The Ingersoll-Blackwelder House is located in the Ridge Historic District that includes the Beverly Hills and Morgan Park Neighborhoods in Chicago, Illinois.
We open this home and its significant architecture and history for private and intimate events. Available for both day and/or evening events or for several days for family gatherings.
It was built between 1874 and 1877 by Morgan Park’s developer, the Blue Island Land and Building Company, for grain broker John E. Ingersoll and his wife, Harriet Ingersoll.
The front of the home is in the Queen Anne style while the back of the home has Italianate elements. The Queen Anne style front was added by the subsequent owner after the Ingersolls, Morgan Park Village President Isaac Blackwelder. Mr. Blackwelder served as a chief of the Western Department of the Niagara Fire Insurance Company of New York. His wife, Gertrude Blackwelder was a founder of the Morgan Park Women's Club and a member of the community's school board. She was the first woman to cast a vote in a local election.
The Ingersoll-Blackwelder House is considered a contributing building located within the Ridge Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
The address is 10910 South Prospect Avenue, two blocks from the historic Morgan Park train station at 11046 South Hale.
Other couples have also viewed: