Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant Reviews

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 7
  • Charlotte

Charlotte Cosner · Married on 12/24/2018

So personal and helpful!

Jane listened to our story and wrote the most beautiful ceremony. Just reading the draft, I cried. She really took the time to understand us and what makes our relationship special. We received so many compliments about how amazing the ceremony was. She has become a treasured friend!

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 8

Kathleen · Married on 10/13/2018

My husband was lucky to know Jane prior to our big day but as soon as I met her, I fell in love. She is such a sweetheart and her and her husband are just great people. She made our day stress-free and made our ceremony exactly what we were wanting. We were proud to have her as our officiant and we hope to stay life-long friends with her! You would be absolutely silly not to hire Jane for your wedding!!!

Sent on 09/08/2018
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 9
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 10

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Waterville Valley was the location for this beautiful couple's nuptials. I love Kathleen and Dom - they feel more like family than friends. I wish them a lifetime of love and happiness.

jackie · Married on 09/16/2018

Jane was wonderful to work with! She was so professional, asked all the right questions, and crafted a ceremony that was perfect for us! She also made herself available very last minute- A true life saver. I had guests come up and compliment us on how amazing she was. Don't hesitate- Jane will handle your big day so you're stress free. We loved her!

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Jackie was married at Pat's Peak in Henniker, NH - in a beautiful garden ceremony surrounded by family and friends. I had a few weeks to prepare for this wedding, because their prior officiant fell through, however, I felt like I had known them forever. With great communication we worked great together to create a memorable ceremony!

Ryan Seaver · Married on 09/07/2018

End of Summer wedding

What can I say? Amazing!!! I have known Jane for quite a while now and I have had lots of my friends get married and she has always been their Justice of the Peace and I knew that someday I was going to use her just from all their raving reviews. My wife went to a bridal show on weekend last year and came back to me and said "I found our officiant for our wedding" and I responded "I'm really sorry, but I've had my mind made up on who we are going to have, but maybe she was at the show" Sure enough, she had been talking about Jane and she was in awe with her knowledge and personality. About six months before the wedding, we met with Jane and she interviewed us as a couple and really got to know us. She talked about her different styles of weddings and just had what seemed to be unlimited options. She blew our mind with the thought of a unity tree and had some great sections in the ceremony that blew our audience away. We are still hearing about how awesome of a job she did! Come the wedding day, she kept me calm and collected and made sure I knew what was going on at all times. She is the best, we are so lucky to have been able to have her! Oh, and she answered about 1 million questions I asked about weddings! Thank you Jane for being you!!!

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Ryan and Meryden's wedding was at Alyson's Orchard in Walpole, NH - where I officiate multiple times every year - their ceremony was a waterside ceremony and was filled with emotion, laughter and family. Thank you for trusting me to share your story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shay · Married on 08/18/2018

Jane did an amazing job. From the beginning, she had us fill out a survey to get a general idea of what we wanted, then met with us to get more details of who we are as a couple and how our ceremony would go. We wanted to do as little of the speaking as possible, and she really listened to our wishes and wrote the best ceremony on the first draft. My hubby and I read it and tried not to cry ☺️ At the rehearsal and wedding day, she helped get everyone set for their role in the ceremony, even when a few folks weren’t there until the day of. Her presence is calming and assuring. She also incorporates beautiful, personal elements like our handfasting which guests absolutely loved. The comment we got from many guests was “the ceremony was beautiful, and so...YOU.” That’s the perfect way to describe Jane’s work. Thank you!!!

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 11

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Shay and Thomas were married in Shay's family's backyard and they enjoyed a heartfelt hand fasting ceremony that embodied their statements of love - it was simply breathtaking - they are both on the shy side so a hand fasting was a great way to enjoy their vows and share a Celtic tradition!

Danielle · Married on 07/07/2018

Jane was the absolute best! She performed our wedding ceremony on 7/7/18, and we could not have asked for anyone better! My husband and I eloped back in August, so when we were planning the formal wedding, we knew we needed someone to make it special! Jane was amazing to work with! She is very flexible and accommodating. Our wedding was out of state and some of the bridal party was meeting for the first time at the rehearsal! She made me feel at ease and that things were going to be okay! Which they were! She put together an amazing ceremony and made our day even better!

Kelsey · Married on 06/23/2018

I can’t say enough good things about Jane! She is truly one of the best wedding officiants around! I have been a guest at least 2 weddings, and she performed my wedding ceremony last month (June 2018).

