Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant Reviews

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 7
  • Laurel

Laurel · Getting married on 07/19/2020

A Beautiful Personalized Ceremony

I found Jane through a search online, but it turns out all I really needed to do was ask around, because she was the first name everyone thought of when I mentioned a JP. Based on our answers to a questionnaire Jane was able to put together a beautiful ceremony that was personalized to us. We are so glad we had Jane officiate our ceremony and would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 05/16/2019
  • Tammy

Tammy O'Brien Miles · Married on 08/03/2019

Wonderful ceremony

Jane did a fantastic job! Our ceremony was wonderful. She made our vows very personal, she quoted Mark Twain, she also added a ring warming ( everyone passed around our wedding rings and said a prayer, blessing or good wishes) which I loved! It included our families into the ceremony itself. Jane did a great job and was amazing. Thank you Jane!!

Sent on 08/19/2019
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 8
  • Tyler

Tyler Denis · Married on 07/08/2019

Perfect Ceremony

Jane was incredibly flexible in the planning and provided us a ceremony we will never forget.

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/06/2019

Thank you, Jane!

We are so lucky that we found Jane! She was so friendly and responsive in the months leading up to our wedding, and truly took the time to tailor our ceremony to fit us as a couple. She was also wonderfully reassuring when it rained right before our ceremony time. Our ceremony was beautiful and exactly what I hoped it would be. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Kerri

Kerri · Married on 06/08/2019

Perfect, personalized ceremony

Jane came highly recommended from our venue, and we were so lucky to have her officiate our wedding. She was extremely organized and on top of everything well ahead of time, which made the whole day run smoothly. She took the time to really get to know both of us and our relationship, and drafted a beautiful, personalized ceremony. One of our guests said that she assumed Jane was a close family friend, because she seemed to know us so well! We weren't really sure what we wanted to do for readings, and Jane was ready with some fantastic suggestions of books/quotes to use. We also wanted something unique for our unity, and Jane had a great idea for a painting unity, a beautiful keepsake we were able to hang in our home to look at and reminisce often. Her expertise and warmth helped us put together a ceremony that we loved and will remember forever. Thank you, Jane!

Sent on 08/18/2019
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 9

Hannah · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing job tailoring the ceremony to feel like "us"

I’ve been a wedding guest at several weddings that Jane has officiated and she always does such a nice job. I immediately thought of her when it was time for me to find an officiant for my wedding. As I expected, she was absolutely a delight to work with. Jane truly tailors the ceremony to you and your partner. We had a few phone calls in advance of the big day (meeting in person wasn’t an option due to distance), so that Jane could get a sense of how we envisioned our vows. She then writes a draft and shares it with you as a preview. Jane made our ceremony exactly what we wanted it to be! She is heartfelt and generous with her words—she brought laughter and happy tears to many guests’ (and our) eyes on the big day. Additionally, I was thrilled when Jane ran the show at our rehearsal. She clearly knows what she’s doing. (My bridesmaids were also impressed!) Most importantly, she made the ceremony feel like "us," and she helped to make our wedding an incredibly happy memory. We highly recommend Jane!

Sent on 06/21/2019
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 10
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 11

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Mayfair Farm in Harrisville, NH is the venue that Hannah and Dave chose for their wedding. I felt instantly at home when I arrived. It was a gorgeous day, and Hannah is right - we laughed and celebrated - facilitating most of my rehearsals is important - I prepare a detailed worksheet so that all the work is done beforehand - thank you for appreciating the process that we as Wedding Officiants hone over time - a genuine labor of love. Happy life Hannah and Dave!!!!!!!!!
  • Megan

Megan Korch · Married on 05/04/2019

Memorable wedding!

From the first phone call with Jane I knew she was the one I wanted to officiate our wedding. She really individualized our ceremony based on what my husband and I valued in life and each other and it was not like any other traditional wedding. I even heard “ awwws” from our guests after certain parts of the ceremony :) I highly recommend Jane !!

