for that day.

A lot of changes occurred in that year with our families, our relationship, and what we desired in a unity piece. Jane was incredibly flexible and went back to the drawing board, rewriting our entire ceremony with new reciprocal vows that reflected a renewal of our marriage values thus far, a handfasting unity piece which allowed our bridal parties to participate, and a new children’s book that fit our story. I read it probably a million times, happy tears every time, leading up to our renewal of vows day.

Jane is loving, she is patient, she is flexible, and so incredibly creative. Every ceremony she does is entirely unique to that couple’s journey. I know this from personal experience, but also from when we were in our dear friends Skyler and Kyle’s wedding. When she did their ceremony in 2019, we knew that we wanted no one but Jane to marry us.

My favorite thing about Jane is that she truly connects with every individual, not only us, but our families and bridal parties. The way she fosters genuine human connection makes her feel like another member of your family when that special day arrives. I highly recommend Jane to anyone looking to get married or renew their vows and would happily be a referral for anyone who would like to know more about our experience.

Thank you Jane for everything! We enjoyed every moment of working with you.

Ginny C. Married on 06/12/2021

Perfect Fit for our Vision

I would not hesitate to recommend Jane over and over again.
    Jane was the perfect fit for me and my husband’s vision of how we wanted our ceremony to go. She truly got to know us throughout the processes which made us feel so comfortable and was one of my favorite things about working with her. She helped blend our personal vows and readings with enough traditional wording to make our families happy.
    Jane’s experience is evident right away and so is her passion for what she does. During the rehearsal ceremony she made sure everyone knew what they were supposed to be doing which ensured a smooth and stress free ceremony the next day.
    If you are looking for someone who will listen to what you want, offer advice from experience, and truly make your vision become a reality- don’t hesitate to hire Jane.

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Stonewall Farm was the perfect venue to celebrate Ginny and Ben - every detail was in sync with their story and it was an honor to share their story with their families and closest friends. I am grateful for the honor.
    Kimberly D. Married on 06/05/2021

Amazing and Heartfelt

From the moment we got engaged, we knew we wanted Jane to be our officiant. Jane was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was able to craft the most beautiful ceremony, with personal touches of both of us incorporated with the utmost perfection. We wanted an amalgamation of many things, including handfasting and the traditional seven blessings, and she made those two cultural and religious pieces work together in a way that I could only imagine! Our ceremony from Jane was best described by one of our guests as, "the perfect blend of where we have been and where we are going." Thank you so much, Jane, for the best ceremony we could have hoped for!

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Kim and Matt were married at Allrose Farm in Greenfield, NH. This venue was the perfect background for them to celebrate with their friends and family. Every detail came together and we shared a hand fasting ceremony which was prolific - with their bridal party participating.
  • Lauren
    Lauren D. Married on 06/04/2021

Jane is an angel!

When our first officiant situation fell through I was stressed and nervous if we were even able to find someone last minute. I happen to find Jehn through WeddingWire and upon our first conversation I knew she was perfect for our day! She is sweet, down to earth, and exudes the best vibes. We are beyond thankful for her guidance, service, and for making our day magical.

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

I loved being part of your special day. So happy you asked Lauren! All the very best of everything to you and Garrett!
  • Damaris
    Damaris G. Married on 05/22/2021

Meaningful Ceremony!

My fiancé (now husband) and I knew we wanted an outdoor ceremony and wanted it to be meaningful, but we didn't know how to put our ideas together into a cohesive ceremony. Jane helped us put into words how we both felt about each other, and wrote an incredible ceremony that was 100% "us." Jane also helped us with a tree unity, which we later took back to our property and planted. Jane was very responsive and thoughtful and we would highly recommend her!
    Alyssa B. Married on 05/15/2021

Jane is wonderful!

Jane was great. She was very easy to talk to and worked very well with my husband and I coming up with a script for the ceremony. She made us feel comfortable. Very professional!

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Married at Cathedral of the Pines, Alyssa and her husband were easy to work with and down to earth.
  • Spencer
    Spencer A. Married on 04/08/2021

Cant say enough good things

Jane was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL to work with. She made the whole ceremony seamless. My husband and I wanted a romantic ceremony to express our love and she went above and beyond to make sure that all our needs were met to do so. She personalized our ceremony, which made it all the more special. Jane took the time to learn about my husband and myself to make sure she could embody our love in the best way. Highly highly recommend and so so wonderful to work with!!!
  • Dorothy
    Dorothy E. Married on 03/08/2021

Wonderful and so cheerful!

