570 South Livingston Avenue, Livingston, NJ 07039 Map · Phone number

About Jacqueline Special Occasion Sophistication

At Jacqueline, Extraordinary gowns, dresses and suits are our main focus. Whether you are the Mother of the Bride or Groom, Mother of the Bar/Bat Mitzvah or a guest at a special occasion or a Prom Girl, we will assist you in finding the perfect party ensemble. Day or evening, short or long, black tie or just for fun, look no further then Jacqueline for the finest selection. We carry the areas largest variety of styles and sizes, in stock, from many well known designers. Special orders and customized designs tailored to you, are our specialty. Our knowledgeable, dedicated staff is on hand to guide you in the selection process and help provide a stress free shopping experience. We look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful boutique.

Follow Jacqueline Special Occasion Sophistication on

Jovani08MOBposs NYTphoto

4 Reviews for Jacqueline Special Occasion Sophistication

Michele Tiger · Married on 10/05/2019

1.0

Please read! Be warned! Do not buy a dress from this store!

PLEASE READ! BE WARNED!! DO NOT BUY A DRESS FROM THIS STORE!! My daughter had the worst, most frustrating experience at Jacqueline’s Boutique in Livingston. We read the really negative experiences other people had in the past, and went in with an open mind. However, we were wrong to have been so optimistic. THIS STORE IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF YOUR TIME, MONEY, EFFORT, and your ENERGY.

First, there is a COMPLETE LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RESPECT. My daughter got a dress to wear for a bat mitzvah. She met with the dressmaker and explained what she needed done, and the dressmaker then decided to add cups in it and claimed that it would work well. They completely DESTROYED the dress with alterations, let alone ripping her off for $180 for them!!! Yup!! When she tried on the dress it looked AWFUL! She then explained what she had wanted, again. They went back on their word saying that they could not do that and that is not the style of the dress. The staff just says things that you want to hear to get you to buy! THEY ARE LIARS!

We gave them another chance today to make things right, only to find that the appointment we made for the fitting was not made for the right day! They made if for a week later, on the day of the actual event!!! That’s incredible!

BEYOND UNPROFESSIONAL. The biggest disappointment out of all this was that there were no steps taken to try to rectify these errors. No attempt to reach out. Nothing! THEY ARE UNABLE TO TAKE ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THEIR MISTAKES!!This place is UNACCOMMODATING and completely LACK ANY BASIC SKILLS IN CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

While this post is part therapeutic and mostly A DIRECT WARNING to you the public! In the end, after planning months in advance for this family Bat Mitzvah, my daughter is screwed, without a wearable dress. And out hundreds of dollars, too. HEED MY WARNING AND LEARN FROM HER MISERY AND STAY AWAY!!!!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Jess · Married on 07/20/2013

0.8
      0.0
      2.0
      0.0
      1.0

I keep going back to your shop because honestly there are not a lot around for finding a dress when money is secondary. Years ago, i came to you and you ill-fitted my gown so badly that people at my daughters wedding were in awe of my large breasts already a 38 DD naturally looked like a 42 EEE. I hated the dress and it was so uncomfortable. Fast forward 3 yrs later for my other daughters wedding and make an appointment hoping things will be different. The help is still like rush, rush, "show me the six dresses you think are good and oh, I guess that is it for today"....except we are dealing with a size 2 daughter...easy fit. We have to over hear Jacqueline say, "Don't let them look at the dresses, you pull them", to her sales help. I give a budget and my other daughter pulls something more expensive, shows me, I say try it on,(because if it looks beautiful and she loves it...sold!", and your help says "No". I'm footing the bill and if I didn't ask 1 time I asked a 1000 times "does that come in another color?" I never get an answer because the help doesn't seem to think it's the right dress for my daughter.

I must be an idiot that I keep trying to go back for important occasions. Again, only because I am trying to avoid going into the city and each time I leave I think Jacqueline's is even more unprofessional than the last time.

Never again...with 2 more daughtesr to go. I find you and your help rude and indifferent. I was so pleasantly surprised to go into Millburn to a small dress store that can get anything you have including a dress my daughter loved that we were told at your store, "Oh, that is last years. We can't get it." We spent 2 hours there and the owner waited on us with patience and pleasant as could be. We bought a gown for 2100 dollars when I only expected to pay 1000 dollars. But she looked beautiful and you know what.. I think it was the atmosphere that sold us. I was asked where I got my dress for her wedding and the help proceded to bad-mouth the competitor.

My advise to those out there which I will be happy to spread the word is, "You want to make money and you think you have a flair for high fashion, "open a high end dress store in the essex, morris, bergan county, and just act like your customer is the only one you will ever have".

Have you read your blogs lately....

Sent on 04/11/2012

Claire · Married on 06/30/2017

0.6
      0.5

I shopped at Jacqueline’s for my sorority’s formal in college, so when it came time to go shopping with my mom for her mother of bride’s gown I immediately thought of this shop.while my mom is not the smallest woman, she by no means would require a size outside the realm of “standard sizes”. This store body shamed my mother and tried to pressure her into buying a dress. If I had not been with my mom while shopping, she would have bought a dress because she was made to believe she would find minimal options anywhere else and this was essentially all that would look good on her. Go to sew sand sew 45 minutes further in Augusta, NJ and spare yourself the mental anguish. The behavior at this store and sales tactics are unacceptable!

Sent on 05/22/2018