Historic Elgin Hotel

Marion, KS View map
Up to 100 guests

Up to 100 guests

The Historic Elgin Hotel is a vintage-style wedding venue located in the Flint Hills of Kansas, just an hour north of Wichita in Marion. Characterized by its 19th-Century architecture, this elegant hotel is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Brimming with old-time charm, the venue has been welcoming couples and vacationers alike for generations. You and your loved ones will be delighted by its abundance of nostalgic, Victorian-era decor. Featuring a Victorian Ballroom and a Vintage Courtyard, as well as 12 uniquely-themed guest rooms, this historic hotel is ideal for soon-to-be newlyweds who wish to say “I do” in a intimate setting.

Facilities and Capacity

Able to host up to 75 guests, the Historic Elgin Hotel can set the scene for your ceremony and reception. You can exchange vows in the outdoor courtyard, a beautiful open-air space that features pristine landscaping and whitewashed stone walls. After pledging your love, you can head inside to enjoy your after-party in the Victorian-inspired ballroom. A perfect place for dinner and dancing, this event space is replete with crystal chandeliers, stately pillars, chenille and lace draperies, and antique furniture. Details like the old-fashioned, silver-framed mirror complement the room’s old-world aesthetic. The hotel boasts 12 luxurious suites for couples and their loved ones to stay in leading up to and following the main event. Combining classic charm with contemporary comfort, these rooms feature en-suite bathrooms, hot tubs, TVs, and complimentary WiFi. Additional facilities include a fitness center, game lounge, outdoor veranda, and an on-site restaurant.

Offering a wide range of wedding packages, the Historic Elgin Hotel’s team is passionate about helping couples to realize their dreams. For those seeking a comprehensive bundle of services, the Happily Ever After package is a suitable choice. This weekend option includes a guided tour, two nights of accommodation for up to 31 people, and use of the facilities from Friday afternoon through Sunday noon. Alternatively, elopement, proposal and ceremony-only packages are available. Tables, chairs, and banquet equipment can be set up and cleared away by the hotel's impeccable service staff. Event items such as linens, dinnerware, an arbor, and centerpieces can also be provided.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$3,000

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$3,000

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$1,000

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$1,000

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Chairs
Clean Up
Lighting/Sound
Parking
Set Up
Tables

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$100

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

2 event spaces, 12 suites

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Garden
Historic Building
Hotel
Inn/B&B
Mansion

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Get Ready Rooms
Outside Vendors
Set Up
Wifi

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch
Dance Floor
Decor
Furniture
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Chocolate Fountain
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Shuttle
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

January
September
October
November
December

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
November
December

Alyson S. Married on 03/27/2021

The BEST Experience

The Elgin Hotel was the first venue I visited and I was immediately sold. I cannot provide enough praise for Tammy and her team at the Elgin for making our wedding day better than we could have asked. From the unique rooms our guests loved, to the brunch my our guests have continually asked for ways to find the recipes (still asking 3 months later), and not to mention the one of a kind space, I was completely blown away the entire time. I had a very short timeline for my wedding and the Elgin made this the least stressful part of the entire process. We were able to visit whenever needed to assist with planning table layout/decorations, when my family just wanted to explore, and Tammy was available every step of the way! Every question or need we came to Tammy with, they found a solution! For my groom, they had the perfect space for him and his groomsmen to play pool, card games, watch TV, yard games, and much more. For myself as the bride, The Elgin provided the perfect space to get ready, have brunch, and enjoy/relax while getting ready. As many of my guests stayed at the hotel the weekend of the wedding, they were never bored with many areas to explore, games to play, and the chance to get to know each side of the family! I can't help but mention how wonderful their tubs were to soak in. Incredible to say the least! So many of our guests couldn't help but admire the enormous, "fun tubs." To say the least, we all left wanting these in our own homes! For the wedding itself, the ballroom offered the perfect area for our wedding and reception in March. The outdoor area provided the perfect space for our guests after the wedding as well as for pictures. The hotel itself (inside and out), provided so many great, unique places for the perfect pictures. Overall, I could not more strongly recommend the Elgin Hotel. They make your guests feel like they're at home with such strong attention to the small details and make all of your dreams come true for your wedding! You absolutely cannot go wrong with the Elgin! My husband and I are already planning a weekend visit!
    Gwen Married on 11/10/2019

Wonderful Experience

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Elgin in November 2019. They were great to work with, and the space is absolutely beautiful. We were able to reserve most of the rooms for family and friends the night before the wedding, and had a lovely time hanging out and making ourselves at home in the several gathering areas spread throughout the space. Organizing the ceremony and reception was virtually painless, and the Elgin team went out of their way to make everything come together perfectly. What I love about this space is that we can come back to stay and remember the experience - it is going to be a yearly tradition for my husband and I to stay at the Elgin on our anniversary.
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing Venue

Staff did an amazing job of answering all of our questions leaving up to the wedding. They had a back up plan if it rained and they were very accommodating. All of our guests said it was the perfect place and it fit our Gatsby/1920a theme! This is definitely a place we will recommend and we also plan on coming back to celebrate anniversaries!

Pricing

Team

Jeremy & Tammy Ensey
Jeremy & Tammy Ensey
Hotel Proprietor

115 N. 3rd St. Marion, KS, 66861
(620) 382-3200

Sunday through Saturday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Location of (Historic Elgin Hotel)

Other vendors in Wichita for your wedding

Wedding Venues