Jane was an absolute pleasure to work with! She filled in last minute and made our wedding day so special! She was easy-going and cheerful both on rehearsal day and the day of the wedding! She is such a professional and we are so grateful for her services!
  • Heather
    Heather L. Married on 02/10/2021

Personalized with great attention to detail

Jane is one of the best JPS in the area. From the moment you meet with her she spends her time getting to know you as a couple so she can personalize your wedding ceremon. Jane listens to your story of how life brought you together and she captures it in the ceremony with beautiful words, stories and quotes. If we had to go back and do it all again we would choose Jane in a heartbeat. Choosing her was a great descion, our ceremony was perfect it was exactly what we wanted. Jane's speaking voice is full of life, you can tell she is truly happy for the couple's she works with. She is never late and is very professional but always friendly! Jane always communicates promptly and really helps you to make the ceremony one of kind on your special day. I highly recommend Jane for anyone planning there wedding and looking for the perfect officiant, my husband and I will cherish her words for many years to come.

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Heather and Tristan were married at Heather's parents' home in Nelson, NH - every detail perfected for their all family audience! It was a heartfelt wedding!
  • Shannon
    Shannon Married on 11/14/2020

Best Decision We Made

Trying to write a review for Jane has been far more difficult than I imagined, simply because summarizing her in a few paragraphs could never do her justice, but I will do my best.

In our first meeting with Jane she had my husband and I walk her through our relationship and to describe the best things the other person brings to it. We talked about our foundations, values, and dreams as a couple all of which she artfully used to craft our unique and personal ceremony. We had a Beauty and the Beast themed wedding and she used a quote from the movie in the ceremony.

My husband and I were initially supposed to get married in April of 2020, but had to reschedule due to the initial spike of COVID in the US. Through the entire process of re-planning a wedding I cannot thank Jane enough for her patience as I searched for a new date, venue, incorporated/ anticipated new regulations on events... Along the way she had incredible suggestions for fun and alternative ideas to really make our wedding special and memorable.
  • Erin
    Erin Married on 10/03/2020

Sensational JOP

Jane was an amazing J.O.P, when we first met her we knew right away she was the right choice! Jane is super friendly and very well spoken. We had a conversation about the ceremony and the things we wanted to include & really tailored the ceremony it to us! Jane was clear and concise, and her artistic touches are unforgettable. Jane was more than we ever expected. We would recommend her to anybody!
    Thank you Jane!
    Erin & Nick
  • Nicole
    Nicole G. Married on 09/26/2020

Thought of everything!

I am SO glad we found Jane. Our original officiant ended up unable to make our wedding due to health issues so in the last week we had left Jane was able to accommodate us in such a way that we felt like we had been working with her the whole time. She made us feel extremely comfortable with our vows and explained everything. She took the time to get to know us and my husband and I LOVED having her as a part of our wedding. Not only did she adjust her schedule to fit us in but she made sure our wedding was perfect and even included a special moment of unity with my husband which we LOVED! Definitely ask about the painting!! I cannot thank her enough and can't wait to renew my vows already so we can have her a part of our lives regularly! Thank you SO MUCH!!!! :)
  • Ashlee
    Ashlee M. Married on 09/26/2020

Sweet and Understanding

Jane was an amazing officiant. She allowed my OCD, bridzilla spunk to take control and didn't mind at all. She respected our wishes and spoke beautifully at our wedding. I would highly recommend Jane!!!
    Hannah F. Married on 09/12/2020

Best JP ever - you will not be disappointed

Jane was the best JP i could have ever ask for. the ceremony was beautifully written and fit us perfectly. it’s like she had known us for years! after the ceremony was done everyone at the wedding kept telling us how great she was. i would HIGHLY recommend Jane for your wedding!
  • Betty
    Betty A. Married on 08/01/2020

Simply amazing

On August 1st I got married to my best friend, our original date was May 30th but that didn't happen for obvious reasons. We started planning our wedding last year and I located Jane on Weddingwire. We set up and appointment to meet and go over what we were looking for and to see if it was going to be a fit. That first inital meeting it was like she had known us for all of our lives. When we figured out that it wasn't going to happen on the 30th we contacted Jane and she agreed to marry us on the 14th of April and do our ceremony with our family when we were able to. If you are considering using Jane to preform your cermony, do it you will not be disappointed.
  • Laurel
    Laurel Married on 07/19/2020

A Beautiful Personalized Ceremony

I found Jane through a search online, but it turns out all I really needed to do was ask around, because she was the first name everyone thought of when I mentioned a JP. Based on our answers to a questionnaire Jane was able to put together a beautiful ceremony that was personalized to us. We are so glad we had Jane officiate our ceremony and would highly recommend her to anyone.