Sent on 05/17/2019

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Church Landing in Meredith, NH on a beautiful day provides vistas for couples' weddings that are incredible - Megan, a beautiful bride, had her guests on the edge of their seats and we waited for her arrival. Lennox, her groom was clearly in awe. They shared a painting unity and all the ceremony was the perfect mixture of light hearted and reverent - congratulations!
  • Dawn

Dawn · Married on 04/20/2019

Simply wonderful

Jane is the best of the best! She makes sure to get to know her couples as individuals as well as a couple. She encouraged us to write our own vows, but when it proved to be too overwhelming for us, she stepped right in an wrote beautiful reciprocal vows that were perfect for us! She also came up with the most beautiful unity ceremony idea we had ever seen. We are honored to have had Jane officiate our wedding, and more so to now call her a friend!

Sent on 04/27/2019
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 12

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Dawn and Brian were married at Stonewall Farm in Keene - surrounded by their children, their parents, their grandparents and their friends. I instantly felt like a member of their blended family. I could feel the love!
  • Amelia

Amelia Joseph · Married on 02/24/2019

Excellent and personalized ceremony!

Jane was awesome to work with! She wrote a very personalized and meaningful ceremony for my husband and I. We had a very small ceremony with immediate family only and everyone loved our ceremony and Jane’s professionalism. We highly recommend Jane as a JP!

Sent on 03/01/2019

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Amelia and Hunter were married at The Waterhouse Restaurant in Peterborough. Their ceremony was lovely and intimate. They are opposites who complement each other in all the right ways.
  • Charlotte

Charlotte Cosner · Married on 12/24/2018

So personal and helpful!

Jane listened to our story and wrote the most beautiful ceremony. Just reading the draft, I cried. She really took the time to understand us and what makes our relationship special. We received so many compliments about how amazing the ceremony was. She has become a treasured friend!

Sent on 01/13/2019
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 13

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Charlotte and Donn met when Charlotte was in college and Donn was in the US Navy - fast forward 20 years - they rekindle their friendship that evolves into love - and they get married on Christmas eve 2018. But the story doesn't end here. The night of their wedding, Donn gets a call to travel to PA for a kidney transplant as he has been on the list to get one for 7 years. Blessings abound - their ceremony was an intimate gathering at The Woodbound Inn in Rindge, NH! A lovely day for a lovely couple!

Kathleen · Married on 10/13/2018

My husband was lucky to know Jane prior to our big day but as soon as I met her, I fell in love. She is such a sweetheart and her and her husband are just great people. She made our day stress-free and made our ceremony exactly what we were wanting. We were proud to have her as our officiant and we hope to stay life-long friends with her! You would be absolutely silly not to hire Jane for your wedding!!!

Sent on 09/08/2018
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 14
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 15

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Waterville Valley was the location for this beautiful couple's nuptials. I love Kathleen and Dom - they feel more like family than friends. I wish them a lifetime of love and happiness.

jackie · Married on 09/16/2018

Jane was wonderful to work with! She was so professional, asked all the right questions, and crafted a ceremony that was perfect for us! She also made herself available very last minute- A true life saver. I had guests come up and compliment us on how amazing she was. Don't hesitate- Jane will handle your big day so you're stress free. We loved her!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Jackie was married at Pat's Peak in Henniker, NH - in a beautiful garden ceremony surrounded by family and friends. I had a few weeks to prepare for this wedding, because their prior officiant fell through, however, I felt like I had known them forever. With great communication we worked great together to create a memorable ceremony!

Ryan Seaver · Married on 09/07/2018

End of Summer wedding

What can I say? Amazing!!! I have known Jane for quite a while now and I have had lots of my friends get married and she has always been their Justice of the Peace and I knew that someday I was going to use her just from all their raving reviews. My wife went to a bridal show on weekend last year and came back to me and said "I found our officiant for our wedding" and I responded "I'm really sorry, but I've had my mind made up on who we are going to have, but maybe she was at the show" Sure enough, she had been talking about Jane and she was in awe with her knowledge and personality. About six months before the wedding, we met with Jane and she interviewed us as a couple and really got to know us. She talked about her different styles of weddings and just had what seemed to be unlimited options. She blew our mind with the thought of a unity tree and had some great sections in the ceremony that blew our audience away. We are still hearing about how awesome of a job she did! Come the wedding day, she kept me calm and collected and made sure I knew what was going on at all times. She is the best, we are so lucky to have been able to have her! Oh, and she answered about 1 million questions I asked about weddings! Thank you Jane for being you!!!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Ryan and Meryden's wedding was at Alyson's Orchard in Walpole, NH - where I officiate multiple times every year - their ceremony was a waterside ceremony and was filled with emotion, laughter and family. Thank you for trusting me to share your story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shay · Married on 08/18/2018

