433 SW 32nd Terr, Topeka, KS 66611 Map · Phone number

About Jade's Design Alterations & Embroidery

At Jade's we specialize in dedication to the details that make each bride and bridal party member look and feel as special as their role in the event. Our staff knows how important even the smallest detail is, and are ready and willing to go the distance to ensure that the gowns are expertly altered to look perfect for the special event.

We have over 30 years experience in construction and alteration of the bridal party garments, and usually have a 2 to 4 week turn around. We also can accommodate rushes for a small fee. Jade's also specializes in custom work or toppers that we create as cover ups of any kind to comply with religious or cultural needs. Once we get the understanding of what is needed, your gown will absolutely be one of a kind and a perfect impression of you.Whether it is adding a beautiful belt or reconstructing a bodice or skirt to fit your individual taste, Jade's can accommodate any custom wedding gown alteration requests.

The bridal party alterations or construction needs are a priority as well, and we can perform any alteration request or construction need.

Follow Jade's Design Alterations & Embroidery on

Jade's Design Alterations & Embroidery 5
Jade's Design Alterations & Embroidery 6
Jade's Design Alterations & Embroidery 7

Serena · Married on 01/02/2016

I would recommend anyone who needs alterations to go to Jades. The work is flawless!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Desiree · Married on 11/05/2016

Pam was great to work with. She has been doing this for many years and you can tell in her beautiful work. Her prices are amazing! She worked on my wedding dress, and made it perfect for my big day. She added straps, a belt, bustle, and hemmed my dress for $250 total. Quick service. And gave me a complementary steam right before the big day. I am recommending her to anyone that is having a special occasion or just to shorten some slacks. Great business.

Sent on 11/23/2016

1.0
      3.0
      2.0

Complete Disaster!

We choose Jade's because we saw her booth at a bridal fair and we're impressed with her work. I scheduled a fitting two and a half months before the wedding to make sure there was plenty of time to get alterations done. While I was there for the fitting, I saw a dress that she had on consignment that I really liked and tried it on. I decided I liked her consignment dress better than the dress I had. She agreed to simply trade my dress for the dress on consignment. The consignment dress didn't need any alterations because it fit perfectly, but it showed a little bit of wear from being used in runway shows at bridal expos. She agreed to do the repairs at no charge since I was trading a $650 Mori Lee bridal gown for her consignment dress.

We told her we would come back for the dress in the month to give her plenty of time to do the list of things that needed fixed. When I called to find out if I need an appointment to pick up the dress, they could not find it. I offered to come in and show them the pictures that we took at the fitting to help them find it, but they had found it by the time I got there. However, some of the repairs still needed to be done so she asked to keep it for a couple more days.

When I came to pick up the dress, I didn't have time to try it on or really even look it over before I brought it home. Once I got it home, I realized that not all the alterations were done and the two things that did get done we're done extremely badly. The bra back that someone had cut out of the dress and she agreed to replace was completely frankensteined and done with velcro instead of eye hooks. It was also extremely thick and created an obvious bump under the corseting. The tiny snag in the lace on the train of the dress wasn't repaired. Instead, most of the lace on the edge of the train was cut off and replaced with an entirely different type of lace. The replacement lace was also white, even though the dress and existing lace were ivory.

The existing stain on the train wasn't cleaned like she promised, and there was a new blood stain on the lace and satin of the train. The pleat in the bodice that was supposed to be sewn back in place was still loose and the seam at the bottom of the corseting was still ripped. The frayed parts of the hem weren't repaired either.

When I called to find out why a lot of the alterations weren't done, she didn't apologize and only gave excuses about her personal life being busy. I decided to return the consignment dress and get my Mori Lee gown back. When I picked up my original gown, it had NEW stains on it that looked like rust. The sequins on the bodice had yellowed as well and the tag was torn off. Now my only option is to try to get my new, never worn Mori Lee gown cleaned and altered somewhere else and hope it's done in time. I can't even sell the Mori Lee gown as "new with tags" since she tore the tag off of it.

I am amazed at how badly this all turned out with a vendor we found at a bridal expo. She seemed so nice and professional. I never would have expected a disaster like this. One of the reasons I chose her, even though she was more expensive than other places, was to try and avoid a catastrophe like this.

Sent on 08/26/2019
    Jade's Design Alterations & Embroidery 20
    Jade's Design Alterations & Embroidery 21

Jade's Design Alterations & Embroidery FAQ

• How do you price dress alterations? By Piece
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Appointments Only, Consignment, Full Customization, Rentals
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Gowns, Customary Attire, Dress Replicas, Formal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Shoes, Undergarments, Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown? Less than 6 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns? Seasonally, Weekly
  • What is your return policy? Final Sales

• 433 SW 32nd Terr Topeka, 66611 See on map
    785-408-5771 (Phone number)
    785-271-2185 (Other Phone Number)
    M, T, F - 10 am to 6:30pm, W - 10 am to 1pm Th 10am to 7pm, S - 10a to 3pm