2915 Island Home Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37920 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 5 to 250
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing

About Ijams Nature Center

Celebrate your special day at Ijams Nature Center where lush green foliage and subtle sounds of nature provide an intimate, enchanting backdrop for your ceremony.

Centrally located minutes from downtown, our 315-acre wildlife sanctuary and green space is one of Knoxville's greatest treasures. Choose to have your wedding or reception at Ijams Home Site, where the legacy of the Ijams family started in 1910. Enjoy the surrounding views of forests, flowers and sky. The beautifully rustic arbors provide a natural framework for the bride and groom and may be decorated to suit your personal style.

The reception site with tent pad is accented with a terraced garden and babbling brook. From spring wildflowers to autumn's changing leaves, our Home Site serves as a beautiful and tranquil setting year-round.

Follow Ijams Nature Center on

homesite meadow
fullsizerender

4 Reviews for Ijams Nature Center

Kelly · Married on 07/02/2016

When someone suggested Ijams nature center to me for my wedding ceremony, I was shocked that I hadn't thought about it sooner. I grew up in Knoxville and went to Ijams all the time as a kid. It is truly one of Knoxville's hidden treasures. The event staff were a breeze to work with from the beginning. I planned my wedding from out of town and the event coordinator worked with me to help me get a vision of what my day would look like. It turned out so beautiful. The meadow was perfect for the ceremony. I loved every minute of it and not just for obvious reasons. It provided the perfect backdrop for my summer wedding and I can't wait to get some more photos back from the photographer, I know they will be beautiful. The event staff had people there directing my guests where to park and closed off the section where the wedding was taking place. If you're looking for a great, centrally located to down town knox, outdoor wedding venue, you should consider Ijams!

Samantha · Married on 09/04/2016

We were so happy to have our wedding at Ijams Nature Center. We planned our wedding from out of state and the coordinator was so accommodating to work with over the phone and in person when we made the trip to Knoxville. The venue is beautiful and it was great to have access to the Miller building. I enjoyed having the ceremony, reception, wedding party photos, and family photos all on one site. We had the flexibility to be able to transform the site into our vision for the day. Everything looked beautiful!

This venue provided a beautiful outdoor setting for our wedding. Although it rained throughout our wedding weekend, Ijams was accommodating in allowing us to install a massive tent in the gravel lot in order to make sure that everyone stayed dry during our wedding. There was ample parking for our 200+ guests, and the grounds were well manicured in preparation for us. I am so thankful that we chose to have an outdoor wedding at Ijams because of its natural beauty.

Ijams Nature Center Pricing

Ijams Nature Center Price Rates

Ijams Nature Center FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 1,650.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 1,650.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 1,650.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 1,650.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Parking
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 250