She made the process so easy, and was flexible with our requests and wants for the ceremony. The most amazing part was how well she understood our relationship from the one meeting we had with her and was able to write it so eloquently in our ceremony. She picked up little intricacies and really highlighted what made us “us”, which made for a really personal and powerful ceremony.

Jane, I can’t thank you enough for being part of our perfect day and making the ceremony so perfect<3

Ashley · Married on 06/02/2018

Our wedding experience with Jane was nothing short of extraordinary- beginning to happily ever after. In the moments before your big day, she has you both sit and think about what this whole marriage thing is about- she has you ponder the words of love, trust, family, and togetherness. And then when you’re completely consumed with emotion on your wedding day Jane brings you such a sense of peace. She has qualities that are absolutely delightful to have when you are planning for and on your big day. Regardless of how many times I told myself, you’re keeping it low key, no need to stress, blah blah blah... I stressed! And then my stress got stressed. Jane has this amazing way of just making you feel calm, no matter what may not be going exactly as planned. It was an absolute honor to have her officiate our wedding. Thoughtful words she left us with after she declared us forever partners, “it can keep getting better and you can keep getting closer”. You my dear friend, Jane, are a jem, we can’t thank you enough. And in the words of my new favorite children’s author, Amy Rosenthal, we wish you Jane, more hugs than ughs ❤️

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 12
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 13
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 14
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 15
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 16
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 17
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 18

Reyna · Married on 04/21/2018

Jane was absolutely amazing! I’ve heard nothing but good reviews about her and they were all right. Our family and friends loved her ceremony and so did my husband and I. She makes it so personal and memorable it’s more than just saying “I Do”. She works with you and really listens to what you want and is easy to get ahold of. We recommend her all the way!!

Sent on 05/02/2018
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 19
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 20

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Alyson's Orchard was a perfect venue for this amazing couple. Reyna's family wanted to include elements that were part of their family's culture. We did a lasso ceremony and the groom gave the bride 13 gold coins, which is also a Mexican tradition in a wedding. I continue to walk away from every ceremony I am honored to officiate with the knowledge that every couple's story is different - always tremendous cause for celebration.

Jennifer · Married on 12/29/2017

Jane is absolutely WONDERFUL! The ceremony that she officiated for my daughters wedding was one I will treasure she made the ceremony so special and the words she spoke were beautiful and heartwarming. Her guidance and ideas such as the unity painting made the ceremony memorable for all. If I could give 10 STARS I would!!!!

Sent on 01/14/2018
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 21

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Jennifer's daughter and son-in-law shared a winter wedding that also included a baptism of the bride in the ceremony - every piece was lovely and now the happy couple are active military living in Arkansas.

Carly · Married on 12/02/2017

Jane was amazing for our big day! She really took the time to get to know me and my husband and even our families. For the ceremony, it was so beautiful and special. Everyone was involved and the ceremony really encompassed who we are as a couple, with our families, and us as individuals. Thank you so much!

Caitlin · Married on 10/21/2017

Jane was wonderful to work with. We were not 100% sure which elements we wanted in our ceremony and she took us through options until we knew what was right for us. She wrote a beautiful ceremony that many guests complimented. Her delivery during the ceremony is beautiful. Working with Jane, it's obvious she loves what she does. We couldn't imagine a better officiant for our wedding day. Thank you Jane!!

Haley · Married on 10/08/2017

I have known Jane since I was a freshman in high school. I knew that I wanted Jane to craft our wedding ceremony the moment Aaron proposed. I have also been able to see weddings that she has done in the past, solidifying my confidence! She is very professional and very thorough and makes sure all the details are ready for the big day. Jane did a fabulous job and wrote the ceremony from her heart as well as our hearts after meeting Aaron and I as a couple. I received several compliments after the wedding about Jane's ceremony and ability to "work a room." Jane was wonderful, and I am so blessed to have had her part of my life as both a friend and part of our next chapter as husband and wife! Thank you, Jane!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Haley and Aaron were married in Whately, Mass, at The Quontquont Farm - a venue rich in history - they included their parents (combined 60+ years of marriage) in their ceremony, which was profound.
  • FutureKL

Kimberly · Married on 09/30/2017

Jane is the best of the best. We met her at a wedding show at our vendor, and my husband demanded on the way home that we MUST hire her, and so we did. What a great decision!! Jane met with us to talk, and also supplies a questionnaire where she can get to know the couple on a deeper level. She then creates a really personalized ceremony unique to the couple. She proposed a few wonderful unity piece ideas, and we were able to incorporate our lost loved ones (without it being too sad) in ours and ALSO our guestbook. She is personable and approachable and a STEAL if you can book her for your wedding. Thank you Jane for helping us in the most important and memorable part of the whole day!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Alyson's Orchard was the lovely backdrop for Nick and Kim - we enjoyed a painting unity which was fun and the orchard was replete with lots of people, creating traditions while this wedding filled the air with warmth and love.

