2841 Baldwin Avenue, Makawao, HI 96768 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 16
  • Real Weddings 1

About Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center

An Elegant Upcountry Setting!

The Hui's spacious Mediterranean-style home was designed in 1917 by famous Honolulu architect, C.W. Dickey, for Harry Baldwin and his wife Ethel, founder of Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center. The Hui has been a gathering place for some of the greatest artistic minds contributing to Maui arts and culture.

Set against the stunning backdrop of Haleakala, the 25-acre grounds of this Upcountry estate include two of Maui's largest Cook Island pine trees, the historic remains of one of Maui's earliest sugar mills, native Hawaiian flora plus jacaranda, palm and avocado trees, and extraordinary views of the West Maui Mountains and Maui's North Shore. The historic plantation manor offers a selection of spaces wrapped in dramatic architectural features that create a fresh, sophisticated and unforgettable setting for your next event.

Please contact us today! 808-572-6560; jfry@huinoeau.com

• Real Weddings 4
  • Videos 1

6 Reviews for Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center

Charmaine · event on 05/17/2014

It was a great experience for our employees that attended our annual company picnic. The location was beautiful and cool and very relaxing. We had a great time and look forward to having another event there in the future.

Sent on 06/09/2014

Bonny · event on 09/20/2013

The Hui is a stunningly gorgeous iconic Maui landmark. Having our event there meant that we did not need to think about decorations as the building and Art Gallery are already beautifully decorated. Parking is plentiful and it is central to the island. The staff are very courteous and helpful. I could not have been happier with our corporate party and plan to make it an annual tradition. The feedback I have received from all of our guests was rave reviews, it is a venue that makes it look like you spent a million dollars but is actually quite affordable.

Sent on 06/07/2014

Keri at the Hui was great to work with. She gave us a full tour and kept us in the loop with goings on at the site. The price was right for us and we were able to allow our guests to explore the art gallery. I really think this is one of the best options on Maui, and currently one of the cheapest.
    The Hui is a beautiful and special location, they give you a ceremony site down by an old mill, a reception site by the house, access to the kitchen, bathrooms (with torches lighting the way to the,) and for a little extra a bridal cottage, garbage hauling.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 1,300.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 1,300.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 600.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 600.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Parking
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 250
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 1
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 5
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building, Mansion, Museum
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • What event services do you offer? Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Outside Vendors

Real Weddings

• A White Orchid Wedding
    A White Orchid Wedding Wedding Planners

We love working with The Hui Noe'eau! They have an amazing team and the venue is just breathtaking!

• Joanna Tano Photography
    Joanna Tano Photography Wedding Photographers

I would highly reccomend Hui No'eau to anyone looking for a lovely Upcountry Maui wedding venue! Beautiful grounds and a great place for wedding photos!

• Tad Craig Photography
    Tad Craig Photography Wedding Photographers

Well I guess you have to give credit where credit is due............................................. I owe much GRATITUDE to the Hui No'eau for David Ulrich's B&W photography class. At that point some 15 years ago I jumped straight into processing & printing my own B&W work. It was this experience that I really "Got it" & changed from taking snapshots to real images with meaning. David Ulrich the instructor of the course pushed all of his students to learn & explore the boundaries. Actually I had taken many of his classes & have to say that it was the foundation to the work I am doing to this day! Used to LOVE, LOVE, Love going to the darkroom to process my latest B&W rolls to see what I had created! Of course in those days we just put our fingers & hands directly in the nasty chemicals. Now that it is all digital I don't have to do that any more. Thank goodness! Still to this day I will drive by the Hui thinking of my early beginnings in the basement darkroom! Many Mahalos Hui No'eau!

• 2841 Baldwin Avenue Makawao, 96768 See on map