Ijams Nature Center

Knoxville, TN View map
Guests 2 to 150

Guests 2 to 150

Celebrate your special day at Ijams Nature Center where lush green foliage and subtle sounds of nature provide an intimate, enchanting backdrop for your ceremony.

Centrally located minutes from downtown, our 315-acre wildlife sanctuary and green space is one of Knoxville's greatest treasures. Choose to have your wedding or reception at Ijams Home Site, where the legacy of the Ijams family started in 1910. Enjoy the surrounding views of forests, flowers and sky. The beautifully rustic arbors provide a natural framework for the bride and groom and may be decorated to suit your personal style.

The reception site with tent pad is accented with a terraced garden and babbling brook. From spring wildflowers to autumn's changing leaves, our Home Site serves as a beautiful and tranquil setting year-round.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$1650.00

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$1650.00

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$550.00

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$550.00

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Parking

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Park

What kind of settings are available?

Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements

What event services do you offer?

Bar Services
Event Rentals
Get Ready Rooms
Pet Friendly

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
    Kelly Married on 07/02/2016
    When someone suggested Ijams nature center to me for my wedding ceremony, I was shocked that I hadn't thought about it sooner. I grew up in Knoxville and went to Ijams all the time as a kid. It is truly one of Knoxville's hidden treasures. The event staff were a breeze to work with from the beginning. I planned my wedding from out of town and the event coordinator worked with me to help me get a vision of what my day would look like. It turned out so beautiful. The meadow was perfect for the ceremony. I loved every minute of it and not just for obvious reasons. It provided the perfect backdrop for my summer wedding and I can't wait to get some more photos back from the photographer, I know they will be beautiful. The event staff had people there directing my guests where to park and closed off the section where the wedding was taking place. If you're looking for a great, centrally located to down town knox, outdoor wedding venue, you should consider Ijams!
  • Ashley
    Ashley P. Married on 04/03/2021

Nature and love

We worked with Nathan, Sarah, and Katie during our planning experience. We love nature and fell in love with the rustic beauty of the nature center. We were originally planning on a destination wedding but due to covid that was out. Throughout the course of planning Ijams added more options to their packages and seemed to really get competitive with what they were offering compared to other venues. We were able to add on a tent package and a few other things that made planning much easier. We were so grateful that the money we did spend on the location itself went to the children's programs they run. The venue itself is on the homesite - there is a place for the ceremony overlooking a flower garden with a nice arbor, a covered wood structure (we did happy hour here), a leveled terrace (we had outdoor games here for our guests), and a tent pad area. There is space for you to store your décor prior to your wedding. Katie was great to work with in setting up all of the logistics. They do have their own staff to help with the day of as well as a bar tender (this saved us so much money by using this option). All of our guests were impressed with the set up and had a great time. Every Ijams staff member was so sweet and helpful. It also made it special because we can actually visit our wedding venue in the future for anniversaries (compared to a banquet hall).
    Allison S. Married on 02/10/2021

Rustic Nature for a good cause

Working with Nathan was such a fun experience. He was always there to answer any of my questions and to bounce ideas around with. He clearly loves his job and has such a contagious energy! His coordination is worth having your wedding at Ijams alone. The venue is a little rough around the edges which worked great for my dream wedding but may not be everyone's favorite. Be prepared to dish out extra for a tent and tables/chairs, too. The venue packages are very affordable though and go towards a great cause.

Real Weddings

• Erin & Simon
    46 photos · 10/28/2018

Pricing

Ijams Nature Center Price Rates

2915 Island Home Avenue Knoxville, TN, 37920
Location of (Ijams Nature Center)

Other vendors in Knoxville for your wedding

Wedding Venues