Jane did an amazing job. From the beginning, she had us fill out a survey to get a general idea of what we wanted, then met with us to get more details of who we are as a couple and how our ceremony would go. We wanted to do as little of the speaking as possible, and she really listened to our wishes and wrote the best ceremony on the first draft. My hubby and I read it and tried not to cry ☺️ At the rehearsal and wedding day, she helped get everyone set for their role in the ceremony, even when a few folks weren’t there until the day of. Her presence is calming and assuring. She also incorporates beautiful, personal elements like our handfasting which guests absolutely loved. The comment we got from many guests was “the ceremony was beautiful, and so...YOU.” That’s the perfect way to describe Jane’s work. Thank you!!!

Sent on 09/02/2018
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 16

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Shay and Thomas were married in Shay's family's backyard and they enjoyed a heartfelt hand fasting ceremony that embodied their statements of love - it was simply breathtaking - they are both on the shy side so a hand fasting was a great way to enjoy their vows and share a Celtic tradition!

Danielle · Married on 07/07/2018

Jane was the absolute best! She performed our wedding ceremony on 7/7/18, and we could not have asked for anyone better! My husband and I eloped back in August, so when we were planning the formal wedding, we knew we needed someone to make it special! Jane was amazing to work with! She is very flexible and accommodating. Our wedding was out of state and some of the bridal party was meeting for the first time at the rehearsal! She made me feel at ease and that things were going to be okay! Which they were! She put together an amazing ceremony and made our day even better!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Kelsey · Married on 06/23/2018

I can’t say enough good things about Jane! She is truly one of the best wedding officiants around! I have been a guest at least 2 weddings, and she performed my wedding ceremony last month (June 2018).

She made the process so easy, and was flexible with our requests and wants for the ceremony. The most amazing part was how well she understood our relationship from the one meeting we had with her and was able to write it so eloquently in our ceremony. She picked up little intricacies and really highlighted what made us “us”, which made for a really personal and powerful ceremony.

Jane, I can’t thank you enough for being part of our perfect day and making the ceremony so perfect<3

Sent on 07/23/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/02/2018

Our wedding experience with Jane was nothing short of extraordinary- beginning to happily ever after. In the moments before your big day, she has you both sit and think about what this whole marriage thing is about- she has you ponder the words of love, trust, family, and togetherness. And then when you’re completely consumed with emotion on your wedding day Jane brings you such a sense of peace. She has qualities that are absolutely delightful to have when you are planning for and on your big day. Regardless of how many times I told myself, you’re keeping it low key, no need to stress, blah blah blah... I stressed! And then my stress got stressed. Jane has this amazing way of just making you feel calm, no matter what may not be going exactly as planned. It was an absolute honor to have her officiate our wedding. Thoughtful words she left us with after she declared us forever partners, “it can keep getting better and you can keep getting closer”. You my dear friend, Jane, are a jem, we can’t thank you enough. And in the words of my new favorite children’s author, Amy Rosenthal, we wish you Jane, more hugs than ughs ❤️

Sent on 09/08/2018
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 21
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 22
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 23

Reyna · Married on 04/21/2018

Jane was absolutely amazing! I’ve heard nothing but good reviews about her and they were all right. Our family and friends loved her ceremony and so did my husband and I. She makes it so personal and memorable it’s more than just saying “I Do”. She works with you and really listens to what you want and is easy to get ahold of. We recommend her all the way!!