Becca · Married on 09/09/2017

When I got engaged, there was no doubt in my mind that Jane would be our officiant. She is so easy to work with, flexible about literally everything and very professional! While there is so much to worry about when getting married, Jane wasn't one of them! She put all my worries to rest. I would (and have!) Suggested Jane to anyone who is looking for an officiant!!

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Becca and Josh were married at The Shattuck in Jaffrey, NH. It was a great day for a great couple. I officiated for Becca's brother Zach a few years ago so it was challenging to make sure that every element and every word was different and unique. It was a truly humbling experience.
  • User6898518 · 1+ year ago

Jane is fantastic!
    We were a little worried about the ceremony - how can you put all of the things you feel for the other person into the right words?? Jane took the time to make us both feel comfortable with the process and did an amazing job. We couldn't have imagined anyone else marrying us!

Sent on 10/22/2017
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 22

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Michaela and Cho were married in Ipswich, Mass, at The Mansion at Turner Hill - beautiful venue for a beautiful couple - their ceremony spoke to their love. 200 people in the audience - a lifetime of love.

Sally · Married on 08/26/2017

I've known Jane since I was in elementary school with her daughter. She officiated my sister in laws wedding a few years ago and when I realized she was a JP I knew she was the one I wanted for ours. My husband is not the type to show emotion or say how he feels, so she have us a short list of words to define based on our definitions together. She then created our vows from there. It was amazing. She told us that she wanted to do something special for have knowing me my whole life. So.... I didn't start with a bouquet. I collected flowers from special people who had made a special impact on my life before and after meeting my husband. When I got down the aisle to my husband I had a full bouquet. Our theme/colors were tie dye so for our unity piece she had me get a blank white canvas and between myself my husband and our 3 children we poured 4 colors down from the top of canvas to make our tie dye unity piece, then used it as our guest book for people to sign. Everything about our ceremony was amazing and I'm very thankful! So many people said it was the best wedding ceremony they had been to because it was totally my husband and I 100% there was nothing fake about it. I strongly recommend you have Jane officiate your wedding. You won't be disappointed! I guarantee! She takes the time to get to know you and make your ceremony about you and what you want! Thank you so much Jane!

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 23

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Sally and Marko were married at Marko's family home in Swanzey, NH. I had officiated for Marko's sister, Lauren, years earlier. Sally worked hard to make sure every detail was perfect. Sally collected her bouquet, as she mentioned, walking down the aisle. Each flower came from a family member or close friend.

Allison · Married on 08/20/2017

Jane is such a loving and caring person. She takes many hours specializing your perfect vows- I highly recommed Jane E. Rokes :)

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Allison and Jeff were married in her parents' yard - which is sprawling and lovely.
    A backyard wedding is as challenging as any venue wedding, since you have to bring your vendors in and fill the space so it is aesthetically pleasing. Mission accomplished. The space was warm and inviting and writing a ceremony that resonated to them in the same way their ceremony site was important was a task I welcomed. Much love Alli and Jeff.

Stacey · Married on 08/19/2017

Jane was wonderful as our wedding officiant. Jane is a pleasure to work with and made the whole process smooth and easy for us. She sent us out an in depth questionnaire to really learn about who we are and what makes our relationship work. Based on our answers, Jane put together a beautiful and memorable wedding ceremony that was personal and meaningful to us. Thank you Jane for making our day special! Stacey & Mike

Lily · Married on 08/19/2017

Jane was amazing! She was super flexible and willing to work with our short time frame in preparing our ceremony, she was even willing to travel to Vermont to perform our ceremony for us. My fiancé and I wanted a personalized ceremony but were having a difficult time writing our own vows, after answering a short questioner and sharing our vision with her, Jane was able to write a beautiful set of vows and bring our ceremony vision to life! She worked with us and helped every step of the way. We could not have asked for a better, more genuine, caring person to officially name us Mr & Mrs! ❤️

