201 West Walnut Street, Lancaster, PA 17603 Map · Phone number

About House of Clarendon

My name is Martine Cajas, I am the new owner of The House of Clarendon. I have had intensive training from Julie Bashore for the last 3 years. In late February of this year Julie sold the business to me. With Julie's training I have grown and designed new, fresh and exciting ideas for brides in the Central PA market.

Julie Bashore, Master Confectioner, is a native of England who has an award winning twenty year background in Culinary and Confectionery Arts. She has taught courses and demonstrated at expositions in England, France, Switzerland, Mexico, USA, and Zimbabwe.

The House of Clarendon, situated on the corner of West Walnut and Water Streets in Lancaster City, is an English Tea Room and Cakery, specializing in delicious attractive European style cakes for every occasion. Clarendon hosts a Bridal Cake Gallery where brides may sample and design their own wedding cakes. Our cakes capture the elegance of satin and lace, with the soft glow of romance, whether traditional, contemporary or lovingly funky. So that you enjoy both the look and taste of our creations our fondant is THIN, SOFT and CREAMY you won't even know they are eating it.

134 Reviews for House of Clarendon

1 User photo

House of  Clarendon 1
  • Solo2Deltito

Arlynn · Married on 10/05/2018

The most amazing cake ever, Martin had my vision from the moment we met. He is amazing. My cake was amazing and delicious! All of my guest raved about the cake and how yummilicious that it was! Thank you Martin for your amazing artistic and beautiful wedding cake. It was My Dream Wedding and you made it that much more special with your stunning cake! #solo2deltito

House of  Clarendon 2

Melinda · Married on 07/20/2018

Delicious and Unique

Designing our wedding cake was one part we were very excited for! Martine presented us with many options and helped us create a unique wedding cake that included everything we wanted. He is very professional, creative and knowledgeable about the wedding industry. We appreciated his advice along the way. We received so many compliments on how delicious the cake was! Hands down, the best cake we have ever had at a wedding. We will definitely be using him again for any other cake/dessert needs

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/12/2018

Martine and his team at the House of Claredon were absolutely amazing! Martine was wonderful in helping us to design the perfect wedding cake for our day! He also helped me to create a wonderful groom's cake to surprise my husband with! During our rehearsal dinner and wedding, people commented on how delicious our cake was! My husband and several other guests even commented that they don't normally like cake, but that ours was amazing!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

House of Clarendon FAQ

• What types of desserts do you provide? Cake Pops, Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

• Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square
    Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square Hotel Weddings

Beautiful cakes, prompt delivery, and amazing pink champagne cake!

• Exquisitely Announce LLC
    Exquisitely Announce LLC Wedding Invitations

Not only did House of Clarendon create my wedding cake in 2010... but many of my bridal clients have used them as well! And during client follow ups, they have greatly thanked me for recommending them to Martine and his crew. Their cake creations are exquisite and one-of-a-kind!!!! AND of course their flavors are out of this world. Their warm-hearted professionalism is a quality we all seek with our vendors.... and Martine and his crew at House of Clarendon have got it goin' on!

• Creative Interpretations Photography
    Creative Interpretations Photography Wedding Photographers

Martine doesn't just make cakes, he makes art. Over the years when we walk into a reception, we can tell right away if it is a House of Clarendon cake. The beauty and one of a kind details to each cake is second to none. Highly Recommend

• 201 West Walnut Street Lancaster, 17603 See on map