Sent on 05/02/2018
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 24
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 25

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Alyson's Orchard was a perfect venue for this amazing couple. Reyna's family wanted to include elements that were part of their family's culture. We did a lasso ceremony and the groom gave the bride 13 gold coins, which is also a Mexican tradition in a wedding. I continue to walk away from every ceremony I am honored to officiate with the knowledge that every couple's story is different - always tremendous cause for celebration.

Jennifer · Married on 12/29/2017

Jane is absolutely WONDERFUL! The ceremony that she officiated for my daughters wedding was one I will treasure she made the ceremony so special and the words she spoke were beautiful and heartwarming. Her guidance and ideas such as the unity painting made the ceremony memorable for all. If I could give 10 STARS I would!!!!

Sent on 01/14/2018
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 26

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Jennifer's daughter and son-in-law shared a winter wedding that also included a baptism of the bride in the ceremony - every piece was lovely and now the happy couple are active military living in Arkansas.

Carly · Married on 12/02/2017

Jane was amazing for our big day! She really took the time to get to know me and my husband and even our families. For the ceremony, it was so beautiful and special. Everyone was involved and the ceremony really encompassed who we are as a couple, with our families, and us as individuals. Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Caitlin · Married on 10/21/2017

Jane was wonderful to work with. We were not 100% sure which elements we wanted in our ceremony and she took us through options until we knew what was right for us. She wrote a beautiful ceremony that many guests complimented. Her delivery during the ceremony is beautiful. Working with Jane, it's obvious she loves what she does. We couldn't imagine a better officiant for our wedding day. Thank you Jane!!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Haley · Married on 10/08/2017

I have known Jane since I was a freshman in high school. I knew that I wanted Jane to craft our wedding ceremony the moment Aaron proposed. I have also been able to see weddings that she has done in the past, solidifying my confidence! She is very professional and very thorough and makes sure all the details are ready for the big day. Jane did a fabulous job and wrote the ceremony from her heart as well as our hearts after meeting Aaron and I as a couple. I received several compliments after the wedding about Jane's ceremony and ability to "work a room." Jane was wonderful, and I am so blessed to have had her part of my life as both a friend and part of our next chapter as husband and wife! Thank you, Jane!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Haley and Aaron were married in Whately, Mass, at The Quontquont Farm - a venue rich in history - they included their parents (combined 60+ years of marriage) in their ceremony, which was profound.
  • FutureKL

Kimberly · Married on 09/30/2017

Jane is the best of the best. We met her at a wedding show at our vendor, and my husband demanded on the way home that we MUST hire her, and so we did. What a great decision!! Jane met with us to talk, and also supplies a questionnaire where she can get to know the couple on a deeper level. She then creates a really personalized ceremony unique to the couple. She proposed a few wonderful unity piece ideas, and we were able to incorporate our lost loved ones (without it being too sad) in ours and ALSO our guestbook. She is personable and approachable and a STEAL if you can book her for your wedding. Thank you Jane for helping us in the most important and memorable part of the whole day!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Alyson's Orchard was the lovely backdrop for Nick and Kim - we enjoyed a painting unity which was fun and the orchard was replete with lots of people, creating traditions while this wedding filled the air with warmth and love.

Becca · Married on 09/09/2017

When I got engaged, there was no doubt in my mind that Jane would be our officiant. She is so easy to work with, flexible about literally everything and very professional! While there is so much to worry about when getting married, Jane wasn't one of them! She put all my worries to rest. I would (and have!) Suggested Jane to anyone who is looking for an officiant!!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Becca and Josh were married at The Shattuck in Jaffrey, NH. It was a great day for a great couple. I officiated for Becca's brother Zach a few years ago so it was challenging to make sure that every element and every word was different and unique. It was a truly humbling experience.
  • User6898518 · 1+ year ago

Jane is fantastic!
    We were a little worried about the ceremony - how can you put all of the things you feel for the other person into the right words?? Jane took the time to make us both feel comfortable with the process and did an amazing job. We couldn't have imagined anyone else marrying us!

Sent on 10/22/2017
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 27

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Michaela and Cho were married in Ipswich, Mass, at The Mansion at Turner Hill - beautiful venue for a beautiful couple - their ceremony spoke to their love. 200 people in the audience - a lifetime of love.