It's All About The Cake

Dana Point, CA View map

“It’s All About The Cake” is an award-winning custom cake design studio, located in the heart of picturesque Dana Point harbor. Family-owned and operated for over 10 years, Diane Richey and her award-winning designers have created a unique environment in which they work with each client on an individual basis, to create
one-of-a-kind edible works of art.

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cake Pops
Cakes
Cookies
Cupcakes
Dessert Buffet
Groom's Cake

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free

What special ingredients do you use?

Organic

Are you licensed by the state health department?

• Alison
    Alison M. Married on 05/29/2021

Let Them Eat Delicious Cake!

Ana and Colleen were so wonderful to work with. We met Ana the day of our tasting. She was very sweet and explained the process to us. It’s All About The Cake hosts the tasting at their cafe in Dana Point right by the harbor which is a beautiful location. They offer you champagne and bring the cake samples out to you so it is a very indulgent and fun experience! Most importantly, the cake is absolutely DELICIOUS! My Groom and I chose three flavors, one for each layer - vanilla cake with vanilla pastry cream and lemon curd filling, strawberry cake with strawberry pastry cream filling, and chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling. Leading up to the wedding, I changed my mind several times on what type of design I wanted for the cake. No matter how many times I changed it, Colleen and Ana were very patient with me and accommodating. They thought of everything, including asking me how large my cake topper was, so they could make sure it would fit. The day of my wedding, they delivered the cake on time and it was exactly what I asked for. All of my guests were raving about how delicious the cake was. It was so good, I had my venue pack up the leftovers so we could take it home! I would highly recommend It’s All About The Cake.
    Ash Married on 09/19/2020

Fantastic!

It's All About the Cake is Talega Golf Club's partner when it comes to wedding cakes, so after booking with Talega for our wedding this year, we worked with this vendor as well. The cake tasting was a great experience with Colleen, and my (now) husband and I were excited to have awesome cake on our wedding day. We selected vanilla cake with chocolate ganache and Oreo mousse for two of the layers, and the 3rd layer was strawberry shortcake. Our guests raved about the delicious cake, especially the chocolate ganache and Oreo mousse, and the decorations were exactly like the photo sample that I provided. Even though we used artificial flowers and garlands, the end result was better than I would've expected. Thank you team, for the great service and fantastic quality of the cake. We're excited to order our complimentary one-year anniversary cake next year!
    Suzanne Married on 08/29/2020
    Loved working with "It's All About the Cake"!! Alexandra made everything so easy. Not only was the cake beautiful but it was delicious! I loved the cake tasting; it was presented so beautifully and with such attention. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

33 photos · 06/04/2017
  • Cameron & Megan
    18 photos · 10/18/2015

What A Dish Cafe and Catering What A Dish Cafe and Catering Wedding Caterers

We love our sister company! Fresh cakes you can find at all the best hotels and venues in the area. They have flawless designs with amazing and talented staff!

EVENTS BY KATHERINE EVENTS BY KATHERINE Wedding Planners

This Bakery is top notch! Beautiful designs AND great tasting cake! Service is awesome as well! I recommend It's All About The Cake to all my clients.

24921 Dana Point Harbor Drive B100 Dana Point, CA, 92629

Tuesday-Friday 9am-5pm Saturday 9am-4pm Sunday 9am-3pm Monday CLOSED
Location of (It's All About The Cake)

Other vendors in Orange County for your wedding