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant 24

Shannon · Married on 08/12/2017

Jane was awesome to work with. She officiated my sisters wedding in 2016, whose ceremony was amazing, so I knew I wanted her to officiate ours as well. She is kind and compassionate. She has a talent for writing her ceremonies. She got to know us and made it personal and fit us perfectly. We got several compliments on our ceremony. Everyone could hear her as she projected her voice without needing a mic. She came up with a very special sand and stone ceremony for us and now we have a beautiful keepsake for many years to come. Her enthusiasm and passion make it evident that she loves what she does. Thank you Jane for writing such a special ceremony for us!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Shannon and Jason were married at Hidden Hills in Rindge, NH - As Shannon mentioned, I officiated for her sister a year earlier and their ceremonies were entirely unique from each other - every element. They added a tropical feel to their ceremony with their exotic choice of colors and pineapples lining the aisle. They enjoyed beautiful photo opportunities by virtue of their decor. Shannon was a beautiful bride.

Jewel · Married on 08/12/2017

Jane did my wedding in August. My husband and I gave her a challenge writing our wedding because of how completely opposite we are. But we couldn't have put our trust in the hands of anyone better. I wanted to write vows, my husband did because he's quite shy, and she came up with a great solution of having us define several words "marriage, love, trust, etc." And then took our definitions of those words and wrote beautiful vows for us to repeat. I couldn't have thought of anything better myself. Drew and I were extremely pleased with our ceremony, and the direction she gave us in preparing it. After our wedding so many people came up to us and commented on the fact that it was the most beautifully written ceremony they have seen. Jane really has a way with words, and you're missing our if you don't use her as your JP!

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Jewel is a gem. Her wedding was at the home of her husband's grandparents with views of Mount Monadnock in Cheshire County - pretty as the day is long. We laughed and enjoyed the nearly 200 guests that added a deep sense of comfort as they move into the next chapter of their lives. I am a fortunate Officiant to have officiated for them.

Kristen · Married on 07/07/2017

Jane was amazing! We have known her for many years and when we decided to get married there was no other place to look that her to do our ceremony. She wrote 2 separate ceremonies, one being a family ceremony that involved my husband's children and our families with a special canvas painting activity. The large ceremony, she wrote from our hearts and hers as well. There wasn't a dry eye in the place! She added so many heartfelt family touches as well as our own personal touches to make it special and perfect. To say we are happy and pleased is an understatement, Jane is amazing and we love her!!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Kristen and Jason married at Mt. Snow in Vermont - the venue is lovely and the staff is extremely helpful. Before I performed their ceremony, I wrote a family ceremony for Jason, Kristen and Jason's two daughters from a prior relationship - it was heartfelt and very sweet.
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 06/24/2017

From the moment we spoke on the phone, my now husband and I knew we wanted Jane to officiant our ceremony. She sends you this amazing questionnaire that helps her get to know your background as a couple, your shared goals and values, your family, and what you want out of a marriage. The ceremony she wrote for us was not only beautiful, but made us feel like she had known us our whole lives. It was so deeply personal and unique to us as a couple. Our guests keep commenting on how moved they were by her words, there wasn't one dry eye in the house throughout the whole ceremony! She is such a gifted writer and a wonderful person. We are so grateful we got to work with her. Thank you Jane, we will cherish your words forever!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Nicole and Nate were married at LaBelle Winery in Amherst, NH and Nicole is right - we shared an instant connection, because we both listened and valued each other's opinions throughout the entire process - hmm, kind of like a successful marriage. When I close my eyes, I can still see Nate standing next to me with a tear in his eye as his beautiful bride descended "the aisle." It was amazing!

Christina · Married on 06/18/2017

Jane was so wonderful to work with. We met briefly a couple times, filled out a questionnaire, answered a few questions and with just a little information she wrote the most beautiful ceremony. She spoke of us like she's known us our whole lives. We told her different ideas we had, and she suggested doing a handfasting for our vows, and it couldn't have worked out more perfectly. We were able to include our children and our wedding party in the handfasting and it made everything that much more special. I would definitely recommend Jane to anyone looking for an officiant :)

Sent on 08/06/2017

Jane E. Rokes, NH Justice of the Peace / Wedding Officiant's reply:

Performing a hand fasting ceremony, which is a Celtic ritual is wonderful and unique. Christina and her husband included their bridal party and children in the hand fasting as well.