317 s Delaware, Indianapolis, IN 46204 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Indie Hair Design

Indie Hair Design is a wedding beauty service based out of Indianapolis, Indiana. The salon is owned and operated by hairstylist, Allison Rutledge, who has been involved in the hair and beauty industry since 2008. Allison began her career as an apprentice and learned everything from the basic cornerstones of her craft to some of the most complicated hairstyling techniques. Alison has a deep love for weddings and finds joy in helping her clients achieve the perfect look for their special day. She strives to embrace her clients' individuality so that they leave her studio looking and feeling their absolute best.

Indie Hair Design specializes in a wide variety of styles and aims to go above and beyond to showcase each customer’s natural beauty. With an artistic approach to each style and technique, Indie Hair Design offers the following services:

• Personalized consultations

Indie Hair Design 7
  • Katie

Katie Richardson · Married on 03/02/2019

Out of Town but In Luck

I am so grateful that Allison was recommended to me! I live in Texas and was worried that distance would create a lot of obstacles with hair and makeup planning leading up to the big day. However, Allison made everything easy. She confirmed quickly that I was locked in on her calendar, promptly responded to any questions I had, proactively recommended things to think of in preparation for the big day that I would have considered in advance otherwise, and was flexible in scheduling my trial (since I was only in town less than a week before). She even connected me with a great makeup artist – who by the way was extremely busy that weekend and still made time for my bridal party and I because she thinks so highly of Allison. As for the day itself, she met us at our bridal hotel suite and brought an assistant along to help with curling everyone’s hair to help ensure getting ready didn’t feel rushed. She took the time to listen to everyone’s vision and helped bring it to life. Everyone looked *beautiful* and our hair held, even throughout some windy and cold pictures. Every aspect of working with her was very relaxed yet thorough and high-quality…which on a day that’s infamously stressful, it was so refreshing to feel that way! I would highly recommend Allison to any bride!! (She also was very kind to my three dogs that were in the suite preparing for their roles in our ceremony!)

Sent on 03/14/2019
    Indie Hair Design 12
  • Justeen

Justeen Connor · Married on 12/31/2018

Wedding Hair

I love Allison! I have several friends that use her as well. I had actually first met her at a friends wedding. I loved that she nailed the hairstyle I was going for, plus she was super friendly and laid back! So then I starting going to her myself. After getting engaged I knew I wanted her help day of wedding!

Before my wedding she did a great job of giving me ideas that worked well for my NYE themed wedding. We had a few appointments with color, extension application, and trials. She did a great job- my extensions matched perfect! Day of the wedding - I felt completely at ease because the trial went well. We did a glam waves look, and she nailed it!

Her and her friend/colleague,Molly, helped with the whole bridal party. Everyone hair looked amazing. They were able to stick to a schedule and fit a really large group in. I would definitely recommend them for other weddings and will continue to use Allison as my go to!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Indie Hair Design FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides? $ 40.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides? $ 40.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 50.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 50.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 150.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides? $ 100.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 110.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides? $ 90.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 110.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 90.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in prices? Assistant Fee, Consultation
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Facials, Hair, Hair Removal, Makeup, Men's Grooming, Mult. Stylists, Salon, Licensed, Skincare
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Coloring, Extensions, Haircuts, Keratin, Textured Hair Styling, Updos / Styling, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair
  • What hair removal services do you offer? Waxing