Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant Reviews

288 | Keene, NH

288 Reviews for Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant

• Charity · Getting married on 07/08/2022

Jane is a very passionate, compassionate beautiful person who puts all her love, care, time and individuality of each couple into her ceremonies!! A friend gave me a list of potential Wedding Officiants & when I saw Janes information, and her description I knew that she was the perfect one to Officiate our special day!! Janes ceremony was so beautiful & our family & friends are still talking about how beautiful the ceremony was. We shared laughs, & when I broke down with happiness during my vows Jane was there every step of the way helping me regather myself so that I could say her beautiful vows she had written for us audibly :) :). If you do not live in an area Jane covers, I would tell anyone to consider their wedding planning in an area she does just so you can experience working with such a amazing, genuine, and wonderful person as her!! Thank you Jane for all your time, love, flexibility, compassion & care you put into our special day. The ceremony was the most touching, memorable piece & Mike & I will hold your wisdom & love in out hearts always!! As you say... GO LOVE!! :) :)

Sent on 07/05/2015

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Charity and Mike got married in the Marble Room at Hidden Hills in Rindge. Charity's mom and her godmother walked her down the aisle to Mike and and Mike's dad was a groomsman. Family is simply the most important part of their lives - a family member made their cake and the list goes on. I was happy to be in the company of wonderful people as two lives and two sets of family and friends were joined together!
  • Dorothy

Dorothy E. · Married on 03/08/2021

Wonderful and so cheerful!

Jane was an absolute pleasure to work with! She filled in last minute and made our wedding day so special! She was easy-going and cheerful both on rehearsal day and the day of the wedding! She is such a professional and we are so grateful for her services!

Sent on 10/01/2020
  • Heather

Heather L. · Married on 02/10/2021

Personalized with great attention to detail

Jane is one of the best JPS in the area. From the moment you meet with her she spends her time getting to know you as a couple so she can personalize your wedding ceremon. Jane listens to your story of how life brought you together and she captures it in the ceremony with beautiful words, stories and quotes. If we had to go back and do it all again we would choose Jane in a heartbeat. Choosing her was a great descion, our ceremony was perfect it was exactly what we wanted. Jane's speaking voice is full of life, you can tell she is truly happy for the couple's she works with. She is never late and is very professional but always friendly! Jane always communicates promptly and really helps you to make the ceremony one of kind on your special day. I highly recommend Jane for anyone planning there wedding and looking for the perfect officiant, my husband and I will cherish her words for many years to come.

Sent on 11/10/2019

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Heather and Tristan were married at Heather's parents' home in Nelson, NH - every detail perfected for their all family audience! It was a heartfelt wedding!
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 11/14/2020

Best Decision We Made

Trying to write a review for Jane has been far more difficult than I imagined, simply because summarizing her in a few paragraphs could never do her justice, but I will do my best.

In our first meeting with Jane she had my husband and I walk her through our relationship and to describe the best things the other person brings to it. We talked about our foundations, values, and dreams as a couple all of which she artfully used to craft our unique and personal ceremony. We had a Beauty and the Beast themed wedding and she used a quote from the movie in the ceremony.

My husband and I were initially supposed to get married in April of 2020, but had to reschedule due to the initial spike of COVID in the US. Through the entire process of re-planning a wedding I cannot thank Jane enough for her patience as I searched for a new date, venue, incorporated/ anticipated new regulations on events... Along the way she had incredible suggestions for fun and alternative ideas to really make our wedding special and memorable.

Sent on 12/29/2020
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 10/03/2020

Sensational JOP

Jane was an amazing J.O.P, when we first met her we knew right away she was the right choice! Jane is super friendly and very well spoken. We had a conversation about the ceremony and the things we wanted to include & really tailored the ceremony it to us! Jane was clear and concise, and her artistic touches are unforgettable. Jane was more than we ever expected. We would recommend her to anybody!
    Thank you Jane!
    Erin & Nick

Sent on 11/08/2020
  • Ashlee

Ashlee M. · Married on 09/26/2020

Sweet and Understanding

Jane was an amazing officiant. She allowed my OCD, bridzilla spunk to take control and didn't mind at all. She respected our wishes and spoke beautifully at our wedding. I would highly recommend Jane!!!

Sent on 09/30/2020
  • Nicole

Nicole G. · Married on 09/26/2020

Thought of everything!

I am SO glad we found Jane. Our original officiant ended up unable to make our wedding due to health issues so in the last week we had left Jane was able to accommodate us in such a way that we felt like we had been working with her the whole time. She made us feel extremely comfortable with our vows and explained everything. She took the time to get to know us and my husband and I LOVED having her as a part of our wedding. Not only did she adjust her schedule to fit us in but she made sure our wedding was perfect and even included a special moment of unity with my husband which we LOVED! Definitely ask about the painting!! I cannot thank her enough and can't wait to renew my vows already so we can have her a part of our lives regularly! Thank you SO MUCH!!!! :)

Sent on 10/06/2020

Hannah F. · Married on 09/12/2020

Best JP ever - you will not be disappointed

Jane was the best JP i could have ever ask for. the ceremony was beautifully written and fit us perfectly. it’s like she had known us for years! after the ceremony was done everyone at the wedding kept telling us how great she was. i would HIGHLY recommend Jane for your wedding!

Sent on 09/30/2020
  • Betty

Betty A. · Married on 08/01/2020

Simply amazing

On August 1st I got married to my best friend, our original date was May 30th but that didn't happen for obvious reasons. We started planning our wedding last year and I located Jane on Weddingwire. We set up and appointment to meet and go over what we were looking for and to see if it was going to be a fit. That first inital meeting it was like she had known us for all of our lives. When we figured out that it wasn't going to happen on the 30th we contacted Jane and she agreed to marry us on the 14th of April and do our ceremony with our family when we were able to. If you are considering using Jane to preform your cermony, do it you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/11/2020
  • Laurel

Laurel · Married on 07/19/2020

A Beautiful Personalized Ceremony

I found Jane through a search online, but it turns out all I really needed to do was ask around, because she was the first name everyone thought of when I mentioned a JP. Based on our answers to a questionnaire Jane was able to put together a beautiful ceremony that was personalized to us. We are so glad we had Jane officiate our ceremony and would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 05/16/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen L. · Married on 05/30/2020

Fantastic job done

Our JP cancelled last minute and we found Jane online. She didn't even get a chance to meet us. And let me tell you her vows were amazing. She's a wonderful person. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/11/2020
  • Jason

Jason P. · Married on 05/04/2020

Nice day for a pandemic wedding! 👰🏼 🎩 🦠

Thanks to Covid-19 our plans to be married in Austria had to be put on hold. We decide we wanted to keep the date and started making a new plan.
    After a quick local search we found Jane! Jane was very accommodating and even under short notice, during stressful and uncertain times, (pandemic) was able to help us.

From our initial contact to our special day, she took good care of us. We filled out a questionnaire that magically transformed into a personalized, touching, beautiful beginning to our story.

Jane was flexible and very easy to work with. She made us feel very comfortable. She was perfect. We were so happy we chose Jane to be part of our special day. I can only imagine you will be too! Thank you making it sure a lovely ceremony.

Sent on 07/04/2020
  • Katelyn

Katelyn K. · Married on 10/19/2019

Very professional!

Jane is great! We had a last minute shift and she wasn't able to be our JP but she was great to work with very interactive, wanted to learn all about us and provided a questionnaire that asked all about our journey.

A last minute shift in location caused us to no longer be able to work with Jane and she was very understanding.

Sent on 10/22/2019

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

I loved working with Katelyn and even though I wasn't able to officiate for her and her husband due to a time snafu, I feel honored that she would still post a review!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer H. · Married on 10/12/2019

Jane is Awesome!

My Husband and I put together a wedding in 1 month. Thanks to Jane who made it so easy for us! She traveled to the middle of the woods to our home to perform our wedding. She was professional, helpful and wrote us a beautiful ceremony that included our kids. The personal touches she made were prefect and was able to make our short deadline! Thank you Jane for all you did for us!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Jen and Tom had an evening wedding at their home in Alstead - I could feel the connection of family and close friends when as soon as I parked my car. They are a couple who prides themselves on making people feel comfortable by virtue of their example of love. The night air was filled with love!

Spencer · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing!

Jane is hands down one of the best vendors we worked with for our wedding. She made the whole process easy and enjoyable. My fiance, now husband was extremely nervous to read his vows, but Jane planned everything in such a way that he felt at ease. She puts in so much work to make the day special for each individual couple. We can't say enough good things about her. HIGHLY recommend her to anyone looking to make their ceremony specialized and personal

Sent on 12/16/2019

Stephanie · Married on 09/20/2019

Jane is awesome!

I can't say enough about how amazing Jane is. When I first reached out to her we had an hour long phone call and she brought me to tears with all of her awesome ideas! She was so flexible and easy to communicate with, and everything was so timely. You feel like you can truly build a connection with her in such a short amount of time and I think that really shows through in the ceremony she wrote for us. She is sincere and genuine and she has so much love for each and every one of her clients! I am so thankful we chose Jane to be our officiant!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Sherrie

Sherrie L. · Married on 09/07/2019

We fell in love with her over the phone, immediate connection!

We initially reached out to Jane for feedback on family marrying us, within minutes on the phone we decided she was the one marrying us! My husband who made very few suggestions heard her through the phone and was giving me thumbs up. Jane is very personable and she makes your ceremony about you and special. We quickly set up a meeting where we just talked, asked questions and she found out so much about us in a short period of time. Her ceremony was beautiful, personal and unique, written for George and I, not something used 100's times. She spends time and thought and makes the couples day special. She incorporated a reading by my sister in the ceremony and it was seemless. Jane has lots of ideas, but let's the couple make the final decisions. We chose to do a painting at the end of our ceremony which now hangs in our home as a beautiful memory of the day we became husband and wife. I would tell any bride and groom, if you're looking for someone who does this as a job... Go somewhere else. If you're looking for someone who is passionate, believes in love and marriage, someone who takes the time to know you as both an individual and a couple... Jane is your person! Thank you for making our day truly special and unique Jane!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Rachel B. · Married on 08/17/2019

Jane is amazing!

Jane was an amazing officiant! She was so helpful and patient during the planning process and our ceremony was absolutely perfect. We will cherish her words for many years to come! I would highly recommend her to anyone getting married in the lakes region region area. Thanks, Jane!

Sent on 12/14/2019
  • Tammy

Tammy O. · Married on 08/03/2019

Wonderful ceremony

Jane did a fantastic job! Our ceremony was wonderful. She made our vows very personal, she quoted Mark Twain, she also added a ring warming ( everyone passed around our wedding rings and said a prayer, blessing or good wishes) which I loved! It included our families into the ceremony itself. Jane did a great job and was amazing. Thank you Jane!!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Elizabeth J. · Married on 07/28/2019

Jane Rokes made our wedding day perfect!

This past July we had an intimate wedding with family at a private home in Surry, New Hampshire. Since we are out of state residents, we located our wedding officiant, Jane Rokes, on line. She responded immediately to our initial inquiry and was always accessible during the planning stage. We were extremely pleased with her approach in guiding us on creating a ceremony that was uniquely our own. She made an over whelming task a wonderful and memorable experience. We met Jane on the day of our wedding and her friendliness and professionalism was calming and greatly appreciated. We are so very happy that we chose Jane as our JP. She is excellent and made our wedding a perfect day!

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Tyler

Tyler D. · Married on 07/08/2019

Perfect Ceremony

Jane was incredibly flexible in the planning and provided us a ceremony we will never forget.

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/06/2019

Thank you, Jane!

We are so lucky that we found Jane! She was so friendly and responsive in the months leading up to our wedding, and truly took the time to tailor our ceremony to fit us as a couple. She was also wonderfully reassuring when it rained right before our ceremony time. Our ceremony was beautiful and exactly what I hoped it would be. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Kerri

Kerri · Married on 06/08/2019

Perfect, personalized ceremony

Jane came highly recommended from our venue, and we were so lucky to have her officiate our wedding. She was extremely organized and on top of everything well ahead of time, which made the whole day run smoothly. She took the time to really get to know both of us and our relationship, and drafted a beautiful, personalized ceremony. One of our guests said that she assumed Jane was a close family friend, because she seemed to know us so well! We weren't really sure what we wanted to do for readings, and Jane was ready with some fantastic suggestions of books/quotes to use. We also wanted something unique for our unity, and Jane had a great idea for a painting unity, a beautiful keepsake we were able to hang in our home to look at and reminisce often. Her expertise and warmth helped us put together a ceremony that we loved and will remember forever. Thank you, Jane!

Sent on 08/18/2019

Hannah · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing job tailoring the ceremony to feel like "us"

I’ve been a wedding guest at several weddings that Jane has officiated and she always does such a nice job. I immediately thought of her when it was time for me to find an officiant for my wedding. As I expected, she was absolutely a delight to work with. Jane truly tailors the ceremony to you and your partner. We had a few phone calls in advance of the big day (meeting in person wasn’t an option due to distance), so that Jane could get a sense of how we envisioned our vows. She then writes a draft and shares it with you as a preview. Jane made our ceremony exactly what we wanted it to be! She is heartfelt and generous with her words—she brought laughter and happy tears to many guests’ (and our) eyes on the big day. Additionally, I was thrilled when Jane ran the show at our rehearsal. She clearly knows what she’s doing. (My bridesmaids were also impressed!) Most importantly, she made the ceremony feel like "us," and she helped to make our wedding an incredibly happy memory. We highly recommend Jane!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Mayfair Farm in Harrisville, NH is the venue that Hannah and Dave chose for their wedding. I felt instantly at home when I arrived. It was a gorgeous day, and Hannah is right - we laughed and celebrated - facilitating most of my rehearsals is important - I prepare a detailed worksheet so that all the work is done beforehand - thank you for appreciating the process that we as Wedding Officiants hone over time - a genuine labor of love. Happy life Hannah and Dave!!!!!!!!!
  • Megan

Megan K. · Married on 05/04/2019

Memorable wedding!

From the first phone call with Jane I knew she was the one I wanted to officiate our wedding. She really individualized our ceremony based on what my husband and I valued in life and each other and it was not like any other traditional wedding. I even heard “ awwws” from our guests after certain parts of the ceremony :) I highly recommend Jane !!

Sent on 05/17/2019

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Church Landing in Meredith, NH on a beautiful day provides vistas for couples' weddings that are incredible - Megan, a beautiful bride, had her guests on the edge of their seats and we waited for her arrival. Lennox, her groom was clearly in awe. They shared a painting unity and all the ceremony was the perfect mixture of light hearted and reverent